The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

Morning diary, happy Thursday. Nearly Friday, nearly!! :)

Just realised I've been with Warren for 6 months today. How quickly has that gone past!? It will be a year before we know it lol.

Oooh, some of you may have seen from my IG as well. But for those of you who haven't. I applied yesterday to have my story published in the SW magazine / website! My consultant persuaded me to fill in the online questionnaire and send off my before and after pictures. Well, before and during really as I'm not at target yet - apparently you don't have to be at target, just at a healthy BMI. Which I think I am just outside of, but if I lose on Tuesday I will be in the healthy range!! Anyway, I spent most of yesterday filling all of that stuff out and got it sent off last night. I know it's a long shot and that there are millions of people out there with more interesting and inspiring stories than mine, but it's worth a shot. It would be pretty cool if I did make it in! And it would be a perfect opportunity to big up Nic (my consultant) and my group, because without them I wouldn't be where I am now. So just have to wait now and see if I hear anything back!

Going to have a Green day today, because I am really fancying a falafel salad for lunch. This is how today is looking...

Green

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:
- Dorset Cereals Simply Delicious Muesli (HExB) topped with Strawberries (SS), Blueberries (S), Quark and Passionfruit (S)

Lunch:
- Tesco Falafel and Butternut Squash Salad
- Walkers Cheese and Onion French Fries (4 Syns)
- Apple (S)

Snack:

- Bowl of Strawberries (SS) and Blueberries (S) topped with Quark

Dinner:
- Roasted Pepper (S) stuffed with Red Lentil Chilli (Red Lentils (S), Mushrooms (S), Peppers (S), Red Onion (S), Heinz 5 Beans (S/SS) and Chopped Tomatoes (S)) and topped with Jalapenos (S) and Cheese (HExA). Served with Sweet Potato Wedges
- Rice pudding made with Milk (HExA) and Water. Topped with 1 x tbsp. Choc Shot (2 Syns)

Other:
- 2 x Mini Lindt Bunny (6 Syns)
- Berry Bakewell HiFi (HExB)

Healthy Extra A:
40g Low Low Grated Cheese & 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk
Healthy Extra B: 35g Dorset Cereals Simply Delicious Muesli & 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 12
Weekly Syns: 14 / 105

Last edited:
Oooh - exciting times! I think your's would be a brilliant story - lots of ups and downs (and I don't necessarily mean weight-wise!) but you've persevered and look at you now! It would be a brilliant antidote to many of the recent stories which seem to have featured people who have lost amazing amounts in no time at all which, as a slow loser myself, I don't find all that inspiring.

Good luck and I really hope they pick you and preferably for the magazine.

(PS Congratulations on this week's loss)

Aww thank you!! I have to admit I would love it if they picked me to go in the magazine :D

Some more good news as well - my boss has told me to take some more holidays. I'm meant to have 25 per year, but to cut a long story short they're going up to 31 in April. Anyway, he's told me to have 31 this year as well. I've already taken 23 days so far, so that means I've got 8 days left to take. So what I've decided to do is take the remaining Fridays and Mondays in March as Annual Leave. Which means I'll have done a 4 day week this week, a 3 day week for the next 3 weeks, and then a 3 day week at the end of March / beginning of April. Woop woop, looking forward to a bit of time off!

Helped loads thanks Stevie! All written down in my little book. Treated myself to a new book in paperchase to write all my foodie stuff down in :p

Ooo! It would be fab to see you in the magazine, I'm like that with my consultant she's amazing!!
And woop on the extra holidays!!!! I wish I had lots of holidays to take. I've got 4 days near the end of March, surrounding my best friends Hen do... so I'll probably just be dying for 4 days, especially as I hardly drink these days in comparison to before.

Your day looks scrumtious as always!

How do you make your red lentil chilli? It sounds lovely!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just the same as a normal chilli but instead of adding mince you add a handful or two of red lentils and simmer until they're cooked through :)

Ooo lentil chilli. I bet it's nice lentil and Quorn. Mmmmmmmm. Beautiful. Haha, it's making me hungry again reading good diaries.

Exciting news about the magazine! Hope they pick you out. Would be exciting someone from co.durham in it :)

good news about your holidays too, wish I got that many! When you work for a small business like me, you don't get a set amount really I've checked it all out with my aunty, who works for MENCAP and she said I'm getting what I'm entitled. I won't be working there forever though so I'll be joining you with all the hols!

Happy friday Hun it's nearly here! X

Morning diary, happy Thursday. Nearly Friday, nearly!! :) Just realised I've been with Warren for 6 months today. How quickly has that gone past!? It will be a year before we know it lol. Oooh, some of you may have seen from my IG as well. But for those of you who haven't. I applied yesterday to have my story published in the SW magazine / website! My consultant persuaded me to fill in the online questionnaire and send off my before and after pictures. Well, before and during really as I'm not at target yet - apparently you don't have to be at target, just at a healthy BMI. Which I think I am just outside of, but if I lose on Tuesday I will be in the healthy range!! Anyway, I spent most of yesterday filling all of that stuff out and got it sent off last night. I know it's a long shot and that there are millions of people out there with more interesting and inspiring stories than mine, but it's worth a shot. It would be pretty cool if I did make it in! And it would be a perfect opportunity to big up Nic (my consultant) and my group, because without them I wouldn't be where I am now. So just have to wait now and see if I hear anything back! Going to have a Green day today, because I am really fancying a falafel salad for lunch. This is how today is looking... Green (S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed Breakfast: - Dorset Cereals Simply Delicious Muesli (HExB) topped with Strawberries (SS), Blueberries (S), Quark and Passionfruit (S) Lunch: - Tesco Falafel and Butternut Squash Salad - Walkers Cheese and Onion French Fries (4 Syns) - Apple (S) Snack: - Bowl of Strawberries (SS) and Blueberries (S) topped with Quark Dinner: - Roasted Pepper (S) stuffed with Red Lentil Chilli (Red Lentils (S), Mushrooms (S), Peppers (S), Red Onion (S), Heinz 5 Beans (S/SS) and Chopped Tomatoes (S)) and topped with Jalapenos (S) and Cheese (HExA). Served with Sweet Potato Wedges - Rice pudding made with Milk (HExA) and Water. Topped with 1 x tbsp. Choc Shot (2 Syns) Other: - 2 x Mini Lindt Bunny (6 Syns) - Berry Bakewell HiFi (HExB) Healthy Extra A: 40g Low Low Grated Cheese & 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk Healthy Extra B: 35g Dorset Cereals Simply Delicious Muesli & 1 x HiFi Daily Syns: 12 Weekly Syns: 14 / 105
do you use pudding rice?

Hi Stevie... Love reading this thread even though I don't comment much on stuff, but could you please answer a question for me !!!!!.. I've lost 4 and 1/2 stone doing extra easy but can you please tell me what your Red and Green days are I don't fully understand them and I see you have them quite often... Fantastic weight loss you've achieved so far and like me you must be so proud of yourself ... Well take care and keep up the good work...
Paul x

Last edited:
do you use pudding rice?

Yup! I just used a couple of handfuls of pudding rice, 250ml milk (HExA), a couple of caps full of vanilla essence and a few tbsp sweetener. Then I just kept adding water to it as it was boiling and starting to get a bit thick. It takes ages to cook, as you cook it on low, so just keep an eye on it and keep adding water. It was gorgeous!

Hi Stevie... Love reading this thread even though I don't comment much on stuff, but could you please answer a question for me !!!!!.. I've lost 4 and 1/2lb doing extra easy but can you please tell me what your Red and Green days are I don't fully understand them and I see you have them quite often... Fantastic weight loss you've achieved so far and like me you must be so proud of yourself ... Well take care and keep up the good work...
Paul x

Hello Paul, thanks for reading and commenting! :)

Also well done on your loss, that's great!

I tend to do mostly Red and Green days, just because I like that you get two sets of Healthy Extra's - you can have 1 or 2 A's and 2 B's on either Red or Green days. Basically Green days are "veggie" days - any meat / fish needs to be Synned, or weighed out as a Healthy Extra. You can eat as much pasta, potato, rice, etc. as you like. And then Red days are the opposite! You can eat as much meat / fish as you like, but potato, pasta, rice, starchy veg (parsnips, peas, sweetcorn), etc. needs to be Synned or weighed out as a Healthy Extra.

