The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

Good morning diary.

Had a great first day back on plan yesterday, although I am still taking baby steps and just taking each day as it comes. I must have had the munchies or something yesterday, as I ended up using the majority of my Syns on biscuits! A good NSV for me though, as usually once my hand is in the biscuit tin I stop counting Syns. It's usually a case of pulling out a handful and ramming them down my throat before my brain even has time to register what I have done. So counting and Synning them (and staying within my Syns) was a big thing for me! I'm really going to try and focus on little positives like this to keep me going this week :)

I'm also pretty much going back to basics this week too. I'm hunting out a load of "old school" meals that I haven't had in ages! I think that part of my problem is that, because I've been doing this for so long, I tend to become bored and that's when I go off the rails. Today I'm reviving the mushy pea curry! It used to be a favourite of mine, but I've not had it in ages. So I'm looking forward to that.

I'm also really trying to mix things up this week. Yesterday was a Green day, and so is today. I have planned a Red day for Friday, an ultra rare Extra Easy day Saturday, Green again Sunday and then Red on Monday. Tuesday will probably be Extra Easy again. I'm also trying to mix up my Healthy Extra's a bit, and try and have a few different things throughout the week rather than having the same each day, which I quite often do. Hopefully this will keep my body interested and on the ball.

So here we go, day two. Another Green day back aboard the SW wagon...

Green

(S)= Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast
- Pomegranate
- Special K Milk Chocolate Chewy Delight (4.5 Syns)

Lunch:
- Finn Crisp (HExB) topped with Low Low Spread (HExA)
- Carrot Sticks (S)

Dinner:
- Mushy Pea Curry made with Quorn Pieces (S), Mushrooms (S), Red and White Onions (S), Peppers (S), Chopped Tomatoes (S), Mushy Peas (SS), Curry Powder and a FF Greek Yogurt. Served with Savoury Rice
- Banana and Strawberries (SS)

Other:
- 2 x Rocky Road HiFi Light (HExB)
- 2 x Fox's Party Rings (3 Syns)
- 2 x Mint Aero Bubbles (1.5 Syns)

Healthy A: 60g Low Low Spread
Healthy B: 6 x Finn Crisp Original & 2 x HiFi Light

Daily Syns: 9
Weekly Syns: 24 / 105

Last edited:
Good morning diary.

Had a great first day back on plan yesterday, although I am still taking baby steps and just taking each day as it comes. I must have had the munchies or something yesterday, as I ended up using the majority of my Syns on biscuits! A good NSV for me though, as usually once my hand is in the biscuit tin I stop counting Syns. It's usually a case of pulling out a handful and ramming them down my throat before my brain even has time to register what I have done. So counting and Synning them (and staying within my Syns) was a big thing for me! I'm really going to try and focus on little positives like this to keep me going this week :)

I'm also pretty much going back to basics this week too. I'm hunting out a load of "old school" meals that I haven't had in ages! I think that part of my problem is that, because I've been doing this for so long, I tend to become bored and that's when I go off the rails. Today I'm reviving the mushy pea curry! It used to be a favourite of mine, but I've not had it in ages. So I'm looking forward to that.

I'm also really trying to mix things up this week. Yesterday was a Green day, and so is today. I have planned a Red day for Friday, an ultra rare Extra Easy day Saturday, Green again Sunday and then Red on Monday. Tuesday will probably be Extra Easy again. I'm also trying to mix up my Healthy Extra's a bit, and try and have a few different things throughout the week rather than having the same each day, which I quite often do. Hopefully this will keep my body interested and on the ball.

So here we go, day two. Another Green day back aboard the SW wagon...

