The perils of weighing every day

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Cerulean, 15 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    My name is Sarah and I get on the scales every day.

You may know that I was sliiiiightly disappointed with my official weigh-in this week as there was a 5lb difference between my morning weight any my official weight. I hadn't thought it was odd that I had suddenly dropped 3lbs in one day at the weekend.

All this week my home scales haven't really budged, a bit up, a bit down...all over the place. It's the week of the month that I would expect that so I wrote it down to my ovaries. Except this morning I got on the scales and they went down to 185lbs. There is no way in betsy that I am 185lbs. I know what 185 feels like and it ain't this (I'd be a 14 for starters) and there's no way I've gone from 201lbs to 185 in a week. Not even on Cambridge. So I moved the scales slightly and they went back to 198.6 - which is more than I think I weigh - maybe I need new batteries! (The scales - not me - I feel perfectly bouncy)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    :8855:

Oh, but how nice - even for a moment - to dream that you might have lost so much weight in a day! ;)

Deffo time for new batteries, though. Who knows, maybe you do weigh a bit less than you think? :D :D

4. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Ha - turns out I had spare mini batteries for such an emergency. I put them in, re callibrated the scales and...TWO POUNDS ON! (Oh hang on - had had a litre of water and breakfast. Duh. Okay...once a compulsive weigher, always a compulsive weigher.

I preferred my magic 10lbs overnight weightloss batteries...I should sell them on ebay!

I might even resort to the Wii Fit for external validation!

5. flab fighter

flab fighter The fat is melting away!

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(16.07%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Take your midweek weighing with a pinch of salt. I weigh but don't really take it seriously. I weighed once had a wee weighed again and was a pound heavier. I only trust the CDC scales they cost far more than my bathroom scales. :D

6. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Jayne - yeah I totally do - always have - I'm the one on here week in week out telling people not to worry when they STS - but the only way I can keep doing SS day in day out is by looking forward to my morning weigh-in. It's of of the games I play with myself to stop myself eating in the evenings. I was just annoyed that my data will be out for the last week because of the 'magic' batteries!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.