Do you go to a group at all? If so, your consultant will be able to explain them better than I ever can! But that ^^^ is pretty much the basics up there. Or failing that, this thread is pretty useful: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

Hope that has helped a little :) x

Morning diary, happy Friday! And happy day off, woop!! Just laid in bed as I type this lol, lovely :)

Can't believe how hungry I was yesterday, I felt like I never stopped eating!! I never ever eat that much, I definitely had the munchies. All on plan and within my Syns though, so nothing to worry about. Although my scales are up to 11st 1.5lb this morning - yesterday they were only 11st 0.5lb. I know I'm naughty for looking, but I do like to have a rough idea of where I'm at. Think I am probably a bit bloated after my Green day yesterday, so good job it is back to Red days for the rest of the week now!

Anyway, this is how today is looking...

Red

Brunch:
- Bacon, Quorn Low Fat Sausages, Scrambled Eggs and Mushrooms (S)

Dinner (Nando's):
- Butterfly Chicken (3.5 Syns), Grilled Halloumi Cheese (3 Syns) and Mixed Leaf Salad (S)

Other:
- 2 x Rocky Road HiFi Light (HExB)
- 10 x Asda Chosen By You Flying Saucers (2 Syns)
- 13 x Asda Chosen By You Mini Marti's Bubblegum Flavour (6.5 Syns)
- Peanut Heaven HiFi (HExB)

Healthy Extra A:
250ml Semi Skimmed Milk
Healthy Extra B: 2 x HiFi Light & 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 15
Weekly Syns: 29 / 105

Last edited:
Morning Stevie, happy day off! (Not well jel at all, haha)

Again, your food sounds bloomin' gorgeous today, naughty you for checking the scales. Try and keep off them until WI because you may get yourself upset for no reason, silly.

Have a fab day :) xxx

Morning diary, happy Friday! And happy day off, woop!! Just laid in bed as I type this lol, lovely :)

Can't believe how hungry I was yesterday, I felt like I never stopped eating!! I never ever eat that much, I definitely had the munchies. All on plan and within my Syns though, so nothing to worry about. Although my scales are up to 11st 1.5lb this morning - yesterday they were only 11st 0.5lb. I know I'm naughty for looking, but I do like to have a rough idea of where I'm at. Think I am probably a bit bloated after my Green day yesterday, so good job it is back to Red days for the rest of the week now!

Anyway, this is how today is looking...

Red

Breakfast:
- Bacon, Quorn Low Fat Sausages, Scrambled Eggs and Mushrooms (S)

Lunch:
- Not sure yet, will see how hungry I am after my big breakfast. Maybe a piece of fruit or something, will update later!

Dinner:
- Chicken Fajitas (Chicken (S), Peppers (S) and Red Onion (S)) made with half a sachet of Discovery Mexican Fajita Mix (2 Syns). Served with a BFree Wrap (HExB), 2 x Discovery Taco Trays (4 Syns), Cheese (HExA) and Jalapenos (S)

Other:
- Chocolate Orange HiFi (HExB)

Healthy Extra A:
40g Low Low Grated Cheese
Healthy Extra B: BFree Multigrain Wheat & Gluten Free Wrap & 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 6
Weekly Syns: 20 / 105

Morning PS :), your food looks amazingly healthy and your doing so well on your syns. I've had a sneaky peak on the scales this week too, although I promised not too lol, it shows a sts but the same happened last week and I lost so I'm trying to stay positive, don't let the scales worry you either, we'll both have to wait until Tuesday :p. I've been drinking lots of water so am surprised why the scales haven't moved slightly. I hope you enjoy your day off and have a fab weekend ! I love those bfree wraps they are so yummy ! :D

Kay xx

I've eaten lots this week as well, it must be catching.
I'm sure it won't affect your weight loss so long as you stick with drinking plenty of water and snack on super free when you are hungry?
What are the quorn sausages like? I'm thinking of getting some this weekend as don't like having syns on my full english lol

I've eaten lots this week as well, it must be catching.
I'm sure it won't affect your weight loss so long as you stick with drinking plenty of water and snack on super free when you are hungry?
What are the quorn sausages like? I'm thinking of getting some this weekend as don't like having syns on my full english lol

I like them! But then I like most of the Quorn stuff lol. They're certainly not like a 'proper' sausage, but they're nice in their own way :)

I like the mince so I'm hoping similar kinda thing

Back