The Princess Diaries ♥ (DIARY CLOSED - LINK TO NEW DIARY ON LAST PAGE)

Morning everyone! Hope you're all okay. I am feeling tip top this morning after a great day on plan yesterday :D

Today is my Mam's 50th Birthday, so we will be having an Indian takeout tonight. I am going to be super good all day, and make sensible choices tonight. I am already thinking of having the tandoori chicken which is a dry dish, and asking them to cook it with as little oil/ghee as possible. I will have this with mushroom rice. The main components are all free foods, so it will just be the oil that needs Synning - I am guessing around 6 Syns for oil, but will have a good look at it when it comes and make judgement. Will also be allowing myself a glass or two of wine. I drink Fairhills Fair & Light Fruity Rose (5.5% alcohol) which works out at 5.5 Syns per 250ml. Mixed with soda this will give me two glasses! :)

Really looking forward to tonight. The only thing missing is my brother, who has just jetted off to Magaluf this morning for a friends stag do! For her birthday, my brother and I paid for my Mam to have acrylic nails done for the first time. She'd never had them done before and had always fancied them, so I thought it would be a nice treat! And she loves them. And at her meal on Saturday night we had bought two of those huge number balloons, a '5' and a '0' - she loves balloons and decorations and anything like that, so she was chuffed. They are enormous! I have given her her card this morning, and she thinks that that is all she is getting. However, I have her surprise photo/scrap book to give her tonight! I am excited for her to see it. It has lots of old photos in from her childhood, to getting married, and having us kids. It has photo's of us from Saturday night too. I hope she loves it!

Well, best go get some work done! Have a great day everyone x

(S)
= Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:
- Banana
- Apple (S)
-
Strawberries (SS), Blueberries and Grapes

Lunch:
- Creamy Pasta Bake (Peppers (S), Onion (S), Mushrooms (S), Chopped Tomatoes (S), Chilli (S) Garlic, and Quark) topped with Cheese (HExA). Served with Rocket (S), Cucumber (S) and Tomatoes (S)
- 1 x Rocky Road HiFi Light (1/2 HExB)

Dinner (Indian Takeout):
- Tandoori Chicken (Chicken (S), Onions (S) and Peppers (S)) (6 Syns for oil?) with homemade Mushroom Rice (S)
- 250ml Fairhills Fair & Light Fruity Rose (5.5% alcohol) with Soda (5.5 Syns)

Healthy A: 30g Cheddar
Healthy B: 2 x HiFi Light

Daily Syns used: 11.5 / 15

Last edited:
Princess_Stevie said:
Morning everyone! Hope you're all okay. I am feeling tip top this morning after a great day on plan yesterday :D

Today is my Mam's 50th Birthday, so we will be having an Indian takeout tonight. I am going to be super good all day, and make sensible choices tonight. I am already thinking of having the tandoori chicken which is a dry dish, and asking them to cook it with as little oil/ghee as possible. I will have this with mushroom rice. The main components are all free foods, so it will just be the oil that needs Synning - I am guessing around 6 Syns for oil, but will have a good look at it when it comes and make judgement. Will also be allowing myself a glass or two of wine. I drink Fairhills Fair & Light Fruity Rose (5.5% alcohol) which works out at 5.5 Syns per 250ml. Mixed with soda this will give me two glasses! :)

Really looking forward to tonight. The only thing missing is my brother, who has just jetted off to Magaluf this morning for a friends stag do! For her birthday, my brother and I paid for my Mam to have acrylic nails done for the first time. She'd never had them done before and had always fancied them, so I thought it would be a nice treat! And she loves them. And at her meal on Saturday night we had bought two of those huge number balloons, a '5' and a '0' - she loves balloons and decorations and anything like that, so she was chuffed. They are enormous! I have given her her card this morning, and she thinks that that is all she is getting. However, I have her surprise photo/scrap book to give her tonight! I am excited for her to see it. It has lots of old photos in from her childhood, to getting married, and having us kids. It has photo's of us from Saturday night too. I hope she loves it!

