The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

Haha! What watch do you have now? What are you looking at?

I was looking at a new one last week too but trying to be sensible!

If the weather stays decent, I'm going to try and do a quick 5k later xx

I've got my eye on the garmin forerunner 220, in purple and white :)
It has a pacer on it which would be ideal for marathon training so I don't go out to fast.

My current watch is just one from aldi. It has a heart rate strap with it and tracks your run, but apart from that its not that fancy.

Jennie that's the one I was looking at!!! The virtual pacer and colour screen!

It looks lovely!

Check out some of the TomTom ones too. I had a nosey at those at the expo and they were really cool but I like my current garmin even if it is a bit simplistic xx

I know, I was going to get that Garmin you have, but then fora few extra pennies... well a lot of extra pennies, I thought I may go for this one.

Would it be silly to try and train for a half marathon in 6 weeks?... So tempted to enter Liverpool rock and roll half marathon...

Well is your aim to get a PB? If so, then it's possible but maybe a bit ambitious spec with a niggly foot. If your aim is just to go for it and enjoy it then yeah you def can. You did 6 miles yesterday. You only really need to get up to 10-11 miles to do a half so you could just keep adding 1-2 miles on each week.

The rock n roll medals are AWESOME!! x

Well is your aim to get a PB? If so, then it's possible but maybe a bit ambitious spec with a niggly foot. If your aim is just to go for it and enjoy it then yeah you def can. You did 6 miles yesterday. You only really need to get up to 10-11 miles to do a half so you could just keep adding 1-2 miles on each week.

The rock n roll medals are AWESOME!! x

Just to run it this one. It looks like a nice route and I've only ever been to livepool city centre once! Considering I work in the outskirts of liverpool... bad Jennie! Ha

I think it'll give me and my sister more of an idea of what to aim for over the rest of this year then too. True. I really need this sorting out. Going to ice, stretch and roller tonight ready for a good run tomorrow. We have these greatlocalruns near us now too. Similar to park run, so I'm doing one at salford quays this week too :)

Great news! When is it?

Hi. Everyone

I'm doing the c25k, currently on week 5 day 3. Is it ok for me to join you all?

I'm training for my first 5k run in June. I am still really overweight but the pounds are going down.

I used to love running a few years ago when I was slim and reached 10k.

My aim is to lose weight and next year do a marathon with some half marathons and 10k runs along the way. (I got the running bug)

Yay another member! Couch to 5k is how I started out! It's really good for you and builds your fitness up really well.

Looking forward to seeing your progress

Great news! When is it?

Wed 17th June, so 7 weeks yesterday!! 6 week training plan starts next week, just need to do a couple of runs before that starts to keep me on track. Maybe a 5k next week and then a slightly longer 10k run prob this weekend :)

Hi. Everyone

I'm doing the c25k, currently on week 5 day 3. Is it ok for me to join you all?

I'm training for my first 5k run in June. I am still really overweight but the pounds are going down.

I used to love running a few years ago when I was slim and reached 10k.

My aim is to lose weight and next year do a marathon with some half marathons and 10k runs along the way. (I got the running bug)

Yesssss! The more the merrier! I was beginning to think it was just me and Jen there for a while :)

Like Jennie, the C25K programme was how I started too! how many weeks is it again? you must be around half way now?!

I'm going to be focusing on trying to speed up my times a little bit this summer when I start training for the GNR at the end of June. My aim before that is to get some lbs off to help with my running!! x

Thanks for the warm welcome

im currently on week 5 and tonight I will be running day 3. So I've got 3 weeks left of the 5k training and I've already installed the c210k so that I can continue onwards. Farthest I've run in my life was 2 years ago when I was very slim I ran 10k. So I want to beat that :)

I track my my running on an app called strava and I upload it to running bug.com. What apps or websites do you track your runs with?

Tonights run run will be the longest amount of time running as it's been small chunks so far. Tonight's run is a 20 min run.
Really looking forward to actually doing a block run and improving my fitness. Failing isn't an option lol ha ha ha.

Cant wait ant to just get out there running :)

Jennie and myself both use Strava!

Well I use my garmin watch and then when I upload the data online, I can transfer it over to Strava which I sometimes forget to do...

Strava is by far and away the best app I think! I love it!

Good luck tonight! Just remember to enjoy it, you're choosing to do this so make sure you enjoy the experience. If you find yourself struggling, don't stop - just slow down :) You can def do it! x

My garmin watch is being delivered this week!! :)
I do love strava!! I tried the Nike app the other day but I don't really like it.

Oh really? I've never tried it! I only use the garmin cus it can upload to strava too and you can even automatically sync with mfp and strava - the dream!

How much did you get it for? I REALLY want one but trying to be sensible! x

I got it without the HRM as I don't really like wearing a HRM when running. It was £135 ish off amazon. Although I did see it on Trekkinn for slightly less, but was unsure of the site and postage etc, so stuck with what I know best lol

Excited to use a garmin as never had one, only my cheapy one watch from Aldi.

Just looked on the garmin website and I think your current heart rate monitor strap would work with it. It says ANT + sensors which is what comes with the forerunner 110 that you have I think

Are you out running today?

How good are the garmin watches??

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Went running last night and was supposed to run for 20 minutes after 17 my exercise induced asthma started playing up wicked and then I got a stitch.

So I've had enough of this asthma lark so off to doctors for an inhaler.

I shall repeat that run either today or tomorrow and I shall smash it

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Are you out running today?

How good are the garmin watches??

No running yesterday for me! 30 day shred only in the morning as it was my sister's birthday so had lots of naughty treats last night instead of doing any exercise!!

Not sure if I'll run later but I def want to do 6 miles tomorrow at some stage!

The docs sounds like a good call hun, keep yourself safe and well!

I have the garmin forerunner 110 but it's discontinued now. I got it for a bout £100 I think from memory with a HRM. I love mine and use it all the time but lots of apps do the same. I'd love to update it but can't justify the money!! xx

Back