The Princess Diaries ♥ (DIARY CLOSED - LINK TO NEW DIARY ON LAST PAGE)

well done on the size 12's.
just got back into 14's myslf so know how good it feels (wish it was 12's too like but hey ho!)
and i'm going to pinch your magic porridge idea cos i am a cheese freak and keep eating it when i've already had my milk!

cathie xXx

Thanks ladies! I'm going to stay online for a while I think, keep myself out of trouble. Although it has been really quiet on here lately :(

Oooh, I found an amazing shop in Middlesbrough today! Can't remember the name but it basically sells a load of American goodies. They had pop tarts, lucky charms, fruit loops, reeses, hersheys, tootsie rolls, twinkies, laffy taffy...not very SW friendly, admittedly, but my idea of heaven!!! I managed to resist everything, except 3 cans of diet Root Beer - my favourite! Just double checked on the Syns calculator and it's Free, so I'm just enjoying one of those now while I watch "You've Been Framed" and wait for my tea to cook :D Gotta love cosy weekends.
Cosy weekends are the best! I find I'm shattered after work and sometimes doing nothing is exactly what i need. I also enjoy cooking more because I'm not pushed for time. What do you work at Stevie?

I definitely prefer Green days, as I like my potato too much, but Red days are nice every now and again. The burgers were sooo nice. Even my fussy, non-sw brother eats them, so they must be alright! Have a great weekend x
I must look in to these different days. Ive noticed you never really do Extra Easy Stevie, how come? Just curious! x

Cosy weekends are the best! I find I'm shattered after work and sometimes doing nothing is exactly what i need. I also enjoy cooking more because I'm not pushed for time. What do you work at Stevie?

I must look in to these different days. Ive noticed you never really do Extra Easy Stevie, how come? Just curious! x

Hello! Gotta admit I do love cosy weekends almost as much as going out partying! I really enjoyed stopping in this weekend :)

I work in the local Town Hall. I'm basically a bit of a dogs body - I do lots of administration type jobs, as well as working with the external funding team to source different funders and grants for community groups etc. What about you?

I always used to do Extra Easy, I was always too scared to try Red/Green days! Now I've tried them, I'm hooked. The sole reason I stick to Red/Green is because you get double Healthy Extra's! I find it really helps me to cut back on Syns, because if I'm fancying chocolate, I know I can have (for example) another HiFi bar for my second B choice, rather than using Syns. I also like being able to have milk and cheese in the same day. Green days are my favourite, but I do love a Red day thrown in there too :) xx

Hello! Gotta admit I do love cosy weekends almost as much as going out partying! I really enjoyed stopping in this weekend :)

I work in the local Town Hall. I'm basically a bit of a dogs body - I do lots of administration type jobs, as well as working with the external funding team to source different funders and grants for community groups etc. What about you?

I always used to do Extra Easy, I was always too scared to try Red/Green days! Now I've tried them, I'm hooked. The sole reason I stick to Red/Green is because you get double Healthy Extra's! I find it really helps me to cut back on Syns, because if I'm fancying chocolate, I know I can have (for example) another HiFi bar for my second B choice, rather than using Syns. I also like being able to have milk and cheese in the same day. Green days are my favourite, but I do love a Red day thrown in there too :) xx

Oh you are making these green and red days sound VERY appealing. I am definitely going to look in to it tonight when I look at my SW books. Like most days I would have bread and porridge and realistically thats 2 Healthy Extra B's. Did I hear you say potatoes aren't free on red though? Oh Oh! I love potatoes. Green could be a good option for me too thought because I love vegetarian things! I am very intrigued about this now. I heard that you can mix and match healthy extra A like have half the amount of milk and half the amount of cheese. A few different people told me that so I usually follow that! Thanks for giving me this motivation to try something new :)

Oh you are making these green and red days sound VERY appealing. I am definitely going to look in to it tonight when I look at my SW books. Like most days I would have bread and porridge and realistically thats 2 Healthy Extra B's. Did I hear you say potatoes aren't free on red though? Oh Oh! I love potatoes. Green could be a good option for me too thought because I love vegetarian things! I am very intrigued about this now. I heard that you can mix and match healthy extra A like have half the amount of milk and half the amount of cheese. A few different people told me that so I usually follow that! Thanks for giving me this motivation to try something new :)

It's not that you can't have potato on Red days, but if you did you would have to count it as your B choice or Syns. The same as on a green day, all meat would need to be Synned or counted as a Healthy Extra (amounts given in Food Optimising book). I love potato too, that's why I tend to do so many green days. I've really gotten into Quorn and tend to eat that most days now.

I don't like to halve the Healthy Extras, as I believe it could lead to un-intentional sabotage. What I mean is, you're allowed 250ml Semi Skimmed milk or 30g Cheddar. It would be quite easy when measuring out the milk to add an extra couple of ml with out realising, or an extra gram of cheese here and there - it wouldn't look all that different, but the extra couple of ml every day could easily hinder your weight loss. I'm really one for following things to the letter, so I do tend to stick to what the book says, rather than the "tweaks" people have invented.

It's not that you can't have potato on Red days, but if you did you would have to count it as your B choice or Syns. The same as on a green day, all meat would need to be Synned or counted as a Healthy Extra (amounts given in Food Optimising book). I love potato too, that's why I tend to do so many green days. I've really gotten into Quorn and tend to eat that most days now.

I don't like to halve the Healthy Extras, as I believe it could lead to un-intentional sabotage. What I mean is, you're allowed 250ml Semi Skimmed milk or 30g Cheddar. It would be quite easy when measuring out the milk to add an extra couple of ml with out realising, or an extra gram of cheese here and there - