The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

I miss running!!! i gave it up at 16 weeks pregnant and did my last 5k without stopping, bet I couldn't even run half a mile now!

My baby boy will be 8 weeks old on Sunday so I'm hoping to get back into some sort of routine soon! I read I couldn't run for 4 months somewhere but I'm hoping that's wrong!?

I'm finally back into my running.......2 5k's managed this week one without stopping. I just need to keep it going now.

park run is great Lucy and mine has at least 3 mums/dads running with buggies would definitely recommend it

Ooh - I'd love to join this thread! I did the C25K last year and finished it at the beginning of October then worked up to 5k. Now I run 5k 3 times a week (one park run) and have just started doing a 'long' run on Sundays.. at the moment my long run is about 4.25 miles but the aim is to extend it by a little each week. I have signed up for my first 10k in May so am working towards completing that in under an hour.

Had to abort my run this morning as the pavements were just too slippery, a broken neck would not aid my weight loss!! Going to try again after work as I think its meant to rain later so even if its cold it shouldn't be icy!!

Was it any better jilvis? I'm running tomorrow morning so I'm hoping it's not too bad
Whoops - sorry I missed this! I found the ice had gone by the time I went out in the evening. Saturday was a bit slippery for park run but not too bad. How was your morning run?

I did 5.5 miles on Sunday and my legs are not very amused with me!!

am super pleased with myself. did my parkrun as usual on Saturday and knocked 11 secs off my pb. so my sub 30min plan is slowly looking likely. I signed up for the brighton 10km 3 weeks ago and have been trying to build up my distance so knowing I was not getting out today post party last night I thought id run an extra couple of km to get my bit in and clocked up another 4km and was only a 5 min walk from home up a hill when I finished. would love to be able to complete the 10k in one go this year....

am super pleased with myself. did my parkrun as usual on Saturday and knocked 11 secs off my pb. so my sub 30min plan is slowly looking likely. I signed up for the brighton 10km 3 weeks ago and have been trying to build up my distance so knowing I was not getting out today post party last night I thought id run an extra couple of km to get my bit in and clocked up another 4km and was only a 5 min walk from home up a hill when I finished. would love to be able to complete the 10k in one go this year....
I'm doing the same as you (except my 10k is in Reading rather than Brighton!) well done for those extra kms and for the PB :D Sounds like you are already almost running the distance already so it won't be long at all until you are doing it all in one hit!

I also got a PB at Parkrun this week and sneaked in under 31 minutes for the first time so I am also chasing the sub-30 5k too. I don't think I will manage it in Feb though, think my goal for Feb is to do at least 2 sub-31 5ks and get to the full 10k distance (did 8.9km on Sunday). I keep having lunatic thoughts about signing up for the Reading half but its the first weekend in April and I know I would have to push myself so hard to manage it, I really ought to wait and do one later this year instead..

7.5km managed from work to the same hill as Saturday, I'm actually enjoying it, will try and build up a little bit more by going the long way up the hill next time.

My hips are not amused by my 10k on Sunday.. I managed a short run this morning but I hope they recover soon (I want to do it again this weekend!) taken some ibuprofen so am hoping that takes the edge off.

New year New Me! I started SW earlier this year and after months of procrastination, I have decided to start the C25K. So my first one will be tomorrow, with my dog for company! I will start a diary to track all my highs and lows... I am pleased minimins is back...its great to keep me focussed!

Gutted. I haven't run in a week now. Got an ankle injury and am resting it up until it stops hurting. Wish I knew what I had done to myself. I feel yucky for not going for my morning runs. Really must make more of an effort to go to the gym and use the weights while I'm healing!!

Still haven't been running!

My knees are just too sore so I'm setting an alarm on my phone to restart my physio exercises and go from there, I have very weak vmo's in both legs (sorry you'd have to google it for the full name!) and ultimately they make my legs very unstable.

I have started walking though so it's a start! Did 2.5 miles last thurs and 3.5 on sun :)

I am lurking! Had my first pt session last thurs which pretty much killed me! After warm up was a 700metre run which sounded fine at the time until he then said he wanted it in 7 mins so a ten min mile and some uphill! I was wrecked, reckon we started at a pace of 9 min mile to slow up on the hills, think I can in at 7.12 but he wanted 30 secs off by this thurs! I want to plot a 700metre run by me, see if I can improve by then!

Back