The method for counting calories as accurately as possible

Yasmine

One last chance
Is this the correct method?

Here's an example:

Usually, nutrition is written down for 100g of whatever it is. In this case it's petit filou yoghurt.

It says that there are 150 calories in 100g.

1 pot weighs 60g.

Is this a way to find out the calories in 60g?

150 kcal
[FONT=&quot]÷ 100g x 60g = 90 kcal
So, does this mean that there are 90 calories in 1 60g pot of petit filou?
[/FONT]

Yes, it give you the correct amount of calories.
Awesome. Hey, is Petit filou the same as fromage frei? my dad said it is but I'm not sure.

yes it is ...my baby boy loves them lol xxxxx how are you doin on refeed yas???xx
Oh good! I've been going crazy looking for fromage frais in the shops and couldn't find any!

Gonna buy some today :)

Well for refeed I'm going to have 2 shakes and then something for dinner. Maybe some steamed chicken with a salad. Ooo it's so wierd! LOL

usually most items have the nutritional info per 100g and the nutritional info per serving or per pot so you should find all the info on the packets. I wouldnt try adding the petite filous to your potatoes or anything in a few days though yas as its a sweet fromage frais, if you want fromage frais to add to mash/jackets or to use with tuna or on pitta etc tesco does a 0% fat fromage frais (think its with the cottage cheeses and stuff) i saw it on chelcies refeed and have been using it myself and its lovely. good luck xxx

usually most items have the nutritional info per 100g and the nutritional info per serving or per pot so you should find all the info on the packets. I wouldnt try adding the petite filous to your potatoes or anything in a few days though yas as its a sweet fromage frais, if you want fromage frais to add to mash/jackets or to use with tuna or on pitta etc tesco does a 0% fat fromage frais (think its with the cottage cheeses and stuff) i saw it on chelcies refeed and have been using it myself and its lovely. good luck xxx
But isn't it a fruity yoghurt? why would you put fruity yoghurt on potatos?

Sounds quite icky, unless there's a plain version.

Yasmine,

Does this help? Its from the Asda website

Good for you virtually fat free fromage frais - natural
Savoury Fromais frais

Little stars fromage frais - assorted
Its the savoury one you can add to tune etc:)

Yasmine,

Does this help? Its from the Asda website

Good for you virtually fat free fromage frais - natural
Savoury Fromais frais

Little stars fromage frais - assorted
Its the savoury one you can add to tune etc:)
Yes it does! LOL

It's been driving me mad! thanks for that. I'll be buying both!

Thank goodness Asda do it, I shall be buying up salad and stuff, Wednesday ready for my refeed on Thursday....can't wait!!!!

Hiya - this website might help you. I used it before and lost quite a bit of weight through calorie counting. You basically input everything you have eaten and it calculates it for you. It also calculates your excerise and gives you more calories to eat if you so wish.

It has all of the supermarket branded foods. You can do a day's trial before signing up just to see what you think of it. I plan on going back to it once I have lost everything and stick to calories. Hopefully!

www.weightlossresources.co.uk

worth a go!

I love low fat cottage cheese on potatoes. It's especially nice mixed with a small tin of tuna (instead of fatty mayo!) and used as a filling for a baked potato, or on two slices of wheaten bread toasted. Mmmm.....

Oh Irishmum, i'm the same but i like to add chopped chives, onion & red peppers........yummy

Thank goodness Asda do it, I shall be buying up salad and stuff, Wednesday ready for my refeed on Thursday....can't wait!!!!

I went healthy shopping in Asda yesterday. I never knew healthy shopping was so fun! :D

Refeeding is such a wierd experience, but so far I'm enjoying it :).

Hiya - this website might help you. I used it before and lost quite a bit of weight through calorie counting. You basically input everything you have eaten and it calculates it for you. It also calculates your excerise and gives you more calories to eat if you so wish.

It has all of the supermarket branded foods. You can do a day's trial before signing up just to see what you think of it. I plan on going back to it once I have lost everything and stick to calories. Hopefully!

www.weightlossresources.co.uk

worth a go!
I went on that site and I used up my trial LOL. I would love to subscribe but it doesn't matter now, I have a calorie counting book and it's great. It's recommended by the site too.

I love low fat cottage cheese on potatoes. It's especially nice mixed with a small tin of tuna (instead of fatty mayo!) and used as a filling for a baked potato, or on two slices of wheaten bread toasted. Mmmm...

I would love to put low fat cottage cheese on my potato for tomorrow, but I don't think I'm allowed it yet. I have to try it though. Am I allowed low fat cottage cheese on Day 3?

Back