The Princess Diaries ♥ (DIARY CLOSED - LINK TO NEW DIARY ON LAST PAGE)

Thanks everyone for the comments. I am well and truly in the zone at the moment. 4lb is one of the biggest gains I've ever had, so it's really given me a kick up the backside. Never again!!

Had a really good day on plan yesterday. I found myself stuffed from all of the SuperFree I am eating, which is a good thing! I decided to give OatBran another go this week too, and this time around I am really enjoying it! Especially topped with Cadbury Philly and a sliced banana, mmm it is a taste sensation!

I am eating out at Pizza Express for lunch today, as it is a friend/colleagues Birthday. I have been before and went for the Pollo Pancetta Salad. I am going to make it Syn Free (I believe) by omitting the pancetta, and asking for the dressing and ricotta shavings to be served on the side. I will leave the dough sticks. I am going for another great day today, and nothing is going to stop me :D

(S)
= Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:
- Apple (S), Strawberries (SS), Blueberries and Grapes
- Banana
- Cranberry & Yogurt HiFi Light (HExB)

Lunch:
- Pizza Express: Pollo Pancetta Salad (Chicken (S) salad with sweet peppadew peppers (S), sweet baby onions (S), vine tomatoes (S), cucumber (S), peppers (S), basil and mint)
- Caramel & Chocolate HiFi Light (HExB)
- Vanilla MullerLight

Dinner:
- Carrot Sticks (S)
- Butternut Squash and Red Pepper Soup (S)

Other:
- Banana
- Rocky Road HiFi Light (3 Syns)
- Cadbury Highlights Hot Chocolate (2 Syns)

Healthy A:
Healthy B: 2 x HiFi Light

Daily Syns used: 5 / 15
Weekly Syns used: 10 / 105

Last edited:
Hiya Stevie ...

I think you're going for GOLD this week too :character00115: LOL !!!

Just wanted to ask about you're buttnernut squash and pepper soup - do
you roast your veggies first then add them to stock or do you just bung
it all in ???

Have a good day !!

Hiya Stevie ...

I think you're going for GOLD this week too :character00115: LOL !!!

Just wanted to ask about you're buttnernut squash and pepper soup - do
you roast your veggies first then add them to stock or do you just bung
it all in ???

Have a good day !!

Thanks Shaz!! :D

Oooh, it's so easy to make and so tasty too!! I just chop up two red peppers and place them on a baking tray with FryLight and a sprinkling of garlic & chilli flakes. While that is roasting away in the oven chop up one butternut squash (excellent Body Magic lol!), and one onion. In a large soup pan, with FryLight, soften the onion. Once softened, add the butternut sqaush - stirfrying so that it doesn't burn. After a couple of minutes, add 1 pint of vegetable stock and 1 pint of boiling water. The pepper should now be done. Remove this from the oven and add to the soup pan. Bring to the boil and then allow to gently simmer until the butternut squash is cooked through. Season with more garlic/chilli to taste, and blitz the whole lot! As simple as that :)

mmmmm I love butternut any shape or form lol hope your havin a good day Stevie ..enjoy your lunch out x

mmmmm I love butternut any shape or form lol hope your havin a good day Stevie ..enjoy your lunch out x

Thanks Jem! I had a lovely time and really enjoyed my salad. Most of the others had pizzas, but I know that staying in control and seeing a good loss on Tuesday will mean more to me than a measly pizza :) x

Thanks Shaz!! :D

Oooh, it's so easy to make and so tasty too!! I just chop up two red peppers and place them on a baking tray with FryLight and a sprinkling of garlic & chilli flakes. While that is roasting away in the oven chop up one butternut squash (excellent Body Magic lol!), and one onion. In a large soup pan, with FryLight, soften the onion. Once softened, add the butternut sqaush - stirfrying so that it doesn't burn. After a couple of minutes, add 1 pint of vegetable stock and 1 pint of boiling water. The pepper should now be done. Remove this from the oven and add to the soup pan. Bring to the boil and then allow to gently simmer until the butternut squash is cooked through. Season with more garlic/chilli to taste, and blitz the whole lot! As simple as that :)

Sounds yum - well def try this - thanks hun

Really like the sound of the butternut squash soup, I did like the mushroom one you did before, only problem is i never finish it before it starts to go funny lol how much does this recipe make? Think there would only be me in the house that would eat it don't think anyone else likes butternut squash. I could always half the ingredients I suppose. Really wanna try it!

