The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

Well, just been to Subway and the results are in...

...ooohhh my GOD!! Why why why have I never had one before!? Literally the nicest salad I have ever had!! Probably the tastiest meal I've had this week too! I went for lettuce, cucumber, red onion, tomato, green peppers and jalapenos with chicken and then sweet onion sauce. I didn't leave a single scrap!! Mmmmmm definitely going there again!!

I feel like I am missing out as I have also never had a subway salad. I went to subway about 2 weeks ago (pre diet) and had a sandwich. I will now have to try a salad as we have got a subway in our local Jet garage and it's only a 5 minute walk from my house :) x

I feel like I am missing out as I have also never had a subway salad. I went to subway about 2 weeks ago (pre diet) and had a sandwich. I will now have to try a salad as we have got a subway in our local Jet garage and it's only a 5 minute walk from my house :) x

I thought it was delicious! I would definitely recommend them and go back myself for another. I have had a sandwich from there in the past but wasn't really fussed so never bothered going back. But as I say, have seen the salads mentioned quite a bit on here and IG, and a few members were talking about them in group on Tues so thought I'd give them a try! There is one in Darlington where I work, about 10 minutes walk away. We have one in Newton Aycliffe where I live as well - it's in the garage like yours is. The trouble is it's right next door to McDonalds :giggle: x

Yummy. I love subway mainly cos its thr only fast food I can actually eat, the sandwiches are nice just with salad in :) not had a salad off them but they sound pretty similar to the salads I make at home :)

Yummy. I love subway mainly cos its thr only fast food I can actually eat, the sandwiches are nice just with salad in :) not had a salad off them but they sound pretty similar to the salads I make at home :)

Well I thought that when everyone was raving on about them! I thought, it's only salad how blooming exciting can they be? But my word, it was delicious. Tasted so fresh and juicy - so much nicer than a salad I'd make at home, even though I'd use the same ingredients! That sounds bizzarre I know, but it really was so yummy!

Hmmmm maybe ill try one then - how much are they and are they filling?

They are quite expensive I must admit. It was about £4.60 with a bottle of pop, but it was enormous and very filling! So in my opinion it was worth it :)

Ooh that's not bad if you're on the move. I hate fizzy drinks so wouldn't be buying one which would make it a Bit cheaper.

Loads better than a soggy sandwich and crisps!!!

It's £3 with a soft drink on the lunch deal? That's all I ever pay anyway. Same deal as the 6" sub but ask for it with a salad instead? xx

Does that include bottle pop? Or just the ones in the cups? I am confused. I was charged about £4.60. On the poster it said the £3 deal was a sandwich or wrap. It didn't mention salad. Now I feel ripped off lol :rolleyes: xx

I don't think I could go to Subway and not order a sandwich! The smell of the bread gets my mouth watering every time. I'm best avoiding it all together. :D Good to know it's there as a low syn option if I'm out and about though! I used to be petrified of Subway because of all the choices. When I was at uni one of my best mates used to make me get her a sub on our way back from the clubs (she was usually too drunk to communicate nicely) so I just memorised her order and it's all I've ever had! :giggle:

I don't think I could go to Subway and not order a sandwich! The smell of the bread gets my mouth watering every time. I'm best avoiding it all together. :D Good to know it's there as a low syn option if I'm out and about though! I used to be petrified of Subway because of all the choices. When I was at uni one of my best mates used to make me get her a sub on our way back from the clubs (she was usually too drunk to communicate nicely) so I just memorised her order and it's all I've ever had! :giggle:

That's so funny!! Your friend sounds a lot like me lol! :giggle:

Does that include bottle pop? Or just the ones in the cups? I am confused. I was charged about £4.60. On the poster it said the £3 deal was a sandwich or wrap. It didn't mention salad. Now I feel ripped off lol :rolleyes: xx

You can have a cup or a can if taking away?!

Yeah it's the deal you saw - I've seen it advertised on TV too? Maybe ask the question next time you're in xx

You can have a cup or a can if taking away?!

Yeah it's the deal you saw - I've seen it advertised on TV too? Maybe ask the question next time you're in xx

I definitely will!! I'm going to have another on Monday when I'm back at work - I'm hooked already! Will ask this time if it's included in the £3 meal deal as extra £1.60's here and there soon add up!! xx

I was shocked at the fact they charge 89p extra for a salad than a sandwich! So if they are ever a bit stingy I keep asking for more! x

I was shocked at the fact they charge 89p extra for a salad than a sandwich! So if they are ever a bit stingy I keep asking for more! x

And they wonder why such a large number of people are overweight! It's ridiculous isn't it x

Well I thought that when everyone was raving on about them! I thought, it's only salad how blooming exciting can they be? But my word, it was delicious.

Ha, this is exactly what I've been thinking! I've had subway sandwiches a couple of times & quite like them, but not amazing or anything.

Tasted so fresh and juicy - so much nicer than a salad I'd make at home, even though I'd use the same ingredients! That sounds bizzarre I know, but it really was so yummy!
Now I'm very tempted to try one! I also don't really like processed meat slices, never have. Maybe I will try one of the salads with the meat chunks next time I'm out & about & need to buy lunch.

Hope you have a good weekend, girly night tonight sounds nice :) What are SW chicken parmos?

X

The Subway salad made that much of an impression on me I'm having another one as we speak! So yummy :)

Chicken Parmo's are a bit of a northern delicacy, think they are from Middlesbrough originally. I make a Slimming World friendly one by flattening a chicken breast, coating in whole earl breadcrumbs (B choice) and topping with half a tub of low low spread (A choice) and cooking in the oven. Going to have them with SW chips and salad, yum! Have also just bought us a weight watchers chocolate mousse dessert thing to have afterwards for only 5 Syns so it should feel like a nice treat :) x

It's Insta-gram (without the -). We can't post the proper name on here as Mini's filters it, as we're not supposed to talk about other social networking outlets. It's basically an app where you can share your photos. I (and a few others) have created Slimming World specific accounts where we post photos of our meals etc. for inspiration x

Ahhhhh ok :D
Might do that myself have IG but don't really use it :) thanks

Bit late on here today but I've had a busy morning. Been totally on plan though!

Updating on my phone so will fancy my diary up later on once I get on the laptop.

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Extra Easy

Breakfast:
- Honeydew (SS) and Watermelon (S)

Lunch:
- Subway Chicken (S) Salad (Lettuce (S), Cucumber (S), Tomato (S), Green Peppers (S), Red Onion (S) and Jalapeños (S)) with Sweet Onion Sauce (2 Syns)

Dinner:
- SW Chicken (S) 'Parmo' (HExA+B) served with Spicy Potato Wedges and Salad (Lettuce (S), Cucumber (S), Peppers (S), Red Onion (S) and Cherry Tomatoes (S))
- Weight Watchers Belgian Milk and White Chocolate Mousse (5 Syns)

Other:
- Metcalfes Sweet'n'Salt Skinny Topcorn (6 Syns)

Healthy Extra A: 60g Low Low Spread
Healthy Extra B: 60g Wholemeal Roll

Daily Syns:
Weekly Syns: 38.5 / 105

Last edited:
Back