The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

Love the 2nd & 4th outfits! You're a babe :) it's my birthday on Tuesday! Yay us!

Aww, thanks sweetie!! Hope you have a fantastic Birthday!! :D x

Morning diary. It's Friday, the sun is in the sky and it's almost my birthday! Today is a good day :)

Had another great on-plan day yesterday. Had a fab NSV too! I'd planned to go round to Katie's straight from work as she wanted me to go and collect my Birthday card & pressies - I won't see her on my Birthday. Anyway, she'd text yesterday morning telling me not to have any tea, as she was going to do a little tea party for us! You know the usual stuff, sausage rolls, chicken nuggets, potato wedges, pizza, cakes, etc. As ungrateful as it probably made me seem, I told her "thanks, but no thanks" as I knew there wouldn't be a great deal I could have, especially with me trying to save my Syns for the weekend. Disaster averted. Anyway, when I got there she was making tea for her and Sean - Birds Eye crispy chicken with boiled new potatoes and Tesco's pre-made Italian pasta salad. She asked if I wanted some, and I was starving!! I could quite easily have demolished a plateful, but I stuck to my guns and said no thanks. I had a couple of plain boiled potatoes to keep me going until I got home - free food, cracking! When I got in I made the most delicious Quiche and had it with some baked beans, with a little chilli powder stirred through for an added kick! I felt thoroughly satisfied and proud of myself for sticking to my guns. For me, this week is about getting the control back, and that just proved to myself that I can do it. Stevie one, Temptation nil :D

I'm doing really well so far this week with saving my Syns. So far this week I've only had 1 Syn, and I've planned today to be another Syn free day too. So I should be covered for my meals & drinks at the weekend. Okay, I still may go a little over my allowance, but at least by having the minimal amount through the week I am as protected as I can be.

Really starting to look forward to tomorrow now! I'm also getting my nails done tomorrow afternoon before we go out, and I can't wait! They're desperate to be done - the set I have on at the moment feel like they are ready to ping off any moment now! It's funny - usually my nails last me 4-5 (sometimes even 6!!) weeks, but I will only have had this set on 3 weeks tomorrow. I love having them done though, so I can't wait. Then of course off into Darlington for our meal and drinks. Hope the weather stays like it is today! It is beautiful. It's forecast to be 25+ all weekend, so fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:

I've really been enjoying my Green days this week, so I think I'll have another...

Green

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast
- Banana
- Blueberries with Fat Free Greek Yogurt

Lunch:
- 2 x Ryvita (½ HExB) topped with Red Pepper and Chilli Low Low (HExA)
- Strawberries (SS), Blueberries and Grapes
- 1 x Rocky Road HiFi Light (½ HExB)

Dinner:
- Quorn Ginger, Chilli and Lime Sticky Fillet (S) served with a Roasted Red Pepper (S) stuffed with Savoury Rice, and some Heinz 5 Beans (SS)

Other:
- 2 x BabyBel (HExA)
- Berry Bakewell HiFi (HExB)

Healthy A:
60g Low Low Spread & 2 x BabyBel Original
Healthy B: 2 x Ryvita Original / 1 x HiFi Light & 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 0

Last edited:
I'm out tomorrow too at a wedding, hope the weather stays nice for us! I agree with you that the black maxi is best, it's more appropriate for afternoons I think the pink dress would be best kept for another night when you're going out later. Well done for resisting your friends food! It's so hard when you are offered stuff, as you feel so u grateful and rude but at the same time if we ate it we would feel bad and guilty anyway! Can't win lol you're having a fab week x

Happy Birthday, have a lovely time :) xx

Hi everyone. Thank you so much for all of the kind Birthday wishes. I had a lovely weekend :)

Had a great day with my two friends on Saturday. Went for our gorgeous meal and then out for drinks for the rest of the night. We were out from 2.30 on Saturday afternoon until around 2am Sunday morning :eek: Had a fantastic time though. Have attached a picture of me in my Birthday frock (I decided on the black lace maxi dress).

Birthday.jpg

As you can probably imagine, Sunday was spent very hungover!! When I am hungover all I want to do is eat junk food, and loads of it. I even had a McDonalds.

Monday was my actual Birthday and I went out for lunch with my Mam and Dad. I had planned to be quite good and have lasagne, but as I'd had pasta on Saturday I didn't really fancy it again. Plus I kind of thought, "what the heck, it's my Birthday" and just decided to have something that felt like a proper treat. I went for fajitas - and they were to die for!! My Mam and Dad had taken a little birthday cake to the restaurant as well, so after the meal the waiters came over with the cake and sang Happy Birthday to me. It was lovely. I took the cake home with me as I was so stuffed, and we had a little slice on the night instead.

Couldn't manage to get back on plan yesterday after all of that, and ended up having a Greggs baguette, crisps and a donut all before weigh in. I was dreading it.