Oh and the pizza express salad actually sounds lovely!!

Did you post the roulade recipe yet stevie? I can't see it. X

Oops no, I think I forgot to post it!! Thanks for reminding me hun. Here it is, as promised:

- 25g wholemeal flour (4 Syns)
- 5 tsp reduced fat cocoa (5 Syns)
- 1tsp baking powder (1 Syn)
- 4 small eggs
- 4 heaped tbsp artificial sweetener

1. Whisk the eggs with the sweetener until thick and creamy.
2. Whisk in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
3. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper and spray with FryLight.
4. Spread the mixture evenly over the baking paper and place in the oven on gas mark 6/200c for 8-10 minutes.
5. Once done, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
6. For the filling, mix together a Muller Light (you can use any flavour - I used raspberry and cranberry) and half a tub of Quark.
7. Once the sponge is completely cool, spread with the Quark/Muller Light mixture and top with fruit of your choice (I used strawberries and raspberries).
8. Roll the sponge up into a roulade and allow to chill in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.

It really is as simple as that! I'm going to try and make some different versions of this too. I'm going to make one without the cocoa powder and with extra flour and vanilla essence. Then I'm going to use a toffee Muller Light with the Quark and fill it with sliced bananas - kind of like a banoffee pie/cake/thing! :drool:

Really like the sound of the butternut squash soup, I did like the mushroom one you did before, only problem is i never finish it before it starts to go funny lol how much does this recipe make? Think there would only be me in the house that would eat it don't think anyone else likes butternut squash. I could always half the ingredients I suppose. Really wanna try it!

Oh and the pizza express salad actually sounds lovely!!

Well in my house it doesn't last two minutes lol! There's only me that eats it, but I like big bowls full of it to keep me going. I find I get 2 or 3 big bowls out of the recipe :)

The salad was gorgeous! It came with 4 warm dough sticks which were soo hard to resist, but I managed. Nothing will ever taste as good as losing weight feels!

Morning all, and Happy Friday! :D Hope you're all having a great week so far.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I don't know if I mentioned it, but I had worked at Peters bakers for the last 4 and a half years. Unfortunately, as you may have seen on the news, 34 branches have been shut as of Monday - mine being one of them. Whilst I am disappointed, I am also quite pleased in a way. It will give me more of a "life", as my only day off was a Sunday and I used to spend that pretty much catching up on sleep! So this week will be the first week without my Saturday job. I guess it will feel pretty strange, but I'm looking forward to being able to do more with my weekends. Tomorrow night I'm going to see the new Batman film, and I can't wait!

Have been so good this week and have stuck to my little 'Success Express with a twist" plan really well. I'm hoping to continue to do so over the weekend, as I really don't want anything to get in my way. I'm so determined to do well this week. It was so embarrassing and shocking to have gained 4lb, it's really given me the kick up the backside I needed. Have also managed to keep off the scales which is good. My biggest mistake last week was sneak peeking, so I'm pleased I've managed to keep off them so far.

Hope everyone has a brill weekend, whatever you are up to!

