The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

Okie dokies, forget how 'bad' you've been & pretend you've had a perfect week so far, try to change your mindset from 'not doing SW' to having a good day.

You can do this, you'll be fed up at next WI if you don't pull it back now xx

:( came to see how you are and see you're struggling again. I agree with Happy Holidays, try and pretend that it hasn't happened, it's always been the only way forward for me. Feel so crap for you cos it's so awful to feel like you have no control :( xx

I am thinking of joining a new Slimming World group. Starting up again as a brand new member with a completely fresh start.

I am really REALLY struggling at the moment – I have been since May, as you all know. I had one good week two weeks ago and lost 5lb, but since my birthday I have really struggled to get back on plan again.

My holiday is 8 weeks away today, but even that doesn’t seem to be enough to keep me motivated / interested. Even though I desperately don’t want to look / feel like this when we go away, I just can’t seem to get (or keep) my head in the game at all.

My starting weight was 14st 10.5lb and at my very lowest I reached 10st 10lb. This morning, on my home scales, I was 12st 5lb. That means that out of the 4st that I had lost, I’ve regained 1st 8.5lb back – I can’t afford to gain any more, otherwise I’ll be back to square one before I know it.

I’d feel really disloyal to my group and consultant for leaving when they have gotten me this far, but other than this I am really running out of ideas.

I know I'll lose my history if I rejoin a new group, but am thinking that maybe that is what I need? A total fresh start and new goals to aim for.

Thoughts please...?

Mmmm it's an interesting one. I wouldn't like to lose my weight history however I can see what you mean about a totally new start. With new ideas, what about ringing the new c up before hand explaining your situation and say to her treat me like a new member,, don't read my weight loss out?
But actually I think that might still make you feel the same way,
I think a fresh new start might do you good in a new class with no preconceptions of what or how have done. I changed class in sept 2013 when I was struggling ( big my choice my class shut down) and ok I have only lost a stone since then but I lost it rather than gained it. I dint wipe my history and it worked being somewhere fresh to keep going.
It's an idea you can only try it and see

Morning lovely . I tried to copy paste my reply to you on IG on here incase you missed it, but it won't let me lol. I'm really sorry you've been feeling this way for a while hun. I really feel positive about you starting a new group, I think a clean break is just what you need . I joined a new group this week because my old one closed down. They were all very friendly and supportive and it really helped boost my moral . I think any group would be lucky to have you Stevie, your always so caring and supportive towards others. I'm feeling really positive about this for you . Hope you have a fab week ahead .

Kay xx

Yeah it could help, I moved class and found the best consultant I cod ask for! Would you look at doing a different diet or maybe exercising? You may not see the pounds go down but it will defiantly de-bloat you and when I know I'm going the gym I don't eat as much because I don't want the hard work going to waste! It so releases hormones that make you feel good xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I quite like the idea of starting again. It might give you renewed determination to earn your certificates again. Sometimes I think the danger of the big certificates can be you look at how much you've lost and not where you want to go. I know if made me complacent because I'd always think 'I'm doing well, I've already lost 3 stone' instead of 'right, I've got another 1.5 stone to lose'.

You will still know what your total loss is at the end of your journey. You won't need a certificate to make you feel amazingly proud of yourself :)

I really feel for you.....I admire your honesty though, I usually disappear from the forum when things aren't going right for me! At least you are here fighting it!

I think you have to do whatever is right for you, if you feel that joining another group as a fresh new starter will work, then do it. But don't forget, this is a head thing and as easy as things 'fall out of place', sometimes they just click back into place too. I am always amazed that one minute (literally) I feel like I have so much control and feel like its so easy and then in a flick of switch, I am raiding the crisps for no apparent reason!
Afraid to say, this is how losing weight for most people is...no one said it was easy!! Even when you/we reach goal, it will probably be like this sadly, its an ongoing (lifelong for most) battle but what you have to remember, is that you are not giving in, you are putting up a great fight! Stop putting so much pressure on yourself...you are NORMAL...this is how it goes. I think people that sail through their journey are few and far between

You are still winning! You have still lost weight.Its when you don't come here, when you just continue to indulge, when you don't care anymore, when you stop going to class.... that's when you can say you have thrown in the towel and given up and I don't think you are anywhere near that stage yet.

C'mon give yourself a break girl.....look at where you have come from, and don't focus too far on the bit in between (now) and keep in mind where you are going without too much pressure.