Green

Breakfast
- Pomegranate
- Strawberries (SS), Blueberries and Grapes with FF Greek Yogurt
- Special K Milk Chocolate Chewy Delight (4.5 Syns)

Lunch:
- Ryvita (HExB) topped with Low Low Spread (HExA)

Dinner:
- Mushy Pea "Korma" made with Quorn Pieces (S), Mushrooms (S), Red Onion (S), Peppers (S), Chopped Tomatoes (S), Mushy Peas (SS), Curry Powder and a Muller Light Coconut Greek Yogurt (0.5 Syns). Served with Savoury Rice

Other:

Healthy A: 60g Low Low Spread
Healthy B: 4 x Ryvita Original

Daily Syns: 5
Weekly Syns: 20 / 105

Oh didn't realise the Special K bars were only 4.5 I thought they were 6 !!! Yay well worth 4.5 syns :)
Nice to see you back I started afresh at Sw last night new shiney book and new start focused and ready to start again :)

Oh didn't realise the Special K bars were only 4.5 I thought they were 6 !!! Yay well worth 4.5 syns :)
Nice to see you back I started afresh at Sw last night new shiney book and new start focused and ready to start again :)

They are lovely aren't they, and definitely feel as though they are more than just 4.5 Syns!! The dark chocolate ones are my absolute favourite, sooo nice :drool:

I think there are quite a few of us in the same boat at the moment, it seems a lot of us are struggling. I don't think this time of year is easy. But saying that neither is Christmas, Easter, Birthdays, etc. So maybe that's just me making excuses. Anyway, well done for re-joining! I think a fresh start will do you good. I'd probably have like to have a total fresh start, new book and everything, but I don't want to lose all of my awards and start back from having lost "nothing". I already feel cheated sometimes - when I first joined Slimmimg World I was 15st bang on. I had a little time off and when I rejoined I was 14st 10.5lb. So officially I have lost 2st 1.5lb, but in reality, I have lost 3.5lb more! I know it's only 3.5lb, but every little helps :giggle:

Anyway, hope you have a really great week! We can do this :) x

That is defiantly my problem, i get sick of eating the same things! One of these days i will turn into a salad or a jacket potato! Thats a good idea to go old school, love a good old mushy pea curry! I might have to start a diary on here maybe next week :)

Definitely! My diary does help keep me on track (when I don't go AWOL that is lol) :) x

That is defiantly my problem, i get sick of eating the same things! One of these days i will turn into a salad or a jacket potato! Thats a good idea to go old school, love a good old mushy pea curry! I might have to start a diary on here maybe next week :)

Definitely! My diary does help keep me on track (when I don't go AWOL that is lol) :) x

Me too, I agree, since I started my diary on here I found I've done much better.

Oh then its a done deal, the diary will be getting started on monday! I mean ive been writing my food diary out this week! But if it helps me even more putting it on here! I need all the help i can get! Haha :)

Fab!! You'll get loads of support on here babe. Let me know the link when you've made it and I'll come subscribe :) x

They are lovely aren't they, and definitely feel as though they are more than just 4.5 Syns!! The dark chocolate ones are my absolute favourite, sooo nice :drool:

I think there are quite a few of us in the same boat at the moment, it seems a lot of us are struggling. I don't think this time of year is easy. But saying that neither is Christmas, Easter, Birthdays, etc. So maybe that's just me making excuses. Anyway, well done for re-joining! I think a fresh start will do you good. I'd probably have like to have a total fresh start, new book and everything, but I don't want to lose all of my awards and start back from having lost "nothing". I already feel cheated sometimes - when I first joined Slimmimg World I was 15st bang on. I had a little time off and when I rejoined I was 14st 10.5lb. So officially I have lost 2st 1.5lb, but in reality, I have lost 3.5lb more! I know it's only 3.5lb, but every little helps :giggle:

Anyway, hope you have a really great week! We can do this :) x

I think at this time of year it's hard as there are loads more social events! In the winter you want to stay in the house more. You're doing fab Hun this week x

Morning Diary, Happy Friday! It feels like it's been such a long week. Even though I was off work on Monday for my Birthday, the rest of the week seems to have dragged like mad. Hopefully today will go pretty quickly and I can get myself home for the weekend :)

No plans to go out this weekend, which is a first!! I'm actually looking forward to a weekend in after last weekends messyness :giggle: Just going to have a quiet night tonight - probably an early night as I'm shattered!! Tomorrow I've planned and Indian takeaway with my Syns, so I can't wait for that. Yum yum bubblegum! Hopefully the weather will be nice again this weekend so I can get out in the garden and just chill out. I think it's forecast to be nice, so fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:

Really enjoyed my couple of Green days on plan yesterday and the day before, but I'm going to mix things up a little today and go for a Red day! Here goes...

