The March Team

Good luck Gill & like Debs says just log on here if you feel you need any inspiration - we are all in the same boat!
I slipped up last week but with the motivation of everyone here I know that I can get back there - very different to previous diets.
Good luck to everyone else - have a good SS day everyone xx

Hi folks not been on this week as been very poorly with a chest infection...they've given me all sorts of tablets - steroids, antibiotics and inhalers....when I walk I rattle with the tablets...lol

Anyway, not been on my SS this week....been eating when I could but still not felt like it much....but have still managed to lose 2-3lbs this week which is good.

Hope everyone else is having a fabulous week and good luck for everyone's weigh ins. :)

Hi all

I've had to bring forward my 3rd weigh-in to this evening instead of tomorrow, so a bit aprehensive as it will have only been 6 days instead of 7 but I've been 100% SS so hoping for a decent loss !

Sonya, I LOVE Egypt, I've been to Sharm El Sheikh twice, I went last October with a girlfriend and the August before with my boyfriend, it's one of my absolute favourite places - you will love it. The weather in August will be extremely hot, definitely over 100 degrees - but if you're like me, the hotter the better !

I'm off to Portugal with a girlfriend on 9 June for a week and then my boyfriend and I (along with about 25 other people) are going to Las Vegas for a week in August, I can't wait - my bro is getting married in The Bellagio while we're out there so it's going to be an extra special holiday - definitley an incentive to stick to CD !

My boyfriend and I are going away this weekend, we're off to The Belfry (no I'm not playing golf!), so I'm going to have to eat. I'm hoping I can go for some kind of chicken and salad or chicken and veg dish and just skip the desert. I've been told that for brekkie I should have sausage/bacon and egg rather than something like toast or yogurt and fruit as it will be less likely to kick me out of ketosis - can anyone confirm this?

Have a great day everyone, sun is shining and we're all STARS !

Vix

Morning guys,

hope you are all well.

100% SS again today- who's with me???

Sonya, when booking your hols with the kids try booking through someone like Travel Republic where you pay for the hotel and flights separately- they don't charge single supplements so it would work out a lot cheaper!

Egypt is my second home, I've been 9 times as I love to dive and it's one of my favourite places! Sharm is nice but I do prefer El Gouna which is in Hurghada- Lovely. Going back in September and I can't wait! But off to Tenerife a week today so that will have to do for now!lol

Well done to everyone on their losses this week- your all doing a great job xx

Ooooh all this holiday talk is making me want to go NOW! I have to say Im worried though, My holidays always revolved around food, I hope that Im dedicated enough in June still.

Morning All,

Twingo, I know exactly what you mean. As parents we want our children to experience so many things and this holiday, even at such a young age, will teach them so much.
Wow, Rome should be fantastic and while you are on holiday, don't go mad but I'd certainly have to let my hair down a little and eat. :drool:

Dextersmum, three weeks will be a dream. I plan to go for two as one week just flies by. I love the hot weather and I'll love it even more when I can wear almost anything I want (still had two kids and have a rather bad burn scar on my right, top leg and stomach!). Also when my kids go swimming here they are shivering when they get out. It'll be so nice to just see them popping in and out of the water and me not needing to rush over and wrap them up to keep the cold out. :p

Gill, good luck hun, I'm also on my second day restart, so I'll be thinking of you. :)

Nellis, poor you. I hope you are feeling better now. At least you still managed to lose lbs which is great. You know where we are if you need some sympathy cos if your family is anything like mine, I need to beg for it! Lol. :giggle:

Vix, you sound like you are going to travelling quite a bit! I'm excited for you! Lol. :giggle:Egypt does look beautiful and I want to remember this holiday as I might not be able to go on another cos I'll be bankrupt from this one! :boohoo:
Any tips or advice that anyone has would be very much welcome, especially when it comes to the kids.
I'm not sure about the food but I guess you'd eat anything that you can on the atkins, right? Low carbs an all.
Las Vegas definitely sounds like the business. I'd love to go there but when the kids are alot older and can really enjoy it! ;)

Losing It for Good, I'm 100% too. I have tried searching for flights and hotels separately but opted to go with Thompsons who have childrens clubs. I don't want anyone to look after my kids but if they can meet children of a similar age in a club setting, I think that alone would make the holiday for them. :)
We will be visiting Marsa Alam. I think it's in the North. Supposed to be very nice and I just can't wait to book now!! :D

Now, onto something a little more serious. I am having a tooth taken out today! :cry:I'm so scared. Help! :cry:This is when I miss my ex the most cos he helped me to believe in myself. He always kept me grounded at the same time though. :cry:

All is good though, feeling positive about the diet, I know I have still lost this week despite my hiccups. Had my chocolate tetra as a ot chocolate and I didn't like it much so will stick to drinking out the carton.

