The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

Hi :) I'm Laura, I'm new to the site and I'm starting slimming world on Saturday (however I know a lot about SW as my mum has lost 6 stone)

Can I just I've been looking at your diary and pics and you're such an inspiration! How long has it took you to lose the weight? I want to lose about three stone!

I've seen you've had a hiccup recently...everybody is bound to do it so don't be disheartened or embarrassed! Just look how well you've done! Surely you're allowed a few days off?!

xoxo

Aww, thank you for your lovely message. And way to go to your mum!! That's an amazing loss :)

In all honesty it's taken me absolutely ages to lose this weight! The thing is, I started at 15st and was doing well. Lost around 1st 7lb and then my dad had a cardiac arrest and was in hospital for about 7 weeks in total. It totally nocked me off the plan and I didn't go to group for months. It's safe to say I regained almost all of the weight I'd lost - when I rejoined I was 14st 10.5lb. It'll be two years at the back end of September since I rejoined, so not a fantastic weight loss in that space of time, compared to some people, but a weight loss nontheless. Plus, self admittedly, I did do a hell of a lot of faffing around in the beginning. I am also just turned 22, so as you can imagine I like to be out all weekend every weekend partying lol. I am happy with what I've lost though, if I can just get back on track.

As for a few days off, I wish that's all it was lol! I've had a terrible couple of months in general, and I don't want to even start counting the number of days off plan I had. But I'm back on it now, and I guess that's all that matters. Long may it last.

Thanks for popping in :) xxx

Aww, thank you for your lovely message. And way to go to your mum!! That's an amazing loss :)

In all honesty it's taken me absolutely ages to lose this weight! The thing is, I started at 15st and was doing well. Lost around 1st 7lb and then my dad had a cardiac arrest and was in hospital for about 7 weeks in total. It totally nocked me off the plan and I didn't go to group for months. It's safe to say I regained almost all of the weight I'd lost - when I rejoined I was 14st 10.5lb. It'll be two years at the back end of September since I rejoined, so not a fantastic weight loss in that space of time, compared to some people, but a weight loss nontheless. Plus, self admittedly, I did do a hell of a lot of faffing around in the beginning. I am also just turned 22, so as you can imagine I like to be out all weekend every weekend partying lol. I am happy with what I've lost though, if I can just get back on track.

As for a few days off, I wish that's all it was lol! I've had a terrible couple of months in general, and I don't want to even start counting the number of days off plan I had. But I'm back on it now, and I guess that's all that matters. Long may it last.

Thanks for popping in :) xxx

I totally know how you feel, I've just turned 22 as well - I have a one year old and I still haven't lost any baby weight! I've been faffing for a year now so this has to be it! I'm not turning back now!

xoxo

I totally know how you feel, I've just turned 22 as well - I have a one year old and I still haven't lost any baby weight! I've been faffing for a year now so this has to be it! I'm not turning back now!

xoxo

You can do it Laura! Keep in touch and let me know how you get on! If you start a food diary be sure to let me know so I can come subscribe :) xxx

Oh, and for anyone who uses IG! I have decided to make a little side account dedicated to all things SW. I thought people on my personal account may be a bit sick of seeing my SW posts, so I made a new account where I can post food pics 'til my hearts content! If anyone want's to follow me I'm stevielena_sw :)

PS - Stevie, where did you get the dress in your avatar pic? I LOVE IT!!

Aww, thank you!! It was from Miss Selfridge in Binns. I got it for £20 in the sale - proper bargain! That photo was before I went out for a meal / drinks with the girls for my birthday in July :) xx

Wow transformation pic in your sig in incredible! If that doesn't inspire you to keep going and show you that your hard work pays off, nothing will! WELL DONE! x

Thank you so much! That comparison pic does pick me up - thought I'd stick it in my sig there so I can see it all the time. Hopefully keep me motivated! xx

I've added you on IG too! Love some of the pics you've uploaded! Xxx hope you're ok stevie xxx

Hello stranger!! I thought that was you :) How are you doing? Have missed you xxx

Hello stranger!! I thought that was you :) How are you doing? Have missed you xxx

Hey Hun :D it's me! Slinking back with my tail between my legs and some unwanted gained weight so I'm going to try again rather than giving up! Glad you still remembered me! You've always been such an inspiration to me and you're looking fab as ever :) hope you're okay and life is treating you well! Xxx

Morning all, Happy Friday.

Just wanted to say another big thank you for all of your support. It's nice that you can come back, no matter how long you've dissappeared for, and be welcomed with open arms. Even when you feel like a total failure, there's always lots of lovely peeps to help you see the positives and make you realise you're only human. It means more than I can put into words.

Have had two really great days back on plan, and surprisingly I've been really enjoying Extra Easy. As I said, I tended to get greedy on Red & Green days, and going back to EE has made me stop and think "am I actually hungry, or do I just want to eat that for the sake of it". It probably looks like I haven't eaten a great deal over the last couple of days, but I have been thoroughly satisfied and it feels as though I'm taking steps towards realising when I am actually hungry / full, which is good. Also finding that completing the SAS logs is really helping.

Had a cheeky home weigh in this morning, and I was 12st 8lb which is 2lb off from Tuesdays official weigh in. Hoping to get another couple off for Tuesday if I can, but any loss would be fantastic after all of the recent gains.

So here we go, ready to tackle another day.

