The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

I sometimes do my kettlebell dvd it's brutal though ha ha or cycle. Can't wait to be fitter though and attend boxercise classes or circuit training. Used to love all that before when I was slim.

Ah ok that's cool I shall stick with the strava app then for now as it does the job.

It's cooler today so ideal weather for me to run, cools me down so I'm not so bright red while I run hahahha

I need to get back to cross training. When I did the HIIT workouts from the body coach I knocked down my times a bit and felt I was a stronger runner. It's just finding the time... excuses I know!!

I hope you don't mind me joining your thread...

I finished the C25K programme a couple of years ago, I kept it going for a while but developed pleurisy (I am also asthmatic). I had to stop running whilst I recovered because I literally could not get my breath but regretfully I didn't get going again. I gained 2st in just over a year and have been contemplating what to do about it.

I have never joined running clubs (too self conscious and too rubbish a runner!) and have always struggled with aches and pains which I am never sure are normal so I could do with some runners' advice on an ad-hoc basis!

So, with great trepidation (and very mild excitement), tonight I am going to restart C25K from the very beginning. I am anxious about the breathing as I have always struggled but would love to build up to a 10k run by the end of this year. I am also preparing to follow the SW diet.

I would really love it if you guys would help out with the occasional (perhaps frequent) silly question......

I hope you don't mind me joining your thread...

I finished the C25K programme a couple of years ago, I kept it going for a while but developed pleurisy (I am also asthmatic). I had to stop running whilst I recovered because I literally could not get my breath but regretfully I didn't get going again. I gained 2st in just over a year and have been contemplating what to do about it.

I have never joined running clubs (too self conscious and too rubbish a runner!) and have always struggled with aches and pains which I am never sure are normal so I could do with some runners' advice on an ad-hoc basis!

So, with great trepidation (and very mild excitement), tonight I am going to restart C25K from the very beginning. I am anxious about the breathing as I have always struggled but would love to build up to a 10k run by the end of this year. I am also preparing to follow the SW diet.

I would really love it if you guys would help out with the occasional (perhaps frequent) silly question......

I think majority of us on this forum all started from couch to 5k. I joined a running club shortly after my first 10k race, and even though I am the slowest. I've learnt a lot. And you should be fine with your breathing, its probably just something you'll focus more on. My friend has asthma at the club and manages it really well.

Thanks Jenniecakes.

I did my first run earlier and it nearly killed me! I had forgotten the need to use my inhaler pre-run so that was a harsh reminder. My breathing did improve the last time I did the plan and today the issue had more to do with the discomfort in my calf muscles.

I will improve a bit first and then think the unthinkable - i.e. to join a club. So many people have said the same thing.

Thanks for your advice.

London marathon 2016 ballot is open for anyone wanting to or thinking about applying

Eeeek! So exciting!!!!

I'm contemplating a 5k local run thing tonight, bit like a park run... Its the 10k on sunday, so I'm a little scared of making my foot/cold worse, but this watch needs testing out!!!

It is very inspiring to read about the runs you have subscribed to. I, on the other hand, having restarted the C25k, have finished Week 1. As I willed the 60 second bouts to finish, it seemed crazy to think that I used to be able to run for 40 minutes non-stop! That said, I have done it before so I know I can do it again.

My real problem is that I have severe discomfort in my calf muscles and my feet almost always start going numb. I have done lots of research and I probably have to just strengthen up the calf muscles but as for the numb feet I have had my gait analysed, bought new trainers, tried running socks, thin socks, no socks (not wise), loosened the laces and made sure my laces run through the loops. Last night I ran with my laces very loose indeed and yet still one of my feet still started going numb. If anyone has experienced this and found a fix for it i would love to know what you did.

Thanks.

Half marathon training started yesterday... with a rest day! Hahah... first activity today with interval training later tonight. Excited!

All my training plans up until now have only been runs with a certain number of miles. On this plan I am running 4 times a week but only 2 are actual mileage runs!!

It's only a 6 week training plan (short... but riding on the back of my recent marathon fitness, I hope!!) but it has;
- 1 x 3 mile run a week;
- 1 x "long" run of varied mileage (7-11 miles) as the weeks increase;
- 1 x session that alternate between hill sprints and a tempo run; and
- 1 x interval session a week

On top of that I have 1 x day of strength training, 1 x rest day and 1 x cross training/rest day where I'll either do spin or chill out depending on how the rest of my training has gone or how I'm feeling.

Anyone ever done anything similar? I am EXCITEDDDD!!! xx

p.s. Maria - that's never happened me before. If it's worrying you, it's def worth getting checked out. Find a really good podiatrist. I have a great one and his help has been so worth the money in my training! A foam roller might help your calves xx

Sounds great!! I'll bear it in mind after my marathon next year. :)

What's the difference between podiatrist and physio?

Thanks for the tips Opal_Lily. I have already booked to see the Physio on Tuesday because I have a knee problem that always flares up when I run so I will mention the feet then.

Argh.
10 miler in Blackpool booked for next Saturday!
Best crack on with that 9 miles tomorrow then!!!

9 miles done on Saturday! Was great in the sunshine. Physio on Thursday

I am reviving this thread! Anyone still about?!

I have been a lazy heifer for the past month but getting back on it tomorrow as my half marathon training starts. The HM is on 19th March and it's a 16 week programme I've drawn up. I'm happy to share it too if anyone else wants to join in ;)

Would love to see it if you're happy to share. I'm restarting running on 14th Dec (currently on a vlcd for two weeks so no running until then...)

Good luck with your half :)

Hiya guys.

I need to get doing a bit more running so thought I would join you. With the wet windy weather I have hardly done any and as we are having building work done on the house I can't get at my treadmill.

I promised myself I would do 3x 1 mile runs this week, just to start building back up and I have only done 1 so far. I will do one in the morning!

Back