Well, best go get some work done! Have a great day everyone x

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:
- Banana
- Apple (S)
- Strawberries (SS), Blueberries and Grapes

Lunch:
- Creamy Pasta Bake (Peppers (S), Onion (S), Mushrooms (S), Chopped Tomatoes (S), Chilli (S) Garlic, and Quark) topped with Cheese (HExA). Served with Rocket (S), Cucumber (S) and Tomatoes (S)

Dinner (Indian Takeout):
- Tandoori Chicken (Chicken (S), Onions (S) and Peppers (S)) with Mushroom Rice (S) (6 Syns for oil?)
- 250ml Fairhills Fair & Light Fruity Rose (5.5% alcohol) with Soda (5.5 Syns)

Daily Syns used: 11.5 / 15

Oh and where do you buy that rose from? I love rose but my usual is 9 Syns for 250ml!

Oh and where do you buy that rose from? I love rose but my usual is 9 Syns for 250ml!

Oooh, I'm not sure! I think it was Tesco's, my Dad bought it. I think it was on offer at some point, you know 3 for £10. We stocked up thinking we would have a BBQ for my Birthday and then the weather turned out a bit naff so we went for a meal instead. Look out for any 5.5% wine though, it's a "bargain" at 5.5 Syns per 250ml! Mixed with soda water that would easily do me two glasses, yum! x

Stevie that sounds like an amazingly thoughtful present, she'll absolutely love it :D

Looks like you've made some good choices to stay on plan today, hope you have a lovely night xx

Happy Birthday to your Mam, enjoy your takeaway :D x

Thanks everyone, I can't wait to give my Mam her photo album. She opened all of her cards and presents off people this morning, so as far as she knows it is all over and done with. I am going to play it cool tonight and then after our Indian I'm going to surprise her with it :D

Oooh no! My consultant has just informed me that mushroom rice is mixed with quite a bit of oil, so that's that idea out of the window! Guess I will have to swap to boring old plain rice instead :giggle: I am thinking I may grill some chopped up mushrooms and mix them in with the rice to jazz it up a bit! I am so disappointed.

Princess_Stevie said:
Oooh no! My consultant has just informed me that mushroom rice is mixed with quite a bit of oil, so that's that idea out of the window! Guess I will have to swap to boring old plain rice instead :giggle: I am thinking I may grill some chopped up mushrooms and mix them in with the rice to jazz it up a bit! I am so disappointed.

Could you not get some mushroom bachelors rice? Add a few mushrooms yourself and voila, very tasty!

Got my mouth watering for my Indian meal on Saturday night!

Could you not get some mushroom bachelors rice? Add a few mushrooms yourself and voila, very tasty!

Got my mouth watering for my Indian meal on Saturday night!

Good idea but it would be a bit of a faff on really, would have to go to Tesco before heading home. I was just planning on getting the bus straight home, having a nice bath and getting my PJ's on and then ordering our meal. Will just order plain boiled rice and grill some mushrooms before hand to stir through. Nevermind! I will still enjoy it, as it is a treat and something I don't have very often! :drool:

have a lovely night and enjoy your takeaway, your mum will love her present ....it's a sort of " This is your life" pressie...great idea x

Everytime I have an indian I never lose well, my body is stupid!! I always pick low syn rogan josh with chicken, and vegetable pilau. Maybe I'm TOO good when I have an indian lol but seriously, mushroom pilau is only about 2 1/2 syns per portion (just half what you get from the take away) its really low x hope you enjoy! X

Everytime I have an indian I never lose well, my body is stupid!! I always pick low syn rogan josh with chicken, and vegetable pilau. Maybe I'm TOO good when I have an indian lol but seriously, mushroom pilau is only about 2 1/2 syns per portion (just half what you get from the take away) its really low x hope you enjoy! X

Oh no, really? That sucks. I've never had any problems losing after a takeout, I'm more concerned that I'm also away this weekend and need to make sure I make sensible choices there too if I want another loss before my holidays. I ended up sticking with the tandoori chicken and made my own mushroom rice - tasted just like the real deal and was totally free! Measured my wine for the first time ever too, I was really pleased that I managed to stick to it. Anyway, I had a sneaky peak on the scales this morning (tut tut), and I'm actually 2lb down since Tuesday! It's spurred me on to carry on making these sensible choices whilst I'm away at the weekend :) x

Happy Friday everyone. I'm so pleased it's finally here, it's been the longest week ever!! Typical though, as it's Bank Holiday it's wet and miserable here.

