"the majority of weight loss comes from loss of water and muscle tissue, not fat"

I'm about start CDSS on Friday but have just been sent this by a friend who is a PT in the Royal Marines....

In the short term, most people who go on low carb diets do lose weight and they lose it very quickly. However, the majority of weight loss comes from loss of water and muscle tissue, not fat which is what you need to lose to keep the weight off.

Is this true of the Cambridge diet?? last thing I want to lose is muscle mass! :confused:

Someone reassure me!

Cheers!

sounds like something that is very misguided about low carb diets to me. so it's probably very misguided about the cd too!!
abz xx

I have body fat scales and I can tell you I have gained muscle and water and lost fat so that man can kiss my shrinking bottom.

initially u will lose water from ur body, which is why its so important to drink on CD! however, if u stick to the diet and follow the plans, u will be burning fat! u need to be careful about what exercise u are doing when on CD, as if u are doing too much, then u can lose muscle mass.

I have body fat scales and I can tell you I have gained muscle and water and lost fat so that man can kiss my shrinking bottom.

That made me laugh out loud. pmsl.

from what i understand of it you burn fat whilst in ketosis.

There is a post on here somewhere about the ins and outs of it all

I will see if i can find it.

debs x

'On SS, what happens when BMI reaches 25'

Hiya analyst, have a look for the above post, on page 4 or 5 i think if you read through it there is info on there explaining about fat loss and muscle loss.

Hope this helps

Debs x

I've been weighing myself every day on body fat % scales. So far I've lost 19 pounds, of which 13.2 pounds has been fat. The remaining 6 pounds can easily be explained by the first few weeks water loss.

CD is not just any old low carb diet. The ones that are bad tell you what not to eat (carbs) but don't pay enogh attention to making sure that what you do eat fuels your body properly - so you can lose balance. CD on the other hand makes sure to give you sufficient nutrients to keep your body running so your body doesn't need to shred muscles.

'On SS, what happens when BMI reaches 25'

Hiya analyst, have a look for the above post, on page 4 or 5 i think if you read through it there is info on there explaining about fat loss and muscle loss.

Hope this helps

Debs x

Hi Debs - could you give me a clearer link to that post, please? I'd love to read it, but am fully booked today with clients who are losing weight successfully and healthily;). Thanks.

I'm about start CDSS on Friday but have just been sent this by a friend who is a PT in the Royal Marines....

Is this true of the Cambridge diet?? last thing I want to lose is muscle mass! :confused:

Someone reassure me!

Cheers!

Ah, you see, Analyst, Cambridge Diet isn't a low-carb diet. It's a balanced very low calorie diet.....isn't it, people?

the majority of weight loss comes from loss of water and muscle tissue, not fat
Gosh really? well all these amazing people who have lost so much weight on CD must just be a quivering mass of bone and dehydrated fat at the end then.:D

Whoever told you that must have been talking out of his bottom to be honest.

well all these amazing people who have lost so much weight on CD must just be a quivering mass of bone and dehydrated fat at the end then.:D

As someone who lost close to 8.5 stone on CD (and has maintained the loss for 1.5 years to date) I am rather glad to say that I don't remotely resemble a dried-out prune with quivering bones and wobbly muscles :rolleyes:

Of course that's only my opinion :giggle:

Back