The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

That is why I don't want to get too fixated on the red days, although I love them and feel fuller on them, I don't want my body having a panic every time I eat carbs! I love potatoes and pasta too much to be worried about eating it. I'm not gonna tell you off for peeping at the scales, cos I do it too lol happy Friday! Xx

Well today's food has changed, were off to Nando's for tea instead. Yay! :) Well there's not much difference Syns-wise from the fajitas anyway and I can't be bothered to cook. Had a bit of an emotional day visiting my grandad and what not. So feel like I need to let my hair down a little. Will update my diary now x

I hope you had a lovely evening, how is your grandad? x

Terrible! It is heartbreaking to see :(

Last night helped to take my mind off things though, we had a lovely time.

I am determined not to let this throw me off plan x

Awww that's a shame, is he ok in himself or not x

No, he's really angry about it and is so unwell. He can't even get out of bed on his own. He is in a home now - not sure if I mentioned that - but there is yet to be a meeting to review his case and see if he meets the 'criteria'. We are hoping and praying that he does because there's just no way he could go back home. The caretaker came yesterday to put him a better mattress on his bed (he's broken out into a sore and is finding it really uncomfortable), and it took my mam and me ages to get him up out of the bed and into the chair next to it.

I don't think he liked me being there either, seeing him like that. After a while he told my mam to go and take me for a walk around. I don't think he likes his grandchildren seeing him like that. Even though it will never ever make me think any less of him no matter what state he is in. He is still my lovely granda x

Sorry to hear about your grandad Hun, old age is so cruel xx

It sure is hun! It makes me never want to get old. The thing is he's only 75, so not really 'that' old. On the other hand though, my Nanna (on the other side of the family) will e 81 this year and you should see her go! She has had both of her knees replaced and you would never think so. She has a better social life than I do! She's always off galavanting at different clubs and trips etc. I hope I am able to do even half of the things she does when I get to that age x

Red

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Brunch:
- Passionfruit Danio (1.5 Syns)
- 2 x Rocky Road HiFi Light (HExB)

Dinner:
- EL Beef and Red Onion (S) Burgers stuffed with BabyBel Lights (HExA) and served in a WW Wholemeal Pitta (HExB) with Mixed Leaves (S), Tomato (S) and Jalapeños (S)
- Orange (S), 2 small Kiwi Fruit (S) and Passionfruit (S)

Other:
- Special K Dark Chocolate Chewy Delight (4.5 Syns)
- Walkers Melted Cheese and Crispy Bacons Pops (5 Syns)
- 8 x Cadbury Mini Eggs (6 Syns)
- Weight Watchers Carrot Cake (4 Syns)
- 2 x Creme Egg Biscuits (8 Syns)

Healthy Extra A: 3 x BabyBel Light
Healthy Extra B: 2 x HiFi Light & 1 x Weight Watchers Wholemeal Pitta

Daily Syns: 29
Weekly Syns: 58 / 105

Last edited:
Hey Stevie,

I know you're not, biut I really do hope you're OK. I can kind've relate to how your feeling so I feel your pain. I hope your Grandad improves, just stay strong for him.

Food todays sounds delish, keep it up :) Thinking of you xxx

:( bless him, men are so proud aswell arnt they! They don't like people having to do things for them. I hope he gets to stay in the home Hun, it's so hard looking after someone at home. My great gran had a bad stroke and my mam and aunties, my nana and her brothers and sisters all cared for her at home and they said it was so hard. I was just a kid then but I remember them all doing 'shifts' looking after her and your life isn't your own. Bound to cause a lot of strain. Hope you're ok x

Sunday food!

Green

Brunch:
- Honey Danio (1.5 Syns)
- 2 x Satsuma (S)
- Banana

Dinner:
- Quorn Low Fat Sausages (S), Sweet Potato Skins stuffed with Cheese (HExA) and Jalapeños (S), Roasted Vegetables (Peppers (S), Mushrooms (S) and Red Onion (S)) and Baked Beans (SS)

Other:
- 4 x Cadbury Mini Eggs (3 Syns)
- Aldi Snackrite Tangy Sweet Chilli Delight Bites (6 Syns)
- 2 Chocolate Flying Saucer Sponges (2 Syns) topped with a tsp. Choc Shot (0.5 Syns)
- Mint Crunch HiFi (HExB)

Healthy Extra A: 40g Low Low Grated
Healthy Extra B: 2 x HiFi Light & 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 13
Weekly Syns: 71 / 105

Last edited:
Hope you're feeling a bit better now Stevie, sorry to hear about your granddad and congrats on staying in the zone xx

Morning guys! I'm fine don't worry, just had a lie in this morning so not been up long.

Not seen my Grandad since Saturday but my Aunty Linda went to see him over the weekend and said he actually looked a lot better! His arms had gone down a bit - he has an infection and has filled up with water. But the new tablets seem to be doing the trick in getting rid of some of the water! And he sounded like he had a bit more craic with them than he did when we were there. Don't get me wrong, he will never be 'better' but at least he might be a bit more comfortable.

Anyway, quick foodie post for today. Just having a lazy one with Warren, were going to watch 12 Years a Slave. Got lots of munchies for breakfast / lunch and will then have something nice for tea tonight, not sure what yet.

Slightly worried about weigh in tomorrow. Not sure why - I have done nothing to warrant a gain and have been totally on plan again, but that unexpected gain the other week has got me frightened. I 'feel' fat this week. I know that sounds silly, but I really don't feel like I've changed any from last week. Didn't help that I had a sneaky peek on my home scales and they are only showing a maintain, half a lb loss at the most. I need to keep off them but it's so hard!

Anyway, enough of me rambling on. Have a good day everyone x

Red

Brunch:
- Mango Danio (1.5 Syns)

Dinner:
- Flattened Chicken Breast (S) topped with Tomato Puree (S), Peppers (S), Mushrooms (S), Red Onion (S), Jalapeños (S) and Cheese (HExA). Served with Carrot "Chips" (S) and Mixed Leaves (S) with Balsamic Vinegar

Other:
- Chocolate Orange HiFi (HExB)
- 3 x Chocolate Flying Saucer Sponges (3 Syns) topped with 1 x tsp Choc Shot (0.5 Syns)

Healthy Extra A: 40g Low Low Grated
Healthy Extra B: 2 x HiFi Light & 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 5
Weekly Syns: 76 / 105

Last edited:
Hi Stevie,

Doesn't sound silly at all, think everyone has "fat days", you never know, tomorrow you could wake up feeling skinny, sure you have lost something for being so on track, even if only a little, the scales might even surprise you, last Thursday my scales wouldn't budge at all, but it seemed to woosh off overnight and by Friday I was down 4lbs, there's no logic to it, but don't stress! :)
X

Back