The Princess Diaries ♥ (DIARY CLOSED - LINK TO NEW DIARY ON LAST PAGE)

Princess_Stevie said:
Thank you everybody!! Half a freaking pound...OFF!! :D I don't know how I've managed to wangle that one as it was very unexpected and undeserved. But I am over the flipping moon! Now, big fat line drawn and ready to move on. Going to really push myself this week and lay off the alcohol and junk food! Thank you all so much for the fantastic support as always x

Well done!!!!!

Thank you everybody!! Half a freaking pound...OFF!! :D I don't know how I've managed to wangle that one as it was very unexpected and undeserved. But I am over the flipping moon! Now, big fat line drawn and ready to move on. Going to really push myself this week and lay off the alcohol and junk food! Thank you all so much for the fantastic support as always x

I do LOVE it when that happens !!! Well done !:clap:

Thank you lovely ladies!! I have no idea how I managed to wangle that one last night, but I know that I will not get away with it forever. I need to put a stop to it - it is not healthy to have such binges every weekend.

I now have 6 weigh in's before I jet off to sunny Marmaris, so I'm determined to reign things back in from now until then. I'd love to get to my 3st Award by then, but I realise that it is quite optimistic. Nevertheless, I am going to push myself. I have got my focused head on and I'm ready to do this.

So, here we go. Day 1 of being 100%...

(S)
= Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:
- Apple (S), Strawberries (SS), Blueberries and Grapes

Lunch:
- Salad (Lettuce (S), Carrot (S), Cucumber (S), Celery (S), Onion (S) and Sweetcorn) with sliced HB Egg and Tesco Light Choices Cottage Cheese

Dinner:
- Chicken and Vegetable (Mushrooms (S), Peppers (S), Red Onion (S), Mangetout (S) and Baby Sweetcorn (S)) Stir-Fry (S) with Rice

Other:
- Cadbury Highlights Hot Chocolate (2 Syns)
- Milk (HExA) blitzed with a Cadbury Light Mousse (3 Syns)
- 2 Rocky Road HiFi Lights (HExB)

Healthy A: 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk
Healthy B: 2 x HiFi Light

Daily Syns used: 5 / 15
Weekly Syns used: 5 / 105

Last edited:
Well that's the hardest part done! I've had such a great day today and can happily say I have been 100% on plan! Yay :D

Have given myself a right kick up the backside and have had such a productive night tonight. First off I made the BNS & Red Pepper Soup from the SW website. I've had a BNS sat in the cupboard for a few weeks now and have been meaning to try out the recipe. So that's tomorrows lunch sorted!

Then I made the most gorgeous chicken and vegetable stirfry and rice for tea :drool: it was delish!
StirFry.jpgIMG-20120718-00182.jpg

And finally I have blitzed myself a 3 Syn chocolate milkshake..:eek:..how amazing is that!? I looove chocolate milkshakes, and when I realised I hadn't used my A choice for the day I was over the moon! Just blitzed up 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk and a Cadbury Light Mousse and voi la!
Chocolate Milkshake.jpg

Today has left me feeling really refreshed and motivated, and I am determined to continue the rest of the week in exactly the same positive way that I have started. So, here's to tomorrow!

Last edited:
Hello :)new to the sw boards and here to follow! Your food looks yum! Shall have to try that milkshake one time :)x

Hello there! Welcome to the boards, and thanks for visiting my diary :) I have had a bit of a blip at the moment with not recording foods etc. so I am hoping to get back into the swing of things, with pictures included!

The milkshake was absolutely fantastic!! Tasted like a proper chocolate milkshake, and it felt sooo naughty! For 3 Syns you can’t go wrong.

Hope you are enjoying SW and getting on well! X

That stir fry looks gorgeous! Recipe please??

Thank you! Oooh, it was very tasty indeed and so simple to make! Literally took me about 15 minutes.

I just chopped a chicken breast, red onion, yellow pepper and a handful of mushrooms. Add to a pan with FryLight and fry gently. Once the chicken is cooked and the vegetables have began to soften, add a handful of mangetout and baby sweetcorn and allow to heat through. Add a sprinkling of chinese 5 spice and a few splashes of soy sauce, and stir well. Voi la, simple as that! I served mine with some oriental microwave rice (rice with mushrooms, onions and peas), but I often serve it mixed with noodles instead.

Enjoy x

Feeling on top of the World after such a great day on plan yesterday! I'm feeling super prepared and organised, which I definitely think is the key to success with SW.

I am so looking forward to the BNS & Red Pepper Soup I made last night. I have brought a big bowl full with me to work for lunch, and I can't wait to tuck in! :drool:

Hope everyone is having a great week, and good luck to anyone who is weighing in today!

