The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

Morning gang, happy Wednesday.

So, just a little update for you all. Went to group and faced the music last night - 5.5lb on, as expected! I had predicted 5 or 6lb on, and actually wouldn't have been surprised with half a stone, so I'm actually pretty happy with that. I did however have a 3lb gain last week as well, so it's a total gain of 8.5lb overall. This takes me back up to the heaviest I have been in a long while (11st 5.5lb), and also means that I no longer have my 4 or 3.5 stone awards.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not feeling guilty about it. I promised myself that I would just enjoy my weeks break and would deal with the consequences without beating myself up or feeling upset about it. It is, however, the kick up the backside that I wanted and needed so badly. I have never felt this excited about Slimming World in a long time, and I have actually been really looking forward to getting back on plan today. So I feel like my weeks break has worked in exactly the way I intended it to!

So then, line drawn under the last week. The last two weeks in fact! I'm treating this week as though it's my first ever week on plan and I'm going totally back to basics. I'm going back to Extra Easy, except for one Green day that I have planned this week. I sat down yesterday and wrote up my meal plan for the week, and I've really got some yummy food planned. Lots of SuperFree - which I have to admit I am craving after a week without it! And making the most of my Healthy Extras (as I'm used to having two lots on Red / Green days!). I'm also going to go back to counting up to 15 Syns a day, rather than just spreading the 105 over the week. Basically no cheating or tweaking the plan, just sticking to it how it is written in the "Bible" / Food Optimising book :giggle:

Would really really love 6lb off at the next WI on Tuesday. Okay, it may seem a bit ambitious. But I do like to push myself and aim high. 6lb would take me back down to the 10's, as I really don't like being back up in this higher stone range. The thing is, if I aim for 6lb I might end up getting 3 or 4lb off, which I would be thrilled about! But if I aimed for 2lb I might only get 1lb off. Which I would be disappointed with. If you can see my logic? The harder I push myself and the further I am, the better I am likely to do. "Reach for the stars, so if you fall you land on a cloud" are the lyrics from one of my old favourite songs (Kanye West!) and they've really helped inspire me and motivate me throughout this journey. I think they best sum up my theory above about pushing myself.

Anyway, enough rambling on. Lets get to the good part...the food!!

Extra Easy

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:
- Raspberries (SS) and Blueberries topped with a Blueberry Danio (3 Syns)

Lunch:
- M&S Delicious & Nutritious Beef Teriyaki Salad Bites in Mooli Ribbons with a Sweet Soy Dipping Sauce (2 Syns)
- Apple (S)

Dinner:
- Chilli (Extra Lean Beef Mince, Mushrooms (S), Peppers (S), Red Onion (S), Carrot (S), Celery (S), Chopped Tomatoes (S) and Red Kidney Beans (S)) served with a Roasted Pepper (S) stuffed with Savoury Rice, 2 x Discovery Taco Trays (4 Syns), Jalapenos (S) and Cheese (HExA)

Other:
- Chocolate Orange HiFi (HExB)

Healthy Extra A: 30g Red Leicester
Healthy Extra B: 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 9 / 15
Weekly Syns: 9 / 105

Food sounds yummy for today !!!
I love the m&s mooli ribbons yesterday I had the pork ones with sweet chilli sauce (need to check the syns ) there so yummy !!!
Food sounds yummy I've just made a load off chilli up ready for the freezer stock pile !!!

Food sounds yummy for today !!!
I love the m&s mooli ribbons yesterday I had the pork ones with sweet chilli sauce (need to check the syns ) there so yummy !!!
Food sounds yummy I've just made a load off chilli up ready for the freezer stock pile !!!

I love the mooli ribbons too, my fave low-Syn handy lunch! Just wish M&S wasn't so bloody expensive lol. The pork ones aren't as low in Syns hun - 6 Syns for the packet. They do a tuna one too which I believe is also only 2 Syns? I don't like pork and have never fancied the tuna ones, so I just tend to stick with the beef ones.

