The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

Hi there, Just been reading through your thread, thinking that's a good idea then added up my mileage I have run since the beginning of the thread and it comes to 78 miles including today, I started running last April with my local running club, from being a non runner all my life. I love it, its great being so much fitter, although I am not very fast and doubt I ever will be but I have amazed myself at what I have achieved so far. I run about 100 miles per month on roads, never been on a treadmill, I like running in the mornings, I only run in the evening when I run once a week with my running club. I have no ambitions to do any competitive events but may change my mind in time.:D

I run outside on country lanes, I don't like mud so cross country is out, I have never run indoors, I like being out and about.

I live in a village and have hills all around me but on country lanes, I did have a nice 5k route sorted but it included just under a mile of road running which can at times be busy which is bad due to some of the corners. I think I might have to source an alternative route as looking back I really could of got hurt!

4.3 miles tonight, ok so it was slow but I'm thrilled my knee didn't give out, it hurt but I managed to speed walk some of it so it seemed ok, tomorrow will be the test, if I've hurt it I won't be able to go upstairs very well :(

Run 100 miles

Doing much better than me!! Lol. Not ran in over a week now but planning to go Sunday night =) =) I've been struggling lately to be motivated. Dark nights are making it hard for me to get off my butt :-/

Only at 10.35 miles STILL. But I intend on running 5 miles Sunday night and not leaving until I do it!! Grrrr

Doing much better than me!! Lol. Not ran in over a week now but planning to go Sunday night =) =) I've been struggling lately to be motivated. Dark nights are making it hard for me to get off my butt :-/ Only at 10.35 miles STILL. But I intend on running 5 miles Sunday night and not leaving until I do it!! Grrrr

I know exactly how you feel but the feeling afterwards is so great so try to focus on that.

X

Wow that's great! My knee wouldn't let me run that far, it was giving up after 4 on thurs :(

Fortunately at the moment I don't have any problems with my joints so am able to run slightly longer distances but I don't think I would run more than 8 miles, that would be asking for trouble. I am new to running I did the c25k at home in summer of 2012, then stopping when the winter set in, then started running with my local running club last April with the joggers group, and been running ever since, I really enjoy being fitter, and of course the weight is coming off. Maybe I should add I am 58 and never run in my life before!

Thats AMAZING!!!!

Something bad happened today, I was coming down the stairs and didn't open the latch on the baby gate enough and my foot went through the bars and I fell through the gate :(

Its soo swollen and noe the bruising is coming out all over the arch. I've had frozen peas on it for a while and the swelling's gone down, i'm able to walk on it so pretty sure its just a bad scrap/sprain. Very sore and very silly (I cried in agony)

Guess that means no running for a bit :(

Oh dear poor you, hopefully you will recover soon and get back to running again, weather wise it is a good time to have an injury, it is hard to get out in the evenings even when you are fit.

Run 100 miles

Ouch I hope that heals quickly!

I didn't run Sunday night but already committed to an 8.30am treadmill run Monday morning! So I best get some sleep! I have at least 4 miles to achieve, if not 5 :)

Going to try to show you the poorly foot.... Feeling sore today but I managed to sleep a bit. Luckily I have today off to look after little one! Feels weird when I walk on it, like I can feel the swelling squishing around?!

Attachments

• image-2534036257.jpg
    image-2534036257.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 77
  • image-3256801972.jpg
    image-3256801972.jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 99
That doesn't look too good, I would put my feet up if I were you, hopefully it is just a bruise.
Just back from my run on a bike track this time 5.3 miles, total 103 miles!!!!:talk017:

I'm ok! Decided to pop to docs just to be safe and I've been x rayed, it's just badly bruised. Phew! Just gotta rest as much as possible

Back