The maintenance journey

Nice work Zoe! and a nice little surprise to lose a little more, you're doing so well!

Have a great week!
x

I am craving sweet stuff at the moment. I don't know what's up with me and it's driving me nuts. I could honestly binge on choc until I was sick but so far have resisted the bag full of easter eggs still left over from the kids. Last night I had some choc but it still didn't go away. Is there a reason why we crave sugar? Does anyone else get like this. I really miss my cd bars in the evening lol.

I guess the sugar cravings are as a result of eating more carbs - I never crave anything when following a low-carb plan but as soon as I eat an apple, I could follow it with a tub of sweets.
Your stats are a real inspiration, well done on really going for it, will look out for your interview - let us know how it went

Hi girl's,

well things are balancing out nicely and I have got myself into a good routine. I am no longer feeling guilty about eating foods that I would usually class as "naughty". I have them only ocassionally so shouldn't beat myself up when I do decide to induldge. It certainly isn't affecting the scales either so I am a happy bunny. The sweet craving has also subsided thank godness and I think it may be due to the fact that I have actually told myself if I want I can have it in moderation - strange how if we forbid ourselves something it becomes all the more tempting. I find myself naturally choosing the healthy option now and really enjoying it to.

Hope everyone is well xx.

It is 1 year ago today that I started cambridge. 12 months on I have been at goal for nearly 2 months and enjoying maintenance. It has so been worth it and I am enjoying the quality of life in my new healthy bod lol. Hope your all well xx

well done zoe! can i ask what you tend to eat day to day?

Thanks leeds123, I stick to around 1500 calories a day. I have cereal or toast for breakfast, Lunchtime a sandwich with fruit and yoghurt or jacket potato with tuna etc, fruit or low cal snack mid morning and afternoon and I choose an evening meal around 700 calories-basically if it fits in my calorie range for the day I allow myself what I want. I always tend to choose the healthier option because thats what I enjoy now so It's all working out really well.

Well done with your weightloss, you have done great xx.

Hi Zoe - it's great to hear you have been maintaining for a few months!

I have moved up to 1000kcal plan now - really enjoying it. Although I am still 7lbs to goal, I was getting bored and want to enjoy the final leg of the journey. And boy do I know how you feel on the chocolate binge front haha x

Hi girl's,

Becca, how you doing on the 1000 plan, hope your enjoying it xx.

Well with the hot weather I was 4lb up on the scales yesterday but back off again today and back to nomal! unbelieveable how much fluid retention can make the scales go up- I freaked out when it showed me being 4lb heavier and couldn't wait to get on the scales this morning to check again lol. I don't think I could ever put the weight back on past a couple of pounds fluctuating here and there as just the thought of it makes me feel like crap and the minute it does creep up I have few days on 1000 calories. I don't have to do it often but it just reigns things in if I have had a night out etc. Does anybody else do this? Hope your all doing well xx

Hey Zoe.D,

Glad to see all is going well, damn that water fluctuation eh! it's the bane of my life!

I read on another thread that you are celebrating your 10 anniversary...fantastic! and renewing your vows that's so lovely. It was our 10th last year, we celebrated by going to see Russel brand on stage and having a night in Birmingham...good fun. the original intention was to renew our vows in Vegas...we'll get there one day!

Wishing you a great bank holiday weekend!

x

Sounds like you had a great time on your 10th anninversary Lelly. Hope you get to Vegas and renew them there in the future. We planned to go abroad but the pennies wouldn't stretch that far. I am still looking forward to it though and can't wait for my dress to come at the end of June. Have a great Bank Holiday weekend to xx.

Hi Zoe, I just discovered your maintenance diary on here. Stories like yours are what keep me going on difficult days. You've done amazingly well and it sounds as if you manage maintenance well too. I hope one day I can add my own diary here. How did the CD photo shoot go by the way?

Thanks Agnes and hello Shanny,

The photo shoot was great. I had a fab day and had my hair and make up done and stylist that put me in 3 different outfits for the shoot. I have had a sneak peek at 2 of the pics but they will be sending me the cd with all the pics on soon so I will post some on here when I get it. The lady from cambridge interviewed me and they had a journalist interview me to so I will keep you girls posted as to what happens- they are hoping for it to go in a magazine- so exciting but a bit strange to lol.

I hope your all doing great xx.

Hi Zoe

Wow at the photo shoot, that must have been amazing!!

Would love a stylist myself as definitely not dressing to flatter the figure now, and feel a little like I've lost my way there.

Have a great day :) xx

Hi Alexmummy, yeah I was a bit stuck for a while but have finally adjusted to my new shape. It takes a while I think to get used to dressing in clothes that actually give us shape and not just dressing to cover up anymore. The stylist put me in stuff i wouldn't have usually gone for and I was surprised that I liked the outfits when I got them on lol. You have done so well hun, get yourself off to the shops -even if it's only trying on and take lots of different stuff into the changing rooms-even that can make you feel much better xx.

Hi girl's, I am still feeling fab and feel as though I have cracked it this time. It's nearly 3 months since I hit goal and I am still at goal weight. It's such a relief to be able to keep the weight off and I feel absolutley great for it. I am living life to the full and can't belive how great life is being slim. It's the best thing I have ever done. I hope every one is doing well xx

Hey Zoe, so glad you are doing so well with maintenance!
Fantastic!
Have a fab weekend!
x

Hi Zoe,
been away for a while. Lovely to catch up on diaries and hear you are doing so well and maintaining. Must feel fantastic. The photoshoot sounds great fun and well deserved. I reckon it should be a 'must do' on all of our lists of things to do once at goal. I have a pre wedding shoot coming up in the next few weeks and i'm a bit nervous, never done anything like it before- but excited too! xx

Back