The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

Thanks everyone. On my mobile so finding it difficult to reply to you all individually, but generally...

The chocolate 'binge' did go ahead. All planned and within my Syns though. All written down and ending the week exactly on 105 Syns. So not worrying about it or going to beat myself up about it next week. Have to admit, I could eat a hell of a lot more. But I'm not going to. I'm not going to sabotage myself before the new week has even begun. What's the point? I can't even lose on a 100% week so what good would sabotaging myself do??

With regards to exercise, I really don't see how literally 50 minutes of swimming could make a difference. It's not even an hours worth in 7 days lol! Plus I drink loads of water - at least 2 litres a day. I just don't get my body at times.

As for the weight watchers digestives, I did expect them to be 2.5-3 Syns, but after checking both the app and the slimming world website they are coming up as 2 Syns.

Oh well. Tomorrow is a new week and a new start I guess!

I don't think the one exercise session should have affected it either. It's just our bodies don't always do what we want, it's a long journey and you're gonna have bad weeks where you've been 100% and not seen a loss.

I must have found the right biscuits then, it was gonna pick them up but thought they must be wrong! Never mind I'll have saved myself some pennies as can get them in poundland and they were dearer in asda x

Look at it this way Stevie, the scales are just a measly piece of machinery. You in yourself are a much happier, healthy person than when you first started SW. Your hormones moght he all over the place at this point in time, your body might be in shock from the swimming, or the scales just may be wrong.

If I can get over my gain, you can join me by forgetting about your maintain. We can do it lass!! :D xxx

I often get caught up in thinking the scale will reflect my week, but that's not always the case. Weight coming off can take a while.. I heard a quite good expression that made me feel better

"Your body does not know its weigh in day"

Ever had a maintain/gain and then the next day it's showing a loss or the gain is gone? Happens to me alot. Bodies don't think "better burn this fat off or shed this water weight by tues"

You'll prob see some sorta loss in a few days :) x

Morning diary. Still feeling a bit gutted about the maintain last night but hey, that's life! On reflection, two weeks ago I suffered a half lb gain under the same circumstances. So I suppose it could have been worse!

I have to say that I am incredibly proud of my actions last night. Yes I did have a lot of chocolate and sweeties, but I worked out how many Syns I had left, and chose carefully to make sure I did not take myself over that weekly limit of 105. I also found that I enjoyed what I had a hell of a lot more than I would have previously. In the past I'd have eaten all of that (and more!) on a weigh night "black hole" and not even given a second thought to it. I wouldn't have even enjoyed it and would have just shovelled it into my gob as quickly as I could, and then felt sick afterwards. But last night I took my time with it and really savoured my goodies. They lasted about two hours and I felt really satisfied, and not at all sick, afterwards. Everything accounted for and written down, both on here and in my physical food diary. NSV!

Have to admit to hopping on my scales this morning. I think last night is going to turn me into a serial weigher this week. I mean, I already do have the odd sneaky peek. But I think now I am going to want to be on the scales as much as possible to check how I'm getting on. I know it's not healthy though, so I will try and resist as much as I can. Anyway, still weighing 10st 13.5lb this morning, so still no movement.

The plan is to try and mix things up a bit this week, and I am going to try and incorporate more Extra Easy days. Lately I've been doing mostly Red, with the odd Green day thrown in, and maybe my body is getting comfortable with this routine? Maybe it needs a bit of a shake up?

Also, no exercise for me this week. Not really out of choice, but just because I won't get chance. I was going to start and go to classes again tonight with Katie, but it's her hubby's birthday so obviously she's giving it a miss until next Wednesday. And Warren has decided he's coming round tonight as well, as I didn't see him on Monday which is usually "our" night. I was also going to go swimming tomorrow night, but have some "girl problems" (might also explain the maintain last night?) so I can't really go. Will continue with my squats from home though - I have 150 to do today! I am noticing a bit of a difference though, my legs / bum definitely feel a bit firmer.

Anyway, enough rambling on. Let's crack on with this new week, starting with an EE day!

Extra Easy

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:
- Raspberries (SS) and Blueberries (S) topped with a Strawberry Danio (1 Syn)

Lunch:
- Ham slices and Carrot sticks (S) with Tesco Healthy Living Cottage Cheese
- Apple (S)

Dinner:
- Flattened Chicken Breast (S) topped with Tomato Puree (S), Mushrooms (S), Peppers (S), Red Onion (S) and 16g Mozzarella (2 Syns). Served with Sweet Potato Wedges and a Mixed Leaf Salad (S)
- Rice Pudding (Pudding Rice, Sweetener, Vanilla Essence and Milk (HExA)) topped with 1 x tbsp. Choc Shot (2 Syns)

Other:
- Special K Milk Chocolate Chewy Delight (HExB)

Healthy Extra A:
250ml Semi Skimmed Milk
Healthy Extra B: 1 x Special K Chewy Delight

Daily Syns: 5
Weekly Syns: 5 / 105

Last edited:
I think you're right incorporating the EE days in babe. I got into a routine of too much red and I wasn't shifting anything. The week I had fish week, I was having so many more carbs (rice for breakfast, potato with dinner etc) and ended up losing again!

Too much of anything isn't good and I think the same applies to red days! x

Look at it this way Stevie, the scales are just a measly piece of machinery. You in yourself are a much happier, healthy person than when you first started SW. Your hormones moght he all over the place at this point in time, your body might be in shock from the swimming, or the scales just may be wrong.

