The odd bit of protein????

tasha37

Is it only me, or do other people occasionally divulge in the odd piece of protein, i.e, chicken, ham, bacon, or eggs when on TS?

Some days are easier than others, but if I really have to eat something this is what I give in to - is this bad?:confused:

It's your choice. Personally I always make sure I have some high protein things in the fridge, so that if I decide I really want something that much, then at least I have something that will let me stay in ketosis & continue losing the weight. I guess it depends if you're someone that can draw the line and just have a bit of protein, or if it would turn into a bacon sandwich etc... and grow! I guess try it and see what works for you :)

Thank you hun, I can stick to protein, which is a good thing, it just helps me when my blood sugar drops and I feel the need to eat something. I will try and stick to the three products, but it is good to know that I can eat some protein if I really need to - Thanks again Tasha x

Snap I always have a protein 'security blanket' in the fridge. If I need it its there and its enough, better that than starting to hit the cupboards

Cybill - you and I on the same wavelength :eek: Whod have thought it :giggle:

Its a fab idea to always have something in like that. For me personally tho if I keep stuff in the fridge in case of emergency I tend to have it regardless. I convince myself I need it and the purpose is defeated. I now buy mini frozen chicken fillets. I can't just snack on them out of boredom or habit or just because my eye meets them every time i open the fridge but if I really need them I can cook some. most of the time the thought of cooking then puts me off lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Starlight, good to know it is only just me that snacks on protein when the need arises!! Tasha x

Meant to say not only just me!!:eek:

babystar31 said:
Its a fab idea to always have something in like that. For me personally tho if I keep stuff in the fridge in case of emergency I tend to have it regardless. I convince myself I need it and the purpose is defeated. I now buy mini frozen chicken fillets. I can't just snack on them out of boredom or habit or just because my eye meets them every time i open the fridge but if I really need them I can cook some. most of the time the thought of cooking then puts me off lol x

Snap lol xx

Me too. I always have ham in the fridge for the kids lunch sandwiches, and I sometimes have a wee bit. I also some times have omelette after a hard shift, with or without some salad.

At the end of the day, it's not the end of the world.

Sometimes it's just what you need at the time. It's much easier to stick to this WOE when you know that it's not a disaster if you do eat something. Better a nibble of low carb stuff like ham or egg than to blow out completely. Although blowing out completely is also not the end of the world. It's just a delay really.

If it works for you, bonus!

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately that would not work for me, if I knew it was there and I could snack on it immediately, I would be less tempted to over indulge, but if I had to defrost it and then cook it, I would probably then look for another quick fix - which could be lethal, especially when my seven year old little girl loves "cold" chocolate so there is always some in the fridge!! Tasha x

Thanks Chunky madwife, a woman after my own heart, it works for me and I am not eating any carbs, time will tell!! Tasha x

Aw yeah totally tasha. Think it's just one of those things, whatever works for you and will keep u on the straight and narrow...go for it. Xx

Thanks babystar, really going to try and stick to just three products tomorrow!! Tasha x

Back