The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

Morning diary, happy hump day! Half way through the working week already, yippeee!! :D

Thanks for all of the messages - I'm still absolutely chuffed with my loss last night. It means so many things:

- Last weeks gain straight back off
- Back down to my lowest weight
- 3lb away from 3 and a half stone award
- Back on track for my target / birthday goal

Now, my mission this week is just a loss. 1lb will do! I seem to have a bit of a barrier at 11st 6.5lb, where I currently am now. Whenever I seem to get to this weight I tend to go back on myself and end up re-gaining some of my weight. I had a similar struggle at about 12st too, but I managed to overcome it. So I can overcome this one too!

Todays food is really quick and easy food, particularly tea tonight. I took some chilli out of the freezer to defrost so I can just blast it in the microwave tonight. The reason being I'm going to be pretty busy - I'm making millionaries shortbread and creme egg brownies for Warren (eek!!). A little treat for Valentines Day. So I wanted something quick and easy. Depending on how much I get done tonight, tomorrow might be a similar story.

Anyway, this is how today is looking...

Green

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:
- Dorset Cereals Simply Delicious Muesli (HExB) topped with Strawberries (SS) and a Strawberry Danio Yogurt (1 Syns)

Lunch:
- Tesco Falafel and Butternut Squash Salad
- Strawberries (SS)

Dinner:
- Baked Sweet Potato topped with Red Lentil Chilli (Red Lentils (S), Peppers (S), Mushrooms (S), Red Onion (S), Chopped Tomatoes (S) and Heinz 5 Beans (SS)), Jalapenos (S) and Cheese (HExA)

Other:
- Plum x 2 (S)
- Chocolate Orange HiFi (HExB)
- Cadbury Creme Egg Biscuit (4 Syns)

Healthy Extra A: 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk
Healthy Extra B: 35g Dorset Cereals Simply Delicious Muesli & 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 5
Weekly Syns: 5 / 105

Last edited:
Well done on last nights loss hun! Fabulous!

I also came to a barrier at the same weight and kept shooting back up to 12st but I overcame it and I'm now at another Barrier which today after 7 weeks I have finally broken!! Only by half a lb mind but still I've done!

Good luck with this week and hopefully you will break the barrier this week! X

Well done on last nights loss hun! Fabulous!

I also came to a barrier at the same weight and kept shooting back up to 12st but I overcame it and I'm now at another Barrier which today after 7 weeks I have finally broken!! Only by half a lb mind but still I've done!

Good luck with this week and hopefully you will break the barrier this week! X

Thank you lovely, and well done you on breaking that barrier!! It does not matter that it is "only" by half a lb, what's important is that you have come through it. It's a great proud of :)

Have a great week x

Morning Stevie, food today looks delish as always! Baking tonight sounds very synful but oh so nice lol :)

Have a nice day xx

It's going to take some incredible willpower not to stick my fingers into the mixture. Especially the creme egg brownies!! I will let you know how they turn out and even post some piccies if I remember!

Have a great day too, Emma xx

I had the same barrier getting into the 10s! I stuck at 11.3 and just maintained for about 6 weeks and then smashed through it one week - I think there are some weights where you need to be consistently good for a number of weeks to get through it. So I hope you lose a lb but if you don't just keep at it and you'll smash that pesky number!

The 10s have been the easiest weight loss stone for me so hopefully will be the same for you :) xxxx

I had the same barrier getting into the 10s! I stuck at 11.3 and just maintained for about 6 weeks and then smashed through it one week - I think there are some weights where you need to be consistently good for a number of weeks to get through it. So I hope you lose a lb but if you don't just keep at it and you'll smash that pesky number!

The 10s have been the easiest weight loss stone for me so hopefully will be the same for you :) xxxx

Thanks hun! I think with me it's more a mental thing. I think "yes, I'm back at my lowest weight" and then subconciously the little extras start creeping in. I tend to have a bad week (or two) once I get back to this weight, but I'm determined not to let that happen this week. The only potential danger zone this week is Valentines Day on Friday, but I'm all planned and prepared and should be well within my Syns and en-route for another loss next Tuesday! :) xxx

Thanks hun! I think with me it's more a mental thing. I think "yes, I'm back at my lowest weight" and then subconciously the little extras start creeping in. I tend to have a bad week (or two) once I get back to this weight, but I'm determined not to let that happen this week. The only potential danger zone this week is Valentines Day on Friday, but I'm all planned and prepared and should be well within my Syns and en-route for another loss next Tuesday! :) xxx

True and it's hard to always be good despite how fab the plan is! I'm sure you will smash through that barrier darling! Just stay on here at the weekend - it usually helps you stay on plan I think xxxx

True and it's hard to always be good despite how fab the plan is! I'm sure you will smash through that barrier darling! Just stay on here at the weekend - it usually helps you stay on plan I think xxxx

I agree! I also keep a written food diary as well as my thread on here - it's just a 2014 page per day diary. I carry it with me everywhere I go, so even if I don't get chance to get on here I am still keeping a track of what I've had. I've only started the written diary since 2014 and I'm finding it's massively helping to keep me on track. I really do think that's what is helping me have more consistant losses this year. Thanks again for the advice and support lovely! xxxx

I agree! I also keep a written food diary as well as my thread on here - it's just a 2014 page per day diary. I carry it with me everywhere I go, so even if I don't get chance to get on here I am still keeping a track of what I've had. I've only started the written diary since 2014 and I'm finding it's massively helping to keep me on track. I really do think that's what is helping me have more consistant losses this year. Thanks again for the advice and support lovely! xxxx

I do that too and it really helps! It's also useful looking back through and thinking 'oh if I hadn't have had that then I could have had this....'