Feeling really proud of myself for sticking to my plan yesterday: avoided the poppadoms and pickles; asked for the chicken to be cooked in as little oil as possible and then drained all excess oil off when it arrived; and actually measured my wine for once and made it last twice as long with soda. Feeling very happy with myself. Had a sneaky peak at the scales this morning (naughty, I know!) and they're showing that I'm 2lb down from Tuesday night. It's given me the motivation to stick at it and carry on making the healthy choices whilst I'm away at the weekend :)

Hope everyone has a lovely Friday x

(S)
= Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:
- 2 x Small Bananas
- Apple (S)
-
Strawberries (SS), Blueberries and Grapes

Lunch:
- Jacket Potato with Cheese (HExA), Baked Beans (SS) and Salad (Lettuce (S), Carrot (S), Cucumber (S), Onion (S) and Sweetcorn)

Dinner :
- Roasted Red Pepper (S) stuffed with Ainsley Harriott Szhecuan Rice and served with Roasted Red Onion (S), Mushrooms (S) and Cherry Tomatoes (S)

Daily Syns used: / 15

Last edited:
Oooohhhh Stevie, you never know, you might actually hit your target before your holidays if you stick to making sensible decisions over the weekend :D :D :D

Oooohhhh Stevie, you never know, you might actually hit your target before your holidays if you stick to making sensible decisions over the weekend :D :D :D

Oh, that would be lovely if I could! 4.5lb to go, so hopefully I'll manage a decent loss, or at least a maintain at group on Tuesday. That will be my last "official" weigh in, but I'm going to weigh myself on the Monday morning before I jet off just to keep me on track. Fingers crossed :D

Oh no, really? That sucks. I've never had any problems losing after a takeout, I'm more concerned that I'm also away this weekend and need to make sure I make sensible choices there too if I want another loss before my holidays. I ended up sticking with the tandoori chicken and made my own mushroom rice - tasted just like the real deal and was totally free! Measured my wine for the first time ever too, I was really pleased that I managed to stick to it. Anyway, I had a sneaky peak on the scales this morning (tut tut), and I'm actually 2lb down since Tuesday! It's spurred me on to carry on making these sensible choices whilst I'm away at the weekend :) x

Every other take out I'm fine lol its strange!! The week I maintained I'd had indian, and if I have kebab or chinese I lose 1.5lb or 2lb! Weird!

Have a fantastic time in marmaris Stevie I'm sure you will anyway!! And likewise about plenty of pics :) x

Hey Stevie,

Been reading your diary and it really is giving me so much inspiration, you are a fab fab lady who fully deserved the WOTY !

Glad that the peek at the scales has motivated you! you may get closer to your target before you jet off! I'm so jealous! Feels like ages since i've been back from holiday :( Hope that you have the most awesome time.

Have got the link to my new diary on my signature, hope that you can pop by. Have a fab Friday hun xxx

Hey Stevie,

Been reading your diary and it really is giving me so much inspiration, you are a fab fab lady who fully deserved the WOTY !

Glad that the peek at the scales has motivated you! you may get closer to your target before you jet off! I'm so jealous! Feels like ages since i've been back from holiday :( Hope that you have the most awesome time.

Have got the link to my new diary on my signature, hope that you can pop by. Have a fab Friday hun xxx

Hey hun, welcome back! Thanks for your lovely message, it made me smile :)

How was your holiday? I am so excited for mine, but it still seems like a lifetime away! At least I only have 4 more working days (after today) left before I go.

I have been and subscribed to your new diary! It's good to have you back - you sound very motivated and determined to do this. Looking forward to reading some more of your yummy sounding recipes xxxx

Back