The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

I'm the same - I weigh everything in advance. I usually have Earl Grey tea black so I don't need to use my HEXA for it but I always measure my cheese and the same with cereal/oats/whatever I'm having for my HEXB. It would be sooooooooo easy to go massively over otherwise. xx

I literally measure everything before I have it! I plan all of my eats in advance, so if I know I'm going to be having milk as my Healthy Extra one day, I'll measure it using a measuring jug first thing and pop it back in the fridge. Then it's there ready for me to use as soon as I need it. If it's cheese, cereal, etc. I just weigh it with my little kitchen scales as and when I need it.

I think not weighing HEx's is a huge danger zone for lots of people. I remember a lady at my group being fed up with not having good losses - the one thing she changed the following week was to weigh her HEx's accurately and I think she ended up coming in with about 3 or 4lb off, compared to the 0.5's and 1's she'd been having. It really can make a huge difference!

Really looking forward to my fish tonight! I'm not usually a fan but I haven't had it in ages so it should be a nice change. The mushy peas are a must too!! Enjoy :) x

I hear you hun, and that is definitely good advice, and advice I will be taking in for sure. Thanks :)

I'm the same - I weigh everything in advance. I usually have Earl Grey tea black so I don't need to use my HEXA for it but I always measure my cheese and the same with cereal/oats/whatever I'm having for my HEXB. It would be sooooooooo easy to go massively over otherwise. xx

Definitely hun, I need to change this pronto!

I hear you hun, and that is definitely good advice, and advice I will be taking in for sure. Thanks :)

You're welcome chick. No worries at all!

Loving your new avatar pic too - you look fab :) x

Thanks for posting that recipe I cook for 1 or two so its great to see the small quantity version :)

Thanks for posting that recipe I cook for 1 or two so its great to see the small quantity version :)

No problem! 99.9% of the time I am cooking for just myself, so most of my recipes / meals are for 1 person :) x

Bork, tea was rank!! The fish was just so fishy, and the potatoes didn't taste nice either. Yuck!! I did eat the roast veggies though lol...

image-55902099.jpg

Just made some BNS and red pepper soup for lunches this week...

image-635903058.jpg

Mmm, that corn beef hotpot looks lush :drool: Gonna defo have to try that out! Thanks for posting the recipe.

Good luck for WI tomorrow! I'm sure you'll be well into those 11s :)

X

Oh no!! Tecipe for BNS soup please!! I'm going to buy a few of them this week and make some soup :)

Soup was so easy!! I just halved a BNS and removed the seeds. Popped it on a baking tray and sprinkled with garlic and chilli before roasting for about an hour. Also deseeded 2 red peppers and roasted them for about 30 minutes. Scoop the cooked flesh out of the BNS and add to a blender with the roasted peppers and 1 pint of vegetable / chicken stock and then just whizz it up! So yummy :) That's made me about 3 or 4 bowls full, the first of which I'll have for lunch tomorrow. Enjoy! X

Soup was so easy!! I just halved a BNS and removed the seeds. Popped it on a baking tray and sprinkles with garlic and chilli before roasting for about an hour. Also deseeded 2 red peppers and roasted them for about 30 minutes. Scoop the cooked flesh out of the BNS and add to a blender with the roasted peppers and 1 pint of vegetable / chicken stock and then just whizz it up! So yummy :) That's made me about 3 or 4 bowls full, the first of which I'll have for lunch tomorrow. Enjoy! X

Yum! That's going on next week's lunch list! Thanks Stevie!xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Re: The Princess Diaries ♥ - Round Two!!

Soup was so easy!! I just halved a BNS and removed the seeds. Popped it on a baking tray and sprinkled with garlic and chilli before roasting for about an hour. Also deseeded 2 red peppers and roasted them for about 30 minutes. Scoop the cooked flesh out of the BNS and add to a blender with the roasted peppers and 1 pint of vegetable / chicken stock and then just whizz it up! So yummy :) That's made me about 3 or 4 bowls full, the first of which I'll have for lunch tomorrow. Enjoy! X

That sounds even easier than when I made it the other week!! I get so annoyed trying to peel it... will be trying this way out :D Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Woop, weigh day!! Roll on 4.30pm :) Scales were reading 11st 10lb this morning - I'd be thrilled with that tonight as it would mean I'd get my 3st award, but will just be happy to be back in the 11's. Let's wait and see!

Hope everyone has a great day. These are my eats for today...

(S)
= Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Extra Easy

Breakfast:
- Weetabix (HExB) with Oatly Chocolate Oat Drink (HExA)

Lunch:
- Apple (S)

Post-WI Snack:
- Banana

Dinner (Indian Takeaway):

- 350g Chicken Jalfrezi (8.5 Syns) with Boiled Rice and Salad (Lettuce (S), Onion (S), Cucumber (S), Tomatoes (S) and Peas (SS))

Other:
- Double Decker (14 Syns)

Healthy Extra A: 200ml Oatly Healthy Chocolate Oak Drink
Healthy Extra B: 2 x Weetabix

Daily Syns: 22.5
Weekly Syns: 102.5 / 105

Last edited:
That sounds even easier than when I made it the other week!! I get so annoyed trying to peel it... will be trying this way out :D Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ohhh I've done it that way before too, what a bloody faff on!! The skin is so tough. Definitely much easier if you roast it first, then it just falls apart :) xx

Good luck for tonight sweets :) xx

Thanks babes! If I have a loss anything like yours last night I'll be thrilled! :D xx

Good luck for tonight girlie, got my fingers crossed for you. You've had a great week so here's to a good WI :)

Aww, thank you so much!! Here's hoping :) x

Really think I need to brave butternut squash! Your soup sounds lovely! Good luck tonight chick xx

I only like it made into soup! Have tried having it as "chips" etc. but just wasn't keen. Stuck with it though and gave it another go in soup and it was lush! It's always one of the soups I make because it's so easy. I usually do either BNS & red pepper, vegetable broth or super speed soup. I'm going to start making a soup a week now that the cold weather is creeping in - I have the SW "Little Book of Soups" so will dig that out for inspiration. Really fancy making chicken and sweetcorn soup next!

Thanks for the luck too - fingers crossed :) xx

Back