I am so looking forward to my chilli tonight! I made a big pan a couple of weeks back and I still have two or three portions in the freezer. I've had a box of the taco trays in the cupboard for ages as well, unopened, so I thought I'd finally have a couple of those. I'm so hungry today. With it being my first day back on plan it's as though my body is crying out for food. I've been eating what I want, when I want for the last week, so it's a big change but it will get easier as the week goes on. Anyway, that's why I thought the chilli would be good. A nice big hearty plate of food which is super low in Syns and will keep me full up all night. So excited!!

I love the mooli ribbons too, my fave low-Syn handy lunch! Just wish M&S wasn't so bloody expensive lol. The pork ones aren't as low in Syns hun - 6 Syns for the packet. They do a tuna one too which I believe is also only 2 Syns? I don't like pork and have never fancied the tuna ones, so I just tend to stick with the beef ones.

I am so looking forward to my chilli tonight! I made a big pan a couple of weeks back and I still have two or three portions in the freezer. I've had a box of the taco trays in the cupboard for ages as well, unopened, so I thought I'd finally have a couple of those. I'm so hungry today. With it being my first day back on plan it's as though my body is crying out for food. I've been eating what I want, when I want for the last week, so it's a big change but it will get easier as the week goes on. Anyway, that's why I thought the chilli would be good. A nice big hearty plate of food which is super low in Syns and will keep me full up all night. So excited!!

Omg didn't realise they were 6 syns !!!! Thanks hun !!!

Yeah I love them taco trays we have them with chilli quite often as there gluten free and my dd can have them :) plus only 2 syns each and they feel quite naughty !!!

Mooli ribbons? What are these?
I think I shall get myself off to marks and sparks food hall on the way home later, can you recommend anything else low syn?
The salad sounds good too. Really pushing myself with the superfree this week too.
I'm definitely the opposite to you. I get really disappointed when I don't get what I want on the scales, so if I aim for 4lb and only got 3lb I'd be in a massive moody strop. Haha.

Good luck with this week back on plan. You'll smash it as always.

Mooli ribbons? What are these?
I think I shall get myself off to marks and sparks food hall on the way home later, can you recommend anything else low syn?
The salad sounds good too. Really pushing myself with the superfree this week too.
I'm definitely the opposite to you. I get really disappointed when I don't get what I want on the scales, so if I aim for 4lb and only got 3lb I'd be in a massive moody strop. Haha.

Good luck with this week back on plan. You'll smash it as always.

I think mooli is part of the radish family? Only they are bigger. Basically it looks like sushi - the one I get is shredded Teriyaki beef with things like egg noodles, peppers, cucumber and beetroot wrapped in a thin ribbon of the mooli. It comes with cucumber slices and a little pot of sweet soy dipping sauce, and it is just 2 Syns for the whole thing. The pork version is 6 Syns and comes with carrot sticks and some other kind of dipping sauce. Not tried the tuna one so not sure what that comes with. The beef one is amazing though, definitely a favourite of mine. I've posted pics of it on my IG a few times before :)

Awww, you are too sweet!! Thanks babe.

Something will just click - it did for me. I know it's different for you, being at target. It must make it so much more difficult to find excitement and passion about the plan. I know lots of people who have reached target and have said that they are then stuck and feeling like "what's the point?" because they feel like they no longer have anything to aim for each week. You're doing a great job and you're maintaining beautifully, but I totally understand how frustrating it can be at times. Especially when you seem to lose all interest and excitement. Maybe you need a little break too? Now, I'm not suggesting you go and have a whopping gain like me :rolleyes: but maybe some freedom for a little while would do you some good? My consultant always talks about Slimming World being kind of like a corset. Sometimes we can do that corset up too tightly, and I guess that's when it takes the enjoyment out of the plan and makes it seem like so much more of a chore than it should. The great thing is that we're all on here to support each other, and you know that no matter how your journey goes. What you decide to do. Whether you lose, maintain or gain. We will all still be here rooting for you and wanting you to do well xx

Good to see you back!