If I can get over my gain, you can join me by forgetting about your maintain. We can do it lass!! :D xxx

What a lovely positive entry !!!

Stevie, you know I think you are a star................so don't worry..........don't sweat the small stuff. STS is no big deal in the overall picture of what you have achieved.

I am guilty of being a serial weigher and the differences in what ones weighs say for example from one time of day to another is amazing.

In your position I would be disappointed but not worried. I would have a week of lots of SS and S foods and have lots of fishy days.

You know your body best and will do what is best for you.

hugs xxxxx

I'm also a serial weigher, yikes I feel like I should be at some form of weighers anonymous meeting!!!

I put my chocolate into 5syn bags, and I enjoy it much better knowing I'm not going to eat it all in one go, I feel more satisfied eating less & it lasting longer, I've still got Christmas chocolate left & it's almost Easter:D

I'm also a serial weigher, yikes I feel like I should be at some form of weighers anonymous meeting!!!

I put my chocolate into 5syn bags, and I enjoy it much better knowing I'm not going to eat it all in one go, I feel more satisfied eating less & it lasting longer, I've still got Christmas chocolate left & it's almost Easter:D

I too still have goodies leftover from Christmas, which is another mega proud of for me. As in the past I would have wolfed it all down within a week of Christmas and not even given any consideration to the amount of Syns!!

I did out my treat cupboard last week, and leftover from Christmas I still have: a huge Thorntons chocolate reindeer, a big Reeses peanut butter snowman, a big tube of Minstrels, an enormous bar of Galaxy chocolate, a big bag of Cadbury Wishes chocolate stars, and then various bags of sweeties such as fizzy bubblegum bottles, dolly mixtures, cola laces, etc. that were in my Christmas stocking.

That is in amongst all of my other "normal" goodies. And lots of Easter stuff that has started creeping in too - Mini Eggs, Creme Eggs (regular size and mini), Creme Egg biscuits, MaltEaster Bunnies, a big bar of Cadbury Hoppy Bunny chocolate...I have never had as much control as I have right now!!

Whoa, you've got some yummy treats there, hmmmmmmmmmmmm, I've got a chocolate orange, but you know it's 2.5syns per segment:eek: I can't bring myself to open it, lol x

oh..my...goddd... that is so high!!!! I ADORE these! I love the tins of segsations you get each year, especially the dark choc ones and the popping candy ones but everyone was under strict instructions not to bring them anywhere near my house this year or I literally would have eaten the lot! x

oh..my...goddd... that is so high!!!! I ADORE these! I love the tins of segsations you get each year, especially the dark choc ones and the popping candy ones but everyone was under strict instructions not to bring them anywhere near my house this year or I literally would have eaten the lot! x

Oooh yes I love them too!! And you've reminded me! I still have a popping candy Freddo left over from Christmas time too, and a Lindor "My Melting Moment". Mmmm, dont you just love Christmas goodies!? x

We have a million biscuits leftover from Xmas and sweets and whenever people come around, I'm like 'FEED THEM!'. We've even given stuff away! The only thing I won't sacrifice are roses but they're long gone ;) You have just reminded me that I have a Popping Candy Freddo in the freezer! Woohoo! He might make an appearance later on! xx

We have a million biscuits leftover from Xmas and sweets and whenever people come around, I'm like 'FEED THEM!'. We've even given stuff away! The only thing I won't sacrifice are roses but they're long gone ;) You have just reminded me that I have a Popping Candy Freddo in the freezer! Woohoo! He might make an appearance later on! xx

Ooh I couldn't bare to just give yummy stuff away like that!! I may not have eaten them yet, but I will at some point. I am NOT sharing. Plus they were gifts so that would be rude - or that's my excuse anyway! :D Lol xx

How was your meatzza the other day Stevie? I saw an unhealthy version on another social media site and it reminded me! The was a burger topped with pepporoni and cheese, using marinara sauce instead of ketchup and then put in a bun. Totally adaptable to SW and make me drool x

How was your meatzza the other day Stevie? I saw an unhealthy version on another social media site and it reminded me! The was a burger topped with pepporoni and cheese, using marinara sauce instead of ketchup and then put in a bun. Totally adaptable to SW and make me drool x

It was good! And so easy to make. I just mixed 500g EL mince with about a teaspoon each of garlic granules, onion granules, mixed herbs, chilli flakes and soy sauce. I just mixed it all up as if I was making burgers with it, and then i rolled it out with a rolling pin just to try and make it a consistant thickness. I pressed it into a round silicone quiche mould and topped with tomato puree, peppers, mushrooms, onions, and jalapenos. But you could add any toppings you like - I have some sliced chorizo in the freezer, I might add that next time! Then I popped it into the oven for about 20 minutes. I took it out and drained the fat, then I took it out of the mould and just popped it onto a lined baking tray, as it had started to hold its shape by this point. Topped with the mozzarella and popped back in for a further 10-15 minutes.

I think next time I would leave out the mixed herbs in the base, but other than that it was lovely! Too big to put in a bun though - it came out about the size of an 8" pizza or so. I just had it on a plate with some mixed leaves and balsamic vinegar. Very filling! x

Changing my healthy extras for the day, well my A choice anyway!

Was going to have 45g mozzarella on my pizza chicken, but now I am really fancying a nice bowl of rice pudding for afters so I want milk to make that instead. Synning 16g (2 Syns) mozzarella for my chicken and will have 250ml semi skimmed milk as my HExA.

Will have a tbsp choc shot (2 Syns) over my rice pudding and finish my day on 5 Syns.

Back