Extra Easy

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast
- Apple (S) and 2 x Plum (S)

Lunch:
- Homemade Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (Chickpeas, Peppers (S), FF Greek Yogurt and Garlic Granules) with Carrot (S), Celery (S), Cucumber (S) and Pepper (S) Dippers
- 2 x Weight Watchers Caramel Mallow (5 Syns)

Dinner:

- Warm Chicken (S) and Bacon Salad (Lettuce (S), Cucumber (S), Peppers (S), Red Onion (S), and Cherry Tomatoes (S)) with Mozzarella (HExA) and Balsamic Vinegar

Other:
-
Rocky Road HiFi (3 Syns)
- Special K Chocolate Biscuit Moments (5 Syns)
- Berry Bakewell HiFi (HExB)

Healthy A: 45g Mozzarella
Healthy B: 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 13
Weekly Syns: 23 / 105

Last edited:
Wow! Also just realised how many Speed / SuperSpeed foods I've been having this week. They should definitely help me ahead of Tuesday. So far I've had...

Wednesday
Speed: 8
SuperSpeed: 1

Thursday
Speed: 11
SuperSpeed: 2

Friday
Speed: 14
SuperSpeed: 0

Looking at my food plan I have lots of others incorporated in the rest of the week, so hopefully this will give me another extra boost! :)

Wow! Also just realised how many Speed / SuperSpeed foods I've been having this week. They should definitely help me ahead of Tuesday. So far I've had...

Wednesday
Speed: 8
SuperSpeed: 1

Thursday
Speed: 11
SuperSpeed: 2

Friday
Speed: 14
SuperSpeed: 0

Looking at my food plan I have lots of others incorporated in the rest of the week, so hopefully this will give me another extra boost! :)

Yay you're doing so well, I think that mixing things up can be so helpful at times as you really start to get in a rut with what you eat if you allow yourself to! I would love to try red and green days as an extra choice so I could have milk and cheese would be fab! But can't get my head around them so tend to syn one or the other!

Do you roast your own red peppers for the hummus or buy the ones in the jars btw? Might have a go at making this today for my lunch!
Xxxxx

Yay you're doing so well, I think that mixing things up can be so helpful at times as you really start to get in a rut with what you eat if you allow yourself to! I would love to try red and green days as an extra choice so I could have milk and cheese would be fab! But can't get my head around them so tend to syn one or the other!

Do you roast your own red peppers for the hummus or buy the ones in the jars btw? Might have a go at making this today for my lunch!
Xxxxx

It took me a little while to get my head around Red & Green days too, but once you crack it it's dead easy. Basically Red days = no pasta, rice, noodles, potato and starchy veg etc. But as much meat / fish as you like. Green Days = no meat / fish. But as much pasta, rice, noodles, potato and starchy veg etc. You get to have either 1 or 2 Healthy A's (your choice) and 2 Healthy B's on either plan. Also I don't think the 1/3 SuperFree rule is as prominent on these plans, but it does help. If you decided to try them and need any help / advice, I'm always here. I know Elle does loads of Red days too so she's another good person to ask! Do you have a new food diary by the way? Must subscribe if you do, always remember your food being gorgeous! :)

For the hummus I just roasted my own peppers. Only because we had a huge bag of them in the house - you could use the ones in the jar just the same. It would save a bit of time and faffing really. Just whatever works best for you. It is so nice though! I used to make it quite often, so it's been good to revive it a bit this week. Yummy!! xxxxx

It took me a little while to get my head around Red & Green days too, but once you crack it it's dead easy. Basically Red days = no pasta, rice, noodles, potato and starchy veg etc. But as much meat / fish as you like. Green Days = no meat / fish. But as much pasta, rice, noodles, potato and starchy veg etc. You get to have either 1 or 2 Healthy A's (your choice) and 2 Healthy B's on either plan. Also I don't think the 1/3 SuperFree rule is as prominent on these plans, but it does help. If you decided to try them and need any help / advice, I'm always here. I know Elle does loads of Red days too so she's another good person to ask! Do you have a new food diary by the way? Must subscribe if you do, always remember your food being gorgeous! :)

For the hummus I just roasted my own peppers. Only because we had a huge bag of them in the house - you could use the ones in the jar just the same. It would save a bit of time and faffing really. Just whatever works best for you. It is so nice though! I used to make it quite often, so it's been good to revive it a bit this week. Yummy!! xxxxx

Eek green days sound like they could be dangerous for me as I could eat pasta for about 8 people! Haha. I might try and mix some red days in though! Can almost guarantee you'll get loads of annoying questions :p!

I'm umming and ahhing over a new diary at the mo :) posting in my older one for the time being though maybe a fresh start and a new diary is what I need?

Thanks for the advice, I have some peppers that need using so may well have a go at that after I've got some chickpeas :D thanks Hun you're a star answering all my questions! Xxxxxx

Eek green days sound like they could be dangerous for me as I could eat pasta for about 8 people! Haha. I might try and mix some red days in though! Can almost guarantee you'll get loads of annoying questions :p!

I'm umming and ahhing over a new diary at the mo :) posting in my older one for the time being though maybe a fresh start and a new diary is what I need?

Thanks for the advice, I have some peppers that need using so may well have a go at that after I've got some chickpeas :D thanks Hun you're a star answering all my questions! Xxxxxx

That is exactly why I've decided to go back to Extra Easy for a while! I'm a proper carb fiend and find that on Green days I eat absolutely loads of potato / pasta. I'm going to try and stick to EE the majority of the time, with a couple of Red & Green days now and again. For example, I'm having a Red day tomorrow and a Green day Sunday, and then after that it will be back to EE. I think it's probably good to mix it up a bit as well, so your body doesn't get used to it and you don't become complacent / bored like I did.

So pleased you're back and looking forward to following your progress again in your diary :D You're more than welcome for the advice - that's what we're all here for! And if there are any questions I can't answer, there is bound to be some other lovely person on here who can! Have a great weekend xxxxx

Back