This is exactly how I'm feeling lately! No enthusiasm because no matter what I do I'm gaining. That's why I fancy a little break too. My consultant talks about the corset too lol. X

I think mooli is part of the radish family? Only they are bigger. Basically it looks like sushi - the one I get is shredded Teriyaki beef with things like egg noodles, peppers, cucumber and beetroot wrapped in a thin ribbon of the mooli. It comes with cucumber slices and a little pot of sweet soy dipping sauce, and it is just 2 Syns for the whole thing. The pork version is 6 Syns and comes with carrot sticks and some other kind of dipping sauce. Not tried the tuna one so not sure what that comes with. The beef one is amazing though, definitely a favourite of mine. I've posted pics of it on my IG a few times before :)

If it's the vietnamese pork with sweet chilli dipping sauce it is also only 2 syns :)

If it's the vietnamese pork with sweet chilli dipping sauce it is also only 2 syns :)

They were on out interest table at group yesterday and it was pointed out that they were 6 Syns. I did think it was a bit bizarre that they could be so different from the beef / tuna ones. But as I don't eat pork I never really looked into it or double checked it. After seeing your post though I've just checked Syns online and you're right, only 2 Syns! :)

They were on out interest table at group yesterday and it was pointed out that they were 6 Syns. I did think it was a bit bizarre that they could be so different from the beef / tuna ones. But as I don't eat pork I never really looked into it or double checked it. After seeing your post though I've just checked Syns online and you're right, only 2 Syns! :)

I might give these a try, they sound yummy, I'd have either beef or pork ,
2 Syns sounds brilliant xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I might give these a try, they sound yummy, I'd have either beef or pork ,
2 Syns sounds brilliant xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm not a fan of pork so have never tried them. But I can vouch for the beef ones - they are delicious!! Xx

Cannot wait to try them. Going to buy some for Friday treat lunch since Marks and Sparks isn't budget lol

Morning diary, happy Thursday. Almost wrote Wednesday there! So happy it's getting so close to the weekend. I feel like I've not spent a weekend with Warren in ages. With him working funny continental shifts (4 on, 4 off), it's very rare that we get a full weekend together anymore. But this week he just so happens to be off Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. So very excited to stop at his and spend some time with him :D

Really enjoyed my first day back on plan yesterday. I have to admit, I did feel starving and as though I never stopped eating! But I know it was just my body having "withdrawal symptoms" from all of the rubbish I'd been feeding it last week. I filled myself up with lots of SuperFree yesterday and managed to stick to my 15 daily Syns. Considering it was the first EE day I'd had in a while, I was surprised. As I'm normally craving a second HExB! So feeling pleased about how it went and ready for another fab day on plan again today.

Had a little sneaky peek at my scales this morning, and they are now reading roughly 11st 2.5lb! Which is 3lb off from Tuesday, after just one day back on plan!! It just goes to show that a lot of my "gain" must have been water retention. Anyway, hoping for another 3lb off by next Tuesday so that I can be back in the 10's. Once upon a time I would have been thrilled to have been in the 11's. But now I've seen the 10's I hate that number lol!

Anyhoo, these are todays eats. Just about to tuck into breakfast as I write this...

Extra Easy

Breakfast:
- Raspberries (SS) and Blueberries topped with a Raspberry Danio (2.5 Syns)
- Apple (S)

Lunch:
- Leftover Savoury Rice with Mattessons Roast Chicken "Fridge Raiders" (2 Syns) and Roasted Vegetables (Peppers (S) and Red Onion (S))

Snacks:
- Banana (S)
- 1 x Honeycomb & Milk Chocolate Honey Monster "Stix" (2.5 Syns)

Dinner:

- Warm Chicken (S) and Bacon Salad (Mixed Leaves (S), Cucumber (S), Fresh Red Chilli (S), Roasted Peppers (S) and Red Onion (S)) with Grilled Halloumi (HExA) and 2 x tbsp. Lighter Than Light Mayo (1 Syn)
- Aldi Brooklea Fat Free Strawberry Greek Yogurt

Other:
- 3 x Weight Watchers Chocolate Digestive Biscuits (6 Syns)
- Peanut Heaven HiFi (HExB)

Healthy Extra A:
35g Halloumi
Healthy Extra B: 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 14 / 15
Weekly Syns: 29 / 105

Last edited:
Morning gang, happy Friday. Finally!! It didn't feel like Friday was ever going to arrive this week. But it has, woohoo!! And it's a gorgeous day too. I woke up this morning and thought I had slept in because it was so bright and sunny! But when I looked at my clock it was only 5.30am. It looks like it's going to be a lovely day, so I think I'll have an early finish today. We do flexi time here which is good - you can work whatever hours you want basically. So as long as I do my 37 hours per week I can come in / leave whenever. If I leave at 3pm today (normally leave around 3.45pm) I will still have done 37.35 hours this week, so that sounds good to me! I think the weathers forecast to be nice for the rest of the weekend actually.