You're very welcome xxxx

Well done on this week's loss.

I agree about the mental aspect of the lowest weight. I found I was yo-yoing at certain weights - unconsiously I was 'rewarding' myself when the weight went down a bit, and then being very strict when it went back on again. For me, it's also a visual thing - you (and others) can see how different and how much better you look that you lose focus (I'm using the term 'you' generally).

I know you've got your overall target in mind - have you got a smaller one eg 11 st by Easter?

Well done on this week's loss.

I agree about the mental aspect of the lowest weight. I found I was yo-yoing at certain weights - unconsiously I was 'rewarding' myself when the weight went down a bit, and then being very strict when it went back on again. For me, it's also a visual thing - you (and others) can see how different and how much better you look that you lose focus (I'm using the term 'you' generally).

I know you've got your overall target in mind - have you got a smaller one eg 11 st by Easter?

Thanks Patty!

I definitely find myself rewarding myself when I get to this lowest weight. It's daft really, I shouldn't reward myself with food - I am not a dog. I think the fact that we are going out for tea on Valentines Day will keep me on the straight and narrow this week. Even though I'm going to stick to plan and make sensible choices, it's still a treat to be eating out and I think that will satisfy me. I am determined for another loss on Tuesday.

My goals at the minute are just 1lb a week, to get to that 10st target for my birthday. I'm also signed up to the February and Easter challenges, just to lose 1lb a week. I'm not sure I'll make the February one now - I was aiming for 4lb but gained 4.5lb last week and lost it this week, so technically have maintained - but at least it's something to aim for and to keep me focused. Even though I've fallen behind a bit, I won't give up. I'll keep pushing myself to get as close to my goals as possible.

I know I'm aiming for 1lb a week, but it would be quite nice if I could have a couple of slightly bigger losses too. Just to put myself ahead a bit, just in case. Im half a lb ahead of myself at the moment, but I was about 2-3lb ahead before my little slip up. I'd like to see if I can claw that back a little x

Oh my, creme egg brownies sound divine! You must post a pic so I can drool over them!! Warren is one lucky guy :)

X

They turned out a bit messier than I had planned!! The recipe says to make them in a tray and then cut them into little squares. But as it's Valentines I decided to make them in heart shaped silicone moulds. But they time I have iced them they look nothing like hearts now lol! They look so good though, the house smelled amazing last night! Have a few finishing touches to make tonight and then I will try and post some piccies xx

Morning diary, happy Thursday. It's very nearly the weekend - you can almost see it if you stand on your tippy toes :D

Had great fun making the brownies and shortbread last night. And I'm proud to report that not a single bowl, spoon or finger was licked! Although I was very tempted at times :giggle: All I really have left to do is add the caramel and chocolate toppings to the shortbread - I accidently burnt the caramel last night so my mam is going to get me some more ingredients today and I'll finish them off tonight. They look great. The brownies are a little messy looking, but I am sure it won't affect how they taste! I've made 6 big heart shaped creme egg brownies and 6 heart shaped shortbread biscuits. I had mixture from both leftover so I've made them and said my mam, dad and brother can have them - which they were all quite excited about. I really enjoy baking. I said to my mam last night that I think I will start once a week making a nice cake or something for them. Even if it's a SW friendly cake, then I could indulge in some too.

Going to have an Extra Easy day today. I had 3 of them last week and actually quite enjoyed them, so am trying to make them a more regular thing. I have one portion of the bolognese I made last week left in the freezer, which I'm going to have with some pasta tonight. I must make some more of it again soon, it's so tasty! Not sure what's going to be for lunch today, but I will update once I decide.

This is how today is looking...

Extra Easy

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:
- 2 x Plum (S)
- Lemon Greek Muller Light (0.5 Syns)
- Douwe Egberts Caramel Cappuccino (2 Syns)

Lunch:
- Plum (S)
- Tesco Falafel and Butternut Squash Salad
- Apple (S)
- Lemon Greek Muller Light (0.5 Syns)

Dinner:
- Pasta topped with "Best Ever Bolognese" (Extra Lean Mince, Onion (S), Carrot (S), Mushrooms (S), Peppers (S), Chopped Tomatoes (S) and Passata (S)) and Cheese (HExA)

Other:
- Mint Crunch HiFi (HExB)
- Cadbury Creme Egg Biscuit (4 Syns)

Healthy Extra A: 40g Reduced Fat Cheddar
Healthy Extra B: 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 7
Weekly Syns: 12 / 105

Last edited:
I love baking too! Have you tried the brownies? They are fab, I wouldn't use as much sweetener as the recipe said, I think I used about half a tub, you could use stevia or truvia for a healthier sweetener. But I enjoyed making them and they baked well. I fancy the Spanish orange cake from the slimming world website! also fancy the chocolate torte from there but nobody else would eat it so I'd basically just be making it for myself and that would be too dangerous lol! Loads of cakes on lifeline online for us though. My aunty who comes to my group now was just saying to me last night how I never used to be able to cook now you can't keep me out of the kitchen! Xx

Back