Aww Sony, hope your extraction isnt too painful, Im sure you will be just fine. Let us know how you get on x

I'm sooooo scared! Especially as I have got to cook and look after the kids! They are good kids though and I'm sure they won't be too much trouble (she prays)! :giggle:

Thanks Sonya! You house must be like mine...it took me to come back with an arsenal of drugs from the pharmacist for my husband to believe it was just a silly cold!!!:mad::)

Hi guys was wondering if I could join you? I'm on day 5 of SS and the first few days were fine and now I'm really struggling. Did have a weigh in last night where I lost 5.5lbs which is amazing so has motivated me but really missing eating!

Morning all.
I've feeling so drained and worn out at the moment. I presume that this is down to my TOTM which has arrived after 4 months of being without. Bah.
I'm hoping that it won't affect my weight loss this week, but we'll just have to wait and see.
All this talk of holidays is making me long for sunnier climes. We don't actually have a holiday planned for this year, although I have family that have properties abroad so we may end up going away.
I grew up in Spain though and although I do adore it out there, I would rather go somewhere else.

Welcome to the team Scotskt!

Gem, thanks so much, I'm really not looking forward to it but hey, who does? Lol. :giggle:
Wow, how long did you live in Spain?
Don't worry too much about TOTM, I'd be more concerned with having to stock up on tampax again!
Lol. :D

Thanks for the sweetcorn advice Sonya, I would've ended up devouring the whole thing without knowing - I love them!! Anyway I've decided to have Gammon & Eggs instead, it's higher in calories but no carbs so I should be fine... oh I'm not sure what the better option is now!! Which affects your weight loss more?

I'm beginning to think my CDC is no good, it takes her ages to get back to me and for all she knows I could've eaten my corn on the cob by now and been thrown out of ketosis! tut tut!!

You're all making me regret my decision not to go abroad this year now!! I am going on a girlie camping trip with my best friends though and then to the V festival in August which I'm very excited about - might have to book a winter deal if they don't sort me out! Just an excuse to wear a bikini really when I'm thin :)

Good Luck everyone - the OFFICIAL March Team :)

On and off for about 20 years. I went to middle school there and then came back in my final year of primary, then went back when I was 21.

Hi All.

sorry i haven't been around the last few days. but wow it has taken me ages to catch up on the posts.

well done everyone who has lost weight this week and to everyone who slipped up, it happens but at least you didn't just give up, i know it is hard going. well done all for sticking with it.

i went to portsmouth sunday and went for a nice long walk with hubby (have the blisters to show for it, ouch), didn't even have a icecream just sat and watched hubby eat his.

well today i am on day 24 ss and still 100%, i am missing food like mad .
i have my 4th WI thursday evening.

today i woke with a cough,cold and sore throat don't know what i can take for it because i'm afraid of being knocked out of ketosis.

i am dreading events i have due we are going to france for a week at easter, that's going to be so hard, plus we have quite a few birthday parties to go to. i must stay strong.

hopefully by the time we all get our holidays we will all be a lot slimmer.

good luck

sonya good luck with the dentist. i hate going there too, i never have to have treatment just going for the checkup makes me feel ill.

Skinnie Minnie ~ if you're not happy with your CDC, go and find another.
I phoned one and just didn't get a good vibe from her (and that was just on the phone) and phoned another who was lovely from the very beginning.
Obviously the second one is the lady that I see, but you really need to be happy with your CDC.

Hey All,

I'm back from the dentist and boy what a roller coaster of emotions that was! It's all good at the moment as part of m mouth is numb. Not supposed to smoke either, I mean that is, what has been, keeping me busy while on this diet. :cry:

Skinnie Minnie, no probs about the sweetcorn, I only know cos I love it so much. I ate it all the time with almost everything! :drool:
I'd stick some chicken and any green veg or salad. Eggs are good too.
I also agree with Gem, that if you are not completely happy with your CDC you should change. I am on my third one as every CDC works slightly differently. I need one to inspire and motivate me and someone who is closer to my age. I need a CDC and a friend. Good luck with whatever you do.:)

Gem, that's so cool. What do you think the differences are between UK and Spain? :p

Thinklite, thanks for your good thoughts. I hope you don't feel too rough. :( I been suffering since last week and haven't yet fully recovered. I'm sure there is a thread about what you can and can't take. I'll try doing some research for you. ;)

Afrernoon All,

I went to see Grease the musical last night, and had a slip up:(:(..
Had a chicken caeser salad had no dressing, but ate the cheese what was on it:(:(, also had a glass of wine:(
Feel really disapointed with myself today!
Ive got WI tomorrow, i just hope i have lost this week...even 2lb!
After 13 days of doing SS 100% i went and blew it!!
(sorry to moan)
xx

Back