THE ORGINAL YOYOER

i'lldoit

Banned
Hello
Well for 18 years I am only 36 I have yoyoed so many times I know Diets like no-ones business :eek: .......
I have done
Rosemary Conolyx2 times
Weight watchers x6+ times
Slimming pills
Reductal from Doctor
Atkins
Slimming worldx3times
Slimfast
Banana Diet
Cambridge Diet
In 18 years I must of lost 20 stone in chuncks of 3-4 stone and Im STILL 4 stone over weight????
I have to get to goal and stay there.have to admit emotional food problems are my downfall and thats where my problem lies!
So Im CDing and Im doing it by cutting cr*p out 1st then SS
I want to have a slim happy life.
Thanks for reading Hope your well
SUPPORT NEEDED :eek:

Good luck with it, I think many of us on here are yo yo dieters and I think the key to success is pure bloody mindedness and your head being in the right place.

We are all here to support you.

Ah Thanks flopster know what you mean my head is god knows where?I had PND last year and I came off tablets too soon I think ,so I think thats where it didnt help.
How are you doing?What plan are you doing?
xx

Hi there,
Your life sounds so much like mine(did you do the cabbage diet!!!!!!!!)
I do not like to think of how much weight I must have lost and put on again through my life.I started CD 10st over weight and so far lost 3/4 of that.If I can do it I know you can.
You have started by cutting out the c**p,When will you start SSing?
Everyone on here will give you lots of help and support.
Hope to hear lots more from you.
Keep positive you can do it.
Love Libbie x

Hi Libbie
Thanks for the lovely welcome i will be SS from next Tuesday :eek: lol.....You are a star your doing fantastic I bet you look so differant!I just find Im ok SSing for 2 days then feel deprived as I have a very slim patner who eats rubbish and 3 kids that seem to talk about food all day long HA!They dont but you know what its like.
Have you done CD SS without a break?If you had a break how did you get back on TRACK?
Thanks for your reply it will be good to have you to look on as a inspiration!
xx

Hi there,
Your life sounds so much like mine(did you do the cabbage diet!!!!!!!!)
I do not like to think of how much weight I must have lost and put on again through my life.I started CD 10st over weight and so far lost 3/4 of that.If I can do it I know you can.
You have started by cutting out the c**p,When will you start SSing?
Everyone on here will give you lots of help and support.
Hope to hear lots more from you.
Keep positive you can do it.
Love Libbie x

Ah Thanks flopster know what you mean my head is god knows where?I had PND last year and I came off tablets too soon I think ,so I think thats where it didnt help.
How are you doing?What plan are you doing?
xx

I am doing LL and whilst it is very much more expensive and very limited in the choices of flavours compared to Cambridge, I personally have got a lot out of the counselling.

I had about 4 1/2 stone to loose and have lost 2 1/2 with 28 days left of the initial 100 day foundation stage. I am hoping to lose another stone by the end of the 100 days and think I will probably go straight into Management and then try to slowly loose the last stone via healthy eating and exercise. That is the plan at the moment.

Hi Flopster
Well done you :)
I wanted to do the LL programme but I couldnt afford it :( I would like the counselling as my niece did LL and lost 5 stone in 3 months (100days) of LL prog''.
Your nearly there well done
xx

Hi i'lldoit!

Well done on losing so much weight over the years! I can sympathise with you as for the past 10 years (Im 26) I have yoyoed with my weight - but I am heavier now than I ever was! I have been successful in the past, but always found an excuse to stop doing it..

I think its a lifetime commitment :(

My other half eats loads, but I have convinced him to do ss too! So he cant tempt me with all that yummy food he eats..

I have only been doing SS for 2 days (well, I started on Sat and then ate on Sun, Mon & Tues!) but I am back on track.. it just takes commitment and determination.. You CAN do it!!

Jo x

Hi there,

Yep can identify with that honey. I found LL last year and have never looked back!! Got to my goal weight on 1 May this year with a 6.5stone loss. I'm 10lbs over at the moment but on track to getting it back off!!

I will always have food issues and like they say to alcoholics, just take one day at a time!

