The Mini Pill

So if I understand this right I might never get periods ever again? I'm not really sure I like the sound of that. That sounds ridiculous I know, but its my safety net. lol x

i have one 'every now and then' - and i get a bit bloated, so you kinda know its coming.

Everyone has differing experiences though. My Doctor never told me the side effect and i was peeing on a stick after no 'fairy' for 8 weeks! I went back to the doctors and they were like 'oh yeah, thats one of the symptoms!!!' DOH! x

Im on the mini pill (was on combined and had to come off for medical reasons) and i find it better. It really is different for everyone. All medicines have side effects, they have to list them but chances are you wont be effected by them. Id say give it a go and if you dont get on with it, go back to your doctor.

its one of those things where u just dont no how ur body is goin to react to it. u cud stop bleeding for months or bleed for months. hope it goes ok for u xx

I was on cerazette for a while and it was great. No side effects for me, although my skin did possibly get a bit spottier than on the combined pill (but wasn't great anyway). No periods is the best bit though! (They do come back after you stop taking it, don't worry!) I put on weight, but that's cos I was eating crap again, nothing to do with the pill!

jen3 said:
Ditto - have been on it for years and love it. No periods - YAY!!!!!

And I've not noticed it affect my weight loss or my skin

Me too. Funnily I was having similar anxiety to you when my GP switched me from the combined pill to the mini pill (that Cerazette or whatever its called) but 4 months in I couldn't be happier with it.

Like other people have said the best thing to do is to give it a go for a few months and see how you go with it.

Im slightly worried now, Ive been on it nearly a week, and I'm still bleeding! God I was beforehand for like 5days, so this is now gettin beyond a joke!

Whoever told me I'd be lucky to get a period :( I dont think thats gona work, i recon i might still bleed forever! :(:(:(:(:(

Atleast I had no pain whatsoever though x

Im slightly worried now, Ive been on it nearly a week, and I'm still bleeding! God I was beforehand for like 5days, so this is now gettin beyond a joke!

Whoever told me I'd be lucky to get a period :( I dont think thats gona work, i recon i might still bleed forever! :(:(:(:(:(

Atleast I had no pain whatsoever though x

I bled quite heavily for 2 weeks (and before the pill my periods were about 3 days and very light) when I switched from Yasmin (combined pill) to Cerazette. Then had nothing since, will cross my fingers that you're as lucky.

Well I've been bleeding for 11days and tbh Im totally not happy with that, I've not bled that long in 11years!

I'm going back to the docs thursday to switch tablets, I cant be having that and its making me a super b*tch, I feel horrible. My poor bf and lil toddler, I feel dead grumpy all the time, and Ive only had it a week. A week too long! xx

I went on cerazette and didn't stop bleeding For nearly a month. I was on cilest but stopped coz of migraines now back on it but just made an appointment for an ius mirena coil to be fitted which will probably kill me but my weight gain originally started when I went on the pill so after 4 years I've had enough :)
However I've heard that the mini pill is great but I always think that different methods suit different people and the pill doesn't suit me!!!

Ruth
X

I stopped taking my cerazette yesterday my mood swings have been horrific and ive been in tears today coz I feel absolutely vile like a mad b*atch.

Going to docs tomorrow and see what I can sort out, if not I wont be on any pill. Trefoil I was on cileste but after nearly 8 years my body became immune to it, and i was coming on before the break x

Back