(S)

Breakfast:
- Strawberries (SS), Bluberries and Grapes
- Banana

Lunch:
- Butternut Squash and Red Pepper Soup (S) with a Weight Watchers Petit Pain (HExB)
- Carrot Sticks (S)

Dinner:
- Chicken Breast (S) stuffed with Cheese (HExA) and wrapped in Bacon. Served with Potato Rounds, Mangetout (S), Baby Sweetcorn (S), Roasted Mushrooms (S) and Cherry Tomatoes (S)
- Strawberries (SS) and Cherries (S) topped with 0% Greek Yogurt and Sweetener
IMG-20120719-00185.jpgIMG-20120719-00187.jpg

Other:
- Vanilla MullerLight
- Rocky Road HiFi Light (3 Syns)
- Cadbury Highlights Hot Chocolate (2 Syns)

Healthy A: 45g Reduced Fat Cheddar
Healthy B: Weight Watchers Petit Pain

Daily Syns used: 5 / 15
Weekly Syns used: 10 / 105

Last edited:
Thanks Princess, I have all those ingredients, but I never mix my five spice and soy sauce, I do one or the other so I'll try that tomorrow night for tea! Tonight is SW spag Bol made with courgettes and carrots to bulk it out, my daughters love it, although doubt my friends will appreciate the garlic breath at bingo tonight!

Thanks Princess, I have all those ingredients, but I never mix my five spice and soy sauce, I do one or the other so I'll try that tomorrow night for tea! Tonight is SW spag Bol made with courgettes and carrots to bulk it out, my daughters love it, although doubt my friends will appreciate the garlic breath at bingo tonight!

Oh really!? I find it too dry without the soy sauce, and the 5 spices just gives it that extra dimension of flavour. I really enjoyed it. I have it quite often, but last night was the first time I'd added the mangetout and baby sweetcorn - it gave it that extra crunch!

Mmm haven't had spag bol in ages! Have never thought of adding carrot to it, although I'm not keen on courgette. I'm quite a fussy eater lol, I usually just make a bog standard bolognese. Agree on the garlic breath though lol! I have to really scrub my teeth as I add loads of chilli and garlic to pretty much everything lol!

I add a touch of water so it isn't too dry when just using five spice!
I got the recipe from the magazine, not current but the one before, kids wolfed it down and now love it more than my previous recipe!

I add a touch of water so it isn't too dry when just using five spice!
I got the recipe from the magazine, not current but the one before, kids wolfed it down and now love it more than my previous recipe!

I have a load of the magazines and recipe books but have not yet tried any of them! I tend to just chuck a load of ingredients together and see how it turns out. Think I will have a look at some other recipes though as eating the same stuff all of the time can become boring and I know it will cause me to fall off the plan.

My Aunty did SW a few years ago, before Extra Easy was around, and she has passed me down one of her recipe books she bought. It looks fantastic, it's called "Slimming World with Family and Friends" and has some fantastic recipes in for everyday favourites. I think I'll start going through that, checking the Syn values are still correct, and trying out some of the yummy looking recipes! :)

apart from the 20cals = 1 syn rule how else do you work out syn values please? ......looking good stevie will be trying your stir fry soon too x

apart from the 20cals = 1 syn rule how else do you work out syn values please? ......looking good stevie will be trying your stir fry soon too x

The 20 calories = 1 Syn only works on foods that have no free food allowance, i.e crisps, chocolate, biscuits, etc. For everything else you need to go onto the Slimming World website and use the Syns calculator or Syns Online. If you dont have access to the Slimming World site (if you're doing it from home and are not a member) then you're probably best going onto the Syns subforum on here and asking in there, there is always someone around to help! :) x

Morning everyone, Happy Friday!! Very pleased to report another completely 100% day yesterday :) I'm over the moon. Although the real test will be the weekend, but I'm determined to do it. I really want a good loss on Tuesday.

My younger cousin is 18 tomorrow, so all of the family are going out for a meal tonight. We're going to La Spaghettata in Durham and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm determined not to let it throw me off track though, so I've pre-ordered. I'm being really good and skipping the starter, and then for my main I've chosen Penne Arrabiatta as I know that it is probably one of the lowest Syn Italian dishes. I'm not sure exactly how many Syns it will be (I'm guessing around 6 or so for a tbsp oil), but I'm going to over-estimate it at my full 15 Syns, just to be on the safe side! Have also avoided ordering a dessert (very hard to do as I looove tiramisu!), but I'm going to keep my HExB and have two of the Rocky Road HiFi Lights when I get home. Will be sticking to diet coke all night too, so that is me sorted :)

Hope everyone else has a really great Friday!

(S)

Breakfast:
- Melon (SS), Strawberries (SS) and Blueberries topped with 0% Greek Yogurt
- Banana

Lunch:
- Butternut Squash & Red Pepper Soup (S)
- Carrot Sticks (S)

Dinner:
- Salad bar (Lettuce (S), Cucumber (S), Tomato (S), Butterbeans and Sweetcorn)
- Penne Arrabiatta (15 Syns?) topped with Parmesan (HExA)

Other:
- Couple slices of Ham
- 2 x Rocky Road HiFi Light (HExB)

Healthy A: 30g Parmesan
Healthy B: 2 x HiFi Light

Daily Syns used: 15 / 15
Weekly Syns used: 25 / 105

Last edited:
Enjoy your meal, good choices there! I have a hankering for a bacon, egg and mushroom sarnie as only had fruit for brekkie, so having a full English with only sausages and butter to syn and having toast as my HEB today!

Back