Have to say that I'm loving being back on plan and still feeling very enthusiastic and positive. It's amazing what a little break away from the plan can do - I feel like I've rediscovered the wonders of Slimming World. Also the fact that I've been doing Extra Easy and sticking to it too. Because as you know, I mostly float between Red / Green days. Really enjoying it though!

Didn't have much planned for this weekend, apart from spending time with Warren, but we've decided to go out for tea tomorrow night. Just the usual, Nando's. But it will be nice for us to go out together. As I say, he's been working the majority of the weekends lately, so to have the full Friday night, Saturday and Sunday with him will be lovely! Anyway, I'm all planned for Nando's. Normally I would do a Red day and have butterfly chicken, grilled halloumi and mixed leaf salad. But I've decided to stick with EE and will still have butterfly chicken and mixed leaf salad, but will also get the corn on the cob with it too. Yummy!! Looking forward to that. Tonight is just going to be a chill night. As I say, this week has felt so long and I'm ready now to just chill and do nothing. Will finish work at 3pm, go home and have tea and a bath and then head round to his. Will just be watching the soaps tonight and try and fit some more Breaking Bad in too. I must sound really sad but I am so looking forward to it!!

Talking of sounding sad. I am so looking forward to breakfast. I have been craving Weetabix since last night, so instead of the usual fruit and yogurt I'm going to have that for breakfast instead.

Tea is a bit undecided as you can probably see below. There's a chicken breast in the fridge that my mam took out of the freezer for my brother, but realised he is working 6-12 tonight so he may not want it. I said that if he doesn't want it, I will have it to stop it being wasted. But if not I'll make myself some tuna crunch. Yum!

Anyway, enough ramblibg. Here's how today is looking. Have a great Friday all xx

Extra Easy

Breakfast:
- Weetabix (HExB) with Raspberries (SS), Blueberries and Milk (HExA)

Lunch:
- Mini Vegetable (Yellow / Green Peppers (S), Red Onion (S), Mushrooms (S) and Tomato (S)) Quiches with Baked Beans (SS)
- Strawberry Danio (1 Syn)

Dinner:
- 2 x Small Jacket Potatoes topped with Tuna Crunch (Tuna (S), Cucumber (S), Peppers (S), Red Onion (S), Fresh Red Chilli (S) and 2 x tbsp LTL Mayo (1 Syn)) and served with Mixed Leaves (S)

Other:
- Skinny Cappuccino Muller Light
- Weight Watchers Mini Chocolate and Honeycomb Pot Swirl (5 Syns)
- Salted Caramel HiFi (6 Syns)

Healthy Extra A: 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk
Healthy Extra B: 2 x Weetabix

Daily Syns: 13 / 15
Weekly Syns: 42 / 105

Last edited:
Well, it's decided! Mam has just text to say Joel will have the chicken breast. So tea will be tuna crunch. Looking forward to it, yum!!

Morning Stevie, you don't sound sad at all. Hope you have a fab weekend with Warren :)

Food looks delish as always, you're doing so well. Have you had a peak at the scales? Can't wait to read about your big loss next Tuesday xx

Morning Stevie, you don't sound sad at all. Hope you have a fab weekend with Warren :)

Food looks delish as always, you're doing so well. Have you had a peak at the scales? Can't wait to read about your big loss next Tuesday xx

Thanks hun, can't wait!

Had a little look at the scales this morning and they do seem to have dropped a little bit again. Yesterday they were 11st 2.6lb, and this morning they were 11st 2lb. Every little helps! Really would love a biggie at group on Tuesday but I'll take any loss and run! Just want to get the ball rolling again. I only need to lose roughly 2.5lb a week to hit my target / birthday goal, as I have 19.5lb to lose and 8 weeks until my birthday. So even if I lost 2.5lb, that would be a step in the right direction!

Have a great weekend Emma xx

Back