Good Luck

I really feel for you.....I admire your honesty though, I usually disappear from the forum when things aren't going right for me! At least you are here fighting it! I think you have to do whatever is right for you, if you feel that joining another group as a fresh new starter will work, then do it. But don't forget, this is a head thing and as easy as things 'fall out of place', sometimes they just click back into place too. I am always amazed that one minute (literally) I feel like I have so much control and feel like its so easy and then in a flick of switch, I am raiding the crisps for no apparent reason! Afraid to say, this is how losing weight for most people is...no one said it was easy!! Even when you/we reach goal, it will probably be like this sadly, its an ongoing (lifelong for most) battle but what you have to remember, is that you are not giving in, you are putting up a great fight! Stop putting so much pressure on yourself...you are NORMAL...this is how it goes. I think people that sail through their journey are few and far between You are still winning! You have still lost weight.Its when you don't come here, when you just continue to indulge, when you don't care anymore, when you stop going to class.... that's when you can say you have thrown in the towel and given up and I don't think you are anywhere near that stage yet. C'mon give yourself a break girl.....look at where you have come from, and don't focus too far on the bit in between (now) and keep in mind where you are going without too much pressure. Good Luck
Lentil that is such a lovely post and I am sure it will mean a lot to Stevie it touched me and it wasn't meant fir me!

Thank you all for the lovely, supportive posts. I had a few tears reading them. But I knew I was in the right place, as you guys are always so caring and full of great advice.

I have made my mind up and have decided that I will bite the bullet and join a new group on Monday. The thought of leaving my current group is scary, as I'll have been there for 3 years (my entire journey) in September. But I'm also excited too. It will mean new day, new time, new venue, new consultant and new members. I have also decided that I actually really want to rejoin as a brand spanking new member, so that will also mean I have a new starting weight and new goals to aim for. I feel like, at the moment, that is half of my problem. I'm not aiming for anything new. I'm aiming to get back to where I was (10st 10lb), which is quite depressing actually. Looking back on where I had gotten to and feeling as though it is a lifetime away. At least if I start as a new member I will start with fresh aims and will once again look forward to working towards each half stone award, something which I have not attained for quite some time now - I hit my 4st award and stayed there for one week. Since then it all went downhill!

I do not want to try another diet, as some people have suggested. I know a lot of people have switched over to WW recently, but it just doesn't do anything for me at all. The beauty of SW is that you don't have to count anything - I don't want to be following a plan where I'm having to count points each day. I know WW has become a bit more relaxed / similar to SW lately, but I just don't fancy it at all. I've done it in the past and did lost 1.5st, but then I became bored and put it all back on again. I have never EVER lost 4st, and I did that with SW. That is how I know this works for me, I just need some fresh motivation

I have loved my group and consultant over the last few years, but I just feel like I need a change now. I also feel like going to a group where I don't know the consultant / members will be good for me, as there'll be no expectations of me. Sometimes at group people having referred to me as "knowing everything about Slimming World", or asking "how much have you lost this week then?". And, although I know they mean it in such a lovely way, I feel like it puts the pressure on me. Because they kind of expect me to have lost each week, and the fact that I have lost up to 7lb in a week, it makes me feel like a failure when I do not lose. I feel embarrassed when they ask how much I have lost, and I have to tell them that actually I've gained. It shouldn't be like that. I mean no disrespect to them in any way whatsoever, because they are all absolutely fantastic people and have inspired and motivated me so much along the way. But sometimes it can become a bit much. I want to focus on doing this for me.

As it's a brand new spanking fresh start, I am also thinking I need a brand new diary to go with it. So that I can leave all of this in the past and draw the final line. What do you think? I hope you'd pop along, if I did start a new thread, and keep supporting me. As you guys really are invaluable xx

Lentil that is such a lovely post and I am sure it will mean a lot to Stevie it touched me and it wasn't meant fir me!

I agree with Jen, such a heartwarming post :) lentil2 your lovely :p xx

Stevie, sorry you've been struggling so much. I think the new start will give you fresh motivation and determination! I've recently joined a new group too, but really only pay/weigh cos the time doesn't suit at all (old group closed). I've had a rubbish few weeks, and am now 12.5 lbs heavier than my lowest weight back in April.

So today was my fresh start, after w/i last night. I'd love to have those 12 lbs off by end of Aug.

We'll get there xx

I agree with Jen, such a heartwarming post :) lentil2 your lovely :p xx

Awww thanks! ;)

I think I can relate so much to what Stevie is going through...well I guess we all can really!
I'm in my 40's now but I am still going through the same struggles as I was in my 20's! It really doesn't get any easier sadly x

Stevie - i switched classes due to a 'bad spell' and it was the best thing i did. 3 weeks and i have even been to alton towers (four days totally off plan) and i am 8.5lbs down....

My advice is to throw/recycle all your old certificates/books and everything.

No going or looking back.

Wipe your stats on here too - its a new start totally! Heck i even changed my user id on here haha! Xx

Stevie - i switched classes due to a 'bad spell' and it was the best thing i did. 3 weeks and i have even been to alton towers (four days totally off plan) and i am 8.5lbs down....

My advice is to throw/recycle all your old certificates/books and everything.

No going or looking back.

Wipe your stats on here too - its a new start totally! Heck i even changed my user id on here haha! Xx

Thanks Elle. It's good hearing that it's really helped other people by doing the same!

I have to admit in actually really looking forward to joining a new group on Monday. I have no idea what the scales will say by then, and I'm dreading that bit. But excited to make a fresh start and finally get back on track!

Have also reset my stats / signature on here and created a new diary. Determined to forget the past and draw a big line. Treating this as if I'm a total newbie xxx

Back