Anyway I went and faced the music, and I'd only put 1lb on! It was a bit of a mix of emotions last night. I was pleased that I'd only put 1lb on after my Birthday, but I was also upset and frustrated with myself for having yet another gain. The past month or two I have been shocking - I've re-gained 8.5lb in total. Had a couple of little tears but staying to group helped as the other members are really supportive and made me smile and encouraged me to remember how far I have already come. I have still lost over 2st, and I know that if I focus then I can get back on the wagon and get that 8.5lb (and more!!) back off.

I also was surprised with being voted as our groups "Young Slimmer of the Year"!! I only just qualified for it - despite having just turned 22 on Monday, the week we voted I was still 21. Here's a photo of me with my sash and certificate, and another photo of my awards so far:

Young Slimmer of the Year.jpg Awards.jpg

If that is not the motivation I needed this week, then I don't know what is. I am doing this entirely for myself, but now I feel like I kind of owe something to the other members who voted me. I am going to prove to myself and to them that I can do this. I'm going to climb back on the wagon and show the world why I was voted (as cheesy as that may sound!)

So, back to it today. No plans for the weekend as of yet, but I'm going to try and use as little Syns as possible throughout the week, just incase something does crop up. I want to be prepared and be in control. Lets do this!!

Green

(S)
= Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast
- Banana, Apple (S), Strawberries (SS), Blueberries and Grapes
- Special K Milk Chocolate Chewy Delight (HExB)

Lunch:
- Tesco Light Choices Ham and Mushroom Tagliatelle (5.5 Syns)
- Strawberries (SS), Blueberries and Grapes with FF Greek Yogurt

Dinner:
- Quorn Ginger, Chilli and Lime Sticky Fillet (S) served with a roasted Red Pepper (S) stuffed with Savoury Rice and roasted Red Onion (S), Mushrooms (S) and Cherry Tomatoes (S)

Other:
- 2 x Cadbury's Chocolate Fingers (3 Syns)
- 3 x Fox's Party Rings (4.5 Syns)
- 2 x Rich Tea Fingers (2 Syns)

- Special K Dark Chocolate Chewy Delight (HExB)
- Coffee made up with Milk (HExA)

Healthy A: 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk
Healthy B: 2 x Special K Chewy Delight

Daily Syns: 15
Weekly Syns: 15 / 105

Last edited:
Well done lovley,

You looked beautiful in the maxi and glad you had a wonderful birthday,
Only a lb will be back off , and so will the 8.5, congrats on the new award well deserved ,
Lots of love xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Happy belated birthday!! You looked fab on Saturday for your birthday night out but you also look FAB in that lovely pink playsuit at WI - that's a beautiful pic!!

Congrats on the young slimmer of the year - sounds like it was perfectly timed after feeling you've had a bad couple of months!

Great menu for today, I had a rare green day yesterday and LOVED it - are the Quorn Ginger, Chilli and Lime Sticky Fillets really free?!
They sound delish!

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments!! Definitely think it was good timing with the award - I think it's the kick up the backside I needed. I felt like a bit of a fraud at first after I've done so rubbish the last month or so. I think that's why I'm more determined, because I wan't to prove to myself that actually, I do deserve it.

Great menu for today, I had a rare green day yesterday and LOVED it - are the Quorn Ginger, Chilli and Lime Sticky Fillets really free?!
They sound delish!

They are absolutely lovely!! Totally free on plan :) I think they also do a BBQ flavour which are free too, but I've yet to try them! x

God, I've had such a sweet tooth today. 7 biscuits I've had :eek: All within my Syns though, so at least that's one thing!

Just about to have a bath with the new mag and then I'm going to climb into bed with a nice coffee and my Special K bar. Bliss! :)

The Princess Diaries ♥ - Round Two!!

Heeeey! Hope you dont mind me subscribing! Well done on the award! I'm in exactly the same boat as you at the moment fresh start and everything, i lost a stone doing slimming world and its slowly crept back on! I loved reading your diary and it has giving me some inspiration to stick at it! I also love eating out and my nights out and i think thats my downfall! Looking forward to reading more of your diary :)

Heeeey! Hope you dont mind me subscribing! Well done on the award! I'm in exactly the same boat as you at the moment fresh start and everything, i lost a stone doing slimming world and its slowly crept back on! I loved reading your diary and it has giving me some inspiration to stick at it! I also love eating out and my nights out and i think thats my downfall! Looking forward to reading more of your diary :)

Hey hun!! Thanks for subscribing - of course I don't mind, the more the merrier :)

My diary has been a bit up and down so far. I started a fresh diary for a fresh start but I think it was the wrong time really, had loads going on. Nonetheless, I am back now with a bang and ready to do this once and for all!! X

Back