The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

Well done Amy and welcome to the group. You'll get lots of advice, encouragement and sympathy when it hurts from everyone on here.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you! I need the encouragement to keep going and not give up after a few days like I usually do!

Hmmm that's 5 runs a week. I tend to do more like 3 runs a week as I like to do cross training too. I do pilates every Wednesday, a boxing class on a Mon and then normally a spin class in there somewhere too.

Do just do running for exercise in a normal week? xx

Yes, sadly! I do the odd dvd too...but I'm a single mum with a treadmill! I love classes but can't afford babysitting for them, give it another couple of years and I might.

To be fair I love running but am terribly inconsistent - the example above was from when I'm in training. Then I do run 5 times a week. I've just had most of this year off with a stress fracture so am v slow (gained 2 stone!!!) The combination of weight gain and no running has made my pace a whole 2 min per mile slower, so I'm building up again now.

Anyway, the main point to tapering is the same...about half your normal exercise routine -whatever that may be - the week before so you're bounding with energy on race day

Good luck!

In a normal week I cycle to and from the station 4 days a week (5K) each way. Once a week I try and run home from the station, usually a Tuesday. Then at the weekend I try and get at least 5K in. I also run from my office to the station in an evening which is 1K. I'm starting to try and run that faster each night to build up my speed

With a 4K run this evening that's 53.2K in the month of April

Do you set yourselves target mileage for the month?

It was something some of us did last month, I found it really helped keep me motivated and kept me heading out. For example I really didn't want to run last night but needed to head out to reach my goal of 50K in a month.

I don't intend on upping the goal for the moment although have a 10K in September so will do at some point.

Finally dragged myself out for a run this morning! Was tough after not going for a week, was slow and it started raining so mixed it up a but and ran a fast 2.5k, then some sprints. Then legged it home as I was getting really wet lol. Feel SO much better for having gone out and must keep it up!

So total running for April is 73.9K which I am happy with :) Going to aim for 80K in May!!

Just go Lucy I was dreading it this morning you will feel so much better afterwards! Just aim to run a short distance e.g. a mile and then if you do any more it's a bonus. The hardest part is getting out of the door!

Just realised I forgot to wear my Fitbit for the run, SO annoying! Second time this week I've forgot it, must be losing the plot!

X

Have to get into it after over two weeks off! Race for Life in June, aghhhh!!!

I agree with Clareel, it had been over a week for me too when I went last night and whilst is wasn't my furthest or fastest it was a run and it's got me into the swing of things again.

Where are you doing the race for life? I'm doing the Rochester one in a couple of weeks

4 miles done. Woop

Well done Jennie!

4 miles interval (1 mile warm up; 6 x 3 mins @ 9 min miles/ 2 min jog recovery; 5 min jog cool down) :)

Target for may - 75 miles

I'm thinking of having a little challenge for myself for May.
Trying to think realistically how many miles I could try and push myself to do.
I think 60 miles would be a good first attempt at a running challenge. That would include my 10k as well.
Looking for a running group in the worsley, manchester area as well if anyone knows of one let me know.

Not much in the grand scheme of things, but just finished week 4 day 1 of c25k.. Something I never thought I could do, or enjoy (now I've done it!!!) And thanks to your advice I have ditched the treadmill and run outside :) x

And the May running starts with a 5K. Two weeks till my race for life and doing it in 35mins. Really hoping I can shave a couple of minutes off on the day

Back