The Men Who Made Us Fat

Paulinegin

Gold Member
New series starts on BBC tonight.

The programme is about decisions that were made years ago regarding food production and how that has affected our tastes and way of eating today.

Tonight is about high fructose corn syrup.

Oooh, I LOVE a fat programme :D

P x

Supersize va Superskinny is my fave fat programm! Always makes me hungry though!

set the recorder as we have the Ireland game on, and they are not doing too well against Spain. Cx

Ill have to put the bbc iplayer on and watch....I'm the same will watch owt, that's fat related x

Tks will check it out on iplayer. I've been watching Secret Eaters Wednesdays ch4@ 8pm...sure makes me hungry though :eek:! Last one in the series next Wed. Saska

Tks will check it out on iplayer. I've been watching Secret Eaters Wednesdays ch4@ 8pm...sure makes me hungry though :eek:! Last one in the series next Wed. Saska

Secret Eaters is brilliant; especially love the weekly psychology bit!

P x

I don't usually watch Telly but been watching the secret eaters! It's do funny 'I only eat 1000 cals a day with no snacks why am I fat' then find out they eating kebabs for breakfast and deep fried children for dinner haha shows you what denile really is!!

watched it last night!! we are being made fat by the sugar industry!! Its in everything we eat even the low fat stuff is full of sugar!! no wonder we have an obesity crisis. Caught a bit of a prog this morning on Ch 5, Big Body Squad, OMG those poor people, but then if they are bed bound who is giving them the food!! one guy put 4 stone on after leaving hospital he was nearly 60 stone!!

I read somewhere a few years ago that most of the low fat stuff especially WW biscuits have extra sugar to compensate for the taste. Stands to reason that some of the dairy stuff would be the same. Need to check labels...

Back