The N&B Journals/ Cookbook

I am really bad with diaries, but I have to admit I check minimins every day, so I think keeping a diary on here may be something that I can adhere to.

I have been on and off slim and slave for ages, I started S&S when Rob was still selling the target slim products and breast pills, and its been quite disheartening and at the same time rewarding to see others who started the same time stick and lose the weight. I am happy for everyone, but its sad that I never had the will power before to stick too it.

I have tried Cambridge Diet and Exante, and to be honest I am not a shake or soup person, I lived off the tetra bricks on CD and flopped within a week on Exante- luckily my mum was there to consume the shakes, as I had a month supply.

The reason why I choose VLCD diets, is that I love the quick weight loss and to be honest I am lazy uncreative cook, I was on slimming world and just ate roasted potatoes for pretty much every meal. I also emotionally eat alot, when I get upset I eat, when Im happy I treat myself and when I am bored I EAT.

So a few weeks ago, I started S&S again and started to use MFP, and even though I dont use MFP exactly it has helped me to make more healthier choices about what food options I can eat, and its great to see how everything adds up. Im like that is so not worth eating, when I can eat that and it will fill me up for longer etc.

Another issue that I had or still have, is that I can bored very quickly. I get fed up of shakes, and then eat meals, I get fed up of meals and then I eat bars and so on. This boredom issue that I have is not just with food, its a common issue in my life, and I wanted to challenge myself to stick to something, as if I can then I can apply it to other areas of my life. So I have decided to be more creative and come up with dishes that I can eat with the pack and veg allowance, so far I have made Chicken nuggets with the porridge pack, but I am thinking pancakes as well.

I think that cooking and coming up with new ideas is a great thing, as I know that when I come of the diet. I will be able to cook more healthy food instead of potatoes, and instead of going for the quick snacky option. I will have food that I know can satisfy my cravings and still maintain my weight.

As of today, I have found out that I have lose 8.4 pounds on S&S, and I eat a salad everyday and to be honest I look forward to my salad so much.

Today- I made a Tuna soft cheese mix to go with a salad, so I used a tub of Philadelphia extra light cheese and mixed that in with the tuna and added black pepper and some garlic, I may add more herbs the next time I create this. I also, used the fry light spray- Caesar salad dressing in the tuna mix.

Ok, my exams are over and I am back from my break, I started this morning with some broccoli and chili, and Redbush tea. The latter of which I was not that impressed with, but perhaps I could try it again.

I have been thinking about why I sabotage myself, by I can't stick to something fully and reading everyone's post here, I have realised that unlike certain things S&S does work, and it's one of few things with a guarantee, so why can't I just stick to it and reach my aims.

I think it helps to picture yourself at your goal, but I have never had any idea of what I would look like being slim and healthy, as I have been big for so long. Anyway I want to lose the weight for my bday in October, so I have 5 months and to be honest what is five months.

The plan for dinner tonight chicken with a stir fry, after not cooking that much for 2 weeks, this is just the beginning.

Nasher and Basher said:
Ok, my exams are over and I am back from my break, I started this morning with some broccoli and chili, and Redbush tea. The latter of which I was not that impressed with, but perhaps I could try it again.

I have been thinking about why I sabotage myself, by I can't stick to something fully and reading everyone's post here, I have realised that unlike certain things S&S does work, and it's one of few things with a guarantee, so why can't I just stick to it and reach my aims.

I think it helps to picture yourself at your goal, but I have never had any idea of what I would look like being slim and healthy, as I have been big for so long. Anyway I want to lose the weight for my bday in October, so I have 5 months and to be honest what is five months.

The plan for dinner tonight chicken with a stir fry, after not cooking that much for 2 weeks, this is just the beginning.

Just had a wee read of your diary and you have my sympathy.
I have read so many diaries and some people sabotage themselves left right and centre but the main thing is not to give up and keep going! We are all in the same boat with all sorts of issues..

You have to think in manageable chunks, hours, days then weeks then months. If you look at it, how long till your birthday?
Do it in weekly chunks, then days then hours? Split it in half and plan your next break, it does make it easier.

When I have my moments I try to have good moments, sabotage with a Truffa bar or a pepperami stick or a mini baby bell or some chicken? Some people have coke zero, dr pepper zero, for the sweetness. I haven't found anything for my crisp addiction though!
I have bought cheap chicken drumsticks and will coat them in spices and cook them in a batch for emergency food.
People are making poppadoms and cookies and all sorts with their packs!

Someone also posted an avatar page that you can do a before and after to give you an idea?

I did 6 weeks and took a break, it helped to focus and know it was not forever but the planning helped instead of having haphazard breaks as and when I get bored.
I now know I have 11 weeks to go until my next break which is my fortnight holiday in August.
I am breaking that into daily and weekly chunks, with 1/2 stone and stone markers and also the fun of breaking into the next stone barrier. Also don't forget the bmi measurements have them as goals as well!
Set yourself those targets and see if that helps. Give yourself non food treats for reaching those goals as well.
Someone else made a motivation collage and took a photo of it and put it on their phone as a booster. Fill it with quotes, photos etc so when u r down u remember why u are doing this!

We all can do this, it is just being in the right mindset and staying there for the duration, it's not for ever if you do it right!

Good luck with your battles and I am rooting for you!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Just had a wee read of your diary and you have my sympathy.
I have read so many diaries and some people sabotage themselves left right and centre but the main thing is not to give up and keep going! We are all in the same boat with all sorts of issues..

You have to think in manageable chunks, hours, days then weeks then months. If you look at it, how long till your birthday?
Do it in weekly chunks, then days then hours? Split it in half and plan your next break, it does make it easier.

When I have my moments I try to have good moments, sabotage with a Truffa bar or a pepperami stick or a mini baby bell or some chicken? Some people have coke zero, dr pepper zero, for the sweetness. I haven't found anything for my crisp addiction though!
I have bought cheap chicken drumsticks and will coat them in spices and cook them in a batch for emergency food.
People are making poppadoms and cookies and all sorts with their packs!

Someone also posted an avatar page that you can do a before and after to give you an idea?

I did 6 weeks and took a break, it helped to focus and know it was not forever but the planning helped instead of having haphazard breaks as and when I get bored.
I now know I have 11 weeks to go until my next break which is my fortnight holiday in August.
I am breaking that into daily and weekly chunks, with 1/2 stone and stone markers and also the fun of breaking into the next stone barrier. Also don't forget the bmi measurements have them as goals as well!
Set yourself those targets and see if that helps. Give yourself non food treats for reaching those goals as well.
Someone else made a motivation collage and took a photo of it and put it on their phone as a booster. Fill it with quotes, photos etc so when u r down u remember why u are doing this!

We all can do this, it is just being in the right mindset and staying there for the duration, it's not for ever if you do it right!

Good luck with your battles and I am rooting for you!

Thank you so much.

I think your right in that I have to take it one step at a time and I think I will try to find non food treat rewards.

Ok, Im just trying to get through today and then the next etc. My birthday is in October, and I just want the confidence to enjoy it to be honest.

I think I will a plan a week break for the 25th of June, which is something to look forward to :D

After living my whole life with such bad eating habits, I think the change has to come very slowly.

After reading through the various shirataki threads, I took the plunge and brought some and the smell when I opened it was not as bad as I expected. It was easy to boil, and I then placed it in a chicken and beg stir fry- it looked great, and tasted ok until I ate some of the shirataki noodles and they tasted just like the food but the texture was horrible- it was slimey. So thats a no to using them again.

IMG00209-20120529-1810.jpg

I haven't found anything for my crisp addiction though!

I too love crisps, and use 1 courgette to make Courgette Crisps. Where I basically slice them using my vegetable crisp maker. I then spray some Frylight on some greaseproof paper and place the courgettes separately and then spray frylight oil on them again and then season with salt or what you can do is place the sliced courgettes in a food bag and spray them with frylight oil and shake with season- I use salt mainly, but this time I used mixed herb as well.

As they shrink alot when cooked, just add a bit of salt and place them in the oven at a medium/ow heat, to try them out. I often leave them for 30 mins at a time, and then eat the ones that are crispy and then come back for the others :D

IMG00211-20120530-1339.jpgIMG00210-20120530-1339.jpgIMG00212-20120530-1342.jpgIMG00215-20120530-1407.jpg

That looks like a good idea, do you then count it as part of your 200g veg allowance?

I have not updated my journal in a while, but I think thats more to do with my mixed up routine, but now that I have a job- I think it will make it easier. This week has been quite good, I have not experimented that much with recipes, but I have lots of cauliflower so I will soon have to.

Back