Red

Breakfast
- Pomegranate
- Jaffa Orange (S)

Lunch:
- Tesco Chilli Chicken Noodle Salad (3.5 Syns)
- Walkers Salt & Vinegar flavour French Fries (4 Syns)
- Walls Mini Twister Ice Lolly (2.5 Syns)

Dinner:

- Flattened Chicken Breast (S) topped with Tomato Puree, 3 x slices of Sainsbury's Chorizo (2.5 Syns) and Cheese (HExA). Served with Carrot "Chips" (S) and roasted Mushrooms (S), Peppers (S),Red Onion (S) and Cherry Tomatoes (S)
- Barratt Refresher Ice Lolly (3 Syns)

Other:
- Berry Bakewell HiFi (HExB)
- 2 x Fox's Party Rings (3 Syns)

Healthy A: 40g Low Low Grated
Healthy B: 2 x HiFi Light & 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 18.5
Weekly Syns: 42.5 / 105

Last edited:
Those Quorn ginger, lime sticky fillets- where did you buy them from?
As I've looked in Tesco, Waitrose, Sainsburys and Asda and can't find them :(

I'm doing a lot more Green days now so need to have free Quorn stuff x

Set to be scorching again this weekend hun. Make sure you use plenty of lotion after last time!

Enjoy xx

Ouch, definitely not letting myself get burnt like that again! Have learnt my lesson from the last time :giggle: Have a lovely weekend hun xx

Those Quorn ginger, lime sticky fillets- where did you buy them from?
As I've looked in Tesco, Waitrose, Sainsburys and Asda and can't find them :(

I'm doing a lot more Green days now so need to have free Quorn stuff x

Hello! We used to shop in Morrisons and could always get them in there - they're in the frozen section and they do a BBQ flavour too. We now shop at ASDA though, and I'm sure my mam just bought me a box from there recently. So maybe worth another look.

Also by Quorn, I like the peppered steaks. They are only half a Syn each. Or the "chicken" nuggets - again half a Syn each. Yummy! :) x

Hello! We used to shop in Morrisons and could always get them in there - they're in the frozen section and they do a BBQ flavour too. We now shop at ASDA though, and I'm sure my mam just bought me a box from there recently. So maybe worth another look.

Also by Quorn, I like the peppered steaks. They are only half a Syn each. Or the "chicken" nuggets - again half a Syn each. Yummy! :) x
Ah frozen! I've been looking in the chilled bit! D'oh!

I've got the peppered steaks for dinner tonight, when I put them in the Syns online, it says they are FREE!! :)
Chicken nuggets sound good too! X

Ah frozen! I've been looking in the chilled bit! D'oh!

I've got the peppered steaks for dinner tonight, when I put them in the Syns online, it says they are FREE!! :)
Chicken nuggets sound good too! X

Ooh yeah, just noticed that! They must have changed the recipe again. They always used to be Free, then they went up to half a Syn. Now they're Free again! I know it's only half a Syn, but every little helps. Woop! :) x

Yes, I'll second that the quorn nuggets are surprisingly nice, I also like the peppered 'steaks' & the lamb steaks (in the chiller).

Oooh I've not tried the lamb steaks, as I don't eat lamb. Only due to the fact that I couldn't eat something that I see as a baby, not necessarily because I don't like it. I might give the Quorn version a go though! Definitely going to have to get a bag of nuggets. Don't think we have any in the freezer and I've set myself off wanting some now :giggle: Gorgeous with a big plate of SW chips and beans, yum!!

Back