The not so mysterious life of a 20 something girl living at home..

So I survived the Weekend and feel like I was within Syn allowance however not 100% sure, I don't manage to use all 15 allowed most days so it will make itself up in the week if need be.

McDonalds - Typical Yuck ahhhh! Had a cheeseburger happy meal with bbq sauce, Lovely not too much and it totaled 23 syns, I played a game in there of look how many syns my friends (non sw) were having, got a shawn the sheep lunchbox as my reward (well free toy with the happy meal!)

Harvester - I gave into my desire to have the chicken and bacon stack but swapped chips for a jacket potato and had two massive bowls of salad with it and only a little blue cheese sauce much less than I would have normally had..

Sunday was a potential nightmare as I ended up in a posh pub restuarant, Had chicken and removed the skin, gave my yorkshire pud away, enjoyed the roast potatoes though which was potentially quite high synned as they were roasted in duck fat (yep that kind of posh) and had a small amount of cauliflower cheese

So I survived and it's 100% though till Thursday now, Proud of the choices I made which saved me lots of syns.

Tonight I made a beany chilli with Kidney Beans, Chickpeas and butter beans, Went down well with the whole family, I'm enjoying getting into the kitchen however havn't been very adventurous with what i've cooked yet.

I've also set up a Twitter for another way of recording my journey and posting foodie Pictures, My SW is a secret I'm not telling anyone other than my immediate family, best friend and auntie and uncle who also do SW, I wan't my compliments to be genuine rather than people feeling they have to say you look good etc and I don't want to contend with all the additional 'advice' that people try to give!

Congratulations on such a great loss! That's awesome! All the food from your weekend away sounds really yummy, and well done on swapping the things you'd normally have. Eating out is my biggest indulgence and you did really well to control that! :)

It sounds like you've done really well over the weekend in what could have been difficult situations.

Here to sub........ well done on your weightloss so far thats fab. I have recently set up an in sta gram specifically for my SW journey to record my goings on but like you i didn't want it to be my regular account because, even though are aware i'm doing SW, i don't want them to feel bombarded with photos of my dinners lol x

Thanks everyone..

Got told today by my friend that does know that Potato skin is unhealthy - Taking my Slimming World book with me next week to show them the plan that i'm on! My friends a size 6 so deffo doesn't need sw but maybe a new view on healthy eating, she's one of those lucky ones who just stays skinny - no fair!

Feeling pretty poorly today, it's only a cold but making me feel rough luckily at the moment i'm in a place in my life where I can say Stop the world I want to get off, so it will be a quiet next couple of days trying to get myself feeling up to scratch again. Been feeling a little off and anxious around food this week but now i'm not well I think that it was the build-up of just generally not feeling right.

Today I had Chilli and Rice for Lunch and Spag Bol for dinner (not sure on which mince was used so synning it to be safe). For a snack I had a Hi-Fi Bar really love the Rhubarb and Custard ones Yum. No A choice today as need to go to the shops to get more of the Milk.

Tomorrow It's a day for finding more yummy recipes in my Magazines, I've got loads as I did SW previously and then fell with a large bump off the wagon when I was close to target as I was feeling happy with myself now I'm disgusted by what I have became, I know size isn't anything but to me at the moment it feels like a lot, struggling with my depression also at the moment and crying myself to sleep most nights but working really hard on not comfort eating/binging as I need to end the cycle.

Lost 1lb last night - really pleased with that as i've been ill so not exercised this week, I also had 3 meals out in which I made sensible choices but didn't feel like I had enough Speed Food this week and last week I lost 6.5lbs so I was petrified that some of it was water loss or something and I was going to gain most of it back this week!

However, when I got back I ate my weight in food starting of with a massive SW friendly cooked breakfast and then things just went so bad I even had a peanut butter and ham sandwich (yes together) but putting that behind me now and aiming for a 100% week!

Making Chicken Curry for dinner tonight, Thinking of having a breakfast brunch today, Oh SW Breakfasts you go down so well, Got some Tesco Light Choices Sausages at 1syn each and there gorgeous, makes a welcome change from Linda Mccartney Veggie Sausages (the red onion ones cus there free), saying that got about 4 packets of LMca sausages in the freezer so they will need using up but not hard in a household of 4adults and a 5th (my veggie brother) who occassionally turns up from Uni.

Can't say I know as I'm full of cold and couldn't taste it properly, I'm guessing not one to do again!

Todays meals, a full cooked breakfast and diet coke chicken.

image.jpg image.jpg Yummy, 2 Syns for the breakfast, Tesco light choice sausages and zero for he diet coke chicken, still have my healthy extras available for supper.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    540.2 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 44
Making Chicken Curry for dinner tonight, Thinking of having a breakfast brunch today, Oh SW Breakfasts you go down so well, Got some Tesco Light Choices Sausages at 1syn each and there gorgeous, makes a welcome change from Linda Mccartney Veggie Sausages (the red onion ones cus there free), saying that got about 4 packets of LMca sausages in the freezer so they will need using up but not hard in a household of 4adults and a 5th (my veggie brother) who occassionally turns up from Uni.

I love those sausages, but I do have trouble getting them. My Tesco always run out, and the Tesco where I am at the moment don`t keep them,

Your breakfast looks yummy.

That sucks Doreen! Slimming World friendly but tasty sausages should be available everywhere
Zafira - seems it's not only me who has odd combinations with peanut butter..

Had to come upstairs as if I stayed near the kitchen I would ate and I'm not hungry as I've ate plenty today but my body feels otherwise..

Healthy Extras used this evening, a glass of chocolate milk and a lemon alpen light bar :)

Hello acc, I'm not sure what here to sub means I'm guessing spy!! Lol Another Fab day on plan today, cooked breakfast and spag Bol for dinner, made it with heart pasta that I found in Lidl to make it a special valentines meal for my parents, I cooked Garlic bread but didn't have any myself. :) Yummy, Healthy Extras and 13 syns available for the evening, not sure what I will have yet probably won't use the syns unless I really want something as if I start on naughty foods I won't stop, feel better about myself on days I have less syns too, it leaves me more for later in the week, I don't like carrying syns over till the next day but having some in the pot means if I go over I'm not sabotaging my weight loss prospects.

Went on my wii last night, was doing Zumba, week before last I did my silver award but then did no exercse the week after as wasn't feeling amazing, Aiming for silver body magic to be my norm, I've got myself little footprint stickers to award myself for every time I achieve it.

Attachments

• image-1233175938.jpg
    image-1233175938.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Back