(S)

Breakfast:
- 2 x Satsuma (S)
- Apple (S), Strawberries (SS), Blueberries and Grapes

Lunch:
- 2 x OatBran (HExB) topped with 2 x LCL (HExA) and Cherry Tomatoes (S)
- Chicken Salad (Chicken Breast (S), Fennel (S), Cucumber (S), Celery (S) and Apple (S))
- Fruit Salad (Melon (SS), Mango, Watermelon and Grapes)

Dinner:
- Pasta and Vegetables (Peppers (S), Mushrooms (S) and Red Onion (S)) in a Cheese (HExA) and Tomato Sauce

Other:
- 3 x OatBran (HExB) topped with Cadbury Philly (4.5 Syns) and a chopped Banana
- 1 x Sugar Free Werthers Original (0.5 Syns)

Healthy A: 5 x Laughing Cow Light Cheese Triangles
Healthy B: 5 x OatBran

Weekly Syns used: 15 / 105

Last edited:
Looks like you've got a great weekend planned, really hope you enjoy your first weekend free of your saturday job :D

Absolutely loving your drive and determination Stevie, your diary always makes me feel so positive and upbeat, can't wait to see how well you do at wi next week :D

reading your diary always gives me the boost and motivation that I need....you are always so happy n cheerful that it makes me smile ...I hope you enjoy your weekend and the film ... x

Oops no, I think I forgot to post it!! Thanks for reminding me hun. Here it is, as promised:

- 25g wholemeal flour (4 Syns)
- 5 tsp reduced fat cocoa (5 Syns)
- 1tsp baking powder (1 Syn)
- 4 small eggs
- 4 heaped tbsp artificial sweetener

1. Whisk the eggs with the sweetener until thick and creamy.
2. Whisk in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
3. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper and spray with FryLight.
4. Spread the mixture evenly over the baking paper and place in the oven on gas mark 6/200c for 8-10 minutes.
5. Once done, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
6. For the filling, mix together a Muller Light (you can use any flavour - I used raspberry and cranberry) and half a tub of Quark.
7. Once the sponge is completely cool, spread with the Quark/Muller Light mixture and top with fruit of your choice (I used strawberries and raspberries).
8. Roll the sponge up into a roulade and allow to chill in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.

It really is as simple as that! I'm going to try and make some different versions of this too. I'm going to make one without the cocoa powder and with extra flour and vanilla essence. Then I'm going to use a toffee Muller Light with the Quark and fill it with sliced bananas - kind of like a banoffee pie/cake/thing! :drool:

Well in my house it doesn't last two minutes lol! There's only me that eats it, but I like big bowls full of it to keep me going. I find I get 2 or 3 big bowls out of the recipe :)

The salad was gorgeous! It came with 4 warm dough sticks which were soo hard to resist, but I managed. Nothing will ever taste as good as losing weight feels!
Saved the roulade recipe and the soup recipe on my blackberry! Will no doubt make them. Been eyeing up the butternut squash soup for ages lol
Ill try and make a less quantity of the soup though lol
Well done for resisting the dough sticks, white bread stuff is the worst to resist. Especially pizza!! Although I did find a pizza replacement, on weigh in night this week I made a pizza with a warburtons thin :) lovely and only 5 syns when using hexa cheese! :)

Wow, it feels so weird waking up and not having to go to work today. It's like the end of an era! I'm hoping that it won't throw me off plan - I'm determined not to let it!

Not really a lot to say this morning, will update as the day goes on. Have a great weekend everyone :)

(S)

Breakfast:
- 2 x Weight Watchers Premium Pork Sausages (1 Syn) and 3 rashers of Bacon served with Grilled Mushrooms (S), Onions (S) and Cherry Tomatoes (S)

Lunch:
-

Dinner:
-

Other:
- 2 x Rocky Road HiFi Light (HExB)
- Salt & Vinegar Velvet Crunch (4 Syns)

Healthy A:
Healthy B: 2 x HiFi Light

Weekly Syns used: 15 / 105

How was your weekend Stevie? Hope you made the most of it. Thanks for the roulade recipe. Im saving it for a weekend with guests now. I had wanted to make it this weekend for sunday lunch at the inlaws but wasnt feeling very well on Saturday so they ended up with cornflake cakes!!

Hope youre still on track this week. I really need to take a leaf out of your book. My good intentions last no more than two days just recently - im getting nowhere. keep inspiring me please.

Back