The easiest way to do a VLCD is not not cheat full stop! This will make it a very easy and pleasurable ride for you. If you do cheat then it's gonna be a horrendous journey - you only need to read some other posts on here to get evidence of that!

I found losing the weight a doddle but keeping it off is another matter entirely!!!! Food is my enemy!

Good luck, you can get to your goal weight in no time on CD!

Hi thanks both of you for the welcome..I want to do LL but cant afford it £66 a week is alot and I dont eat that much in food a week,having 3 children to feed too.
I know ig i could get past days 3-4 id be ok.
well done both of you
xx

Squashedfrog ?

Hi Squashedfrog
Thanks but i feel i live in fatland at the moment!:eek:
Love your user name :D
Yes I dont know how £66.00 per week can be justified for LL,if it was still £42.00 I would go like a shot I know they up''ed the sachets to 4 per day but that cant warrant that increase I think loads of people went over to Cambridge when LL did that,I wish Cambridge would introduce a group session theres only one counsellor where I live,How are you doing and are you doing CD ?
xx

cd is much cheaper, I cant believe LL cost so much!

on a seperate note, I just wanted to say 'hehe' to your location.. made me chuckle :D:D:D

Jo x

Hi Libbie
Im fine thanks cut right down yesterday,Im very down about my weight my partner said hed give me the £66.oo per week for lighterlife if thats what I want....ah I said no its too expensive But Im going to stick with Cd stage 1000 so I hope it works?How are you today I hope yu are well?
XX

Morning Babe
Just off to work but wanted to catch up on how you are doing this morning.
Hope you have a good day
Love Libbie x

me fine very positive today think the sun helps.
Keep with it babe you are doing so well and you can do it
Sending you lots of positive vibes
Catch up later as must go or will be late for work
love libbie x

Thanks Libbie have a great day :D x

me fine very positive today think the sun helps.
Keep with it babe you are doing so well and you can do it
Sending you lots of positive vibes
Catch up later as must go or will be late for work
love libbie x

Hi Squashedfrog
Thanks but i feel i live in fatland at the moment!:eek:
Love your user name :D
Yes I dont know how £66.00 per week can be justified for LL,if it was still £42.00 I would go like a shot I know they up''ed the sachets to 4 per day but that cant warrant that increase I think loads of people went over to Cambridge when LL did that,I wish Cambridge would introduce a group session theres only one counsellor where I live,How are you doing and are you doing CD ?
xx

Let me have a go a go at explaining what some of the additional money goes on.

The £66 is not just for the food sachets, apart from that it includes the counselling (which although not for everyone, I have found in valuable for the first 100 days), pedometer, exercise ball, 3 dvd's, resistence band and at least 1 years free support after you have lost your weight so that you keep it off. After you have reached goal you can go in and get weighed every week if you want to and sit in on the maintainence counselling all for nothing :D

So yes on the face of it at double the price of CD LL is extortionate but you get so much more included in that money because it is an investment in keeping the weight off long term.

Now before I get flamed I know LL isn't for everyone but for people like me that have worked hard to get the most from the programme it has been worth every penny. It has free follow ups for the time when I think I will have most trouble which is very attractive and increases my chances of keeping my weight off because putting the weight back on is my worst fear. Given the stories I read on this forum I don't think I could ss as successfully the second time around and I want to take precautions to decrease the risk. :(

If you aren't suited to LL or going to take full advantage of the whole approach of LL then it is extortionate and you'd be better off doing CD, but if you are/will then LL will serve you well. :)

There are people in my LL group that haven't got the benefits I have from it because the group counselling isn't for them or they don't do the exercise or homework and I have told them about CD and they have swapped.

Me? I'm having a wobble because I haven't found the counselling in the delevopment stage at all challenging compared to the foundation stage. It is a case of new flavours and cheaper price VS 1 years free follow up and counselling whilst food is being reintroduced :confused:

Hi Thanks Mandy
Im still CDing 1000 at the mo but Im going to try LL! I need the counselling and people on here have said what LL involves more of so I know what to expect.
Thanks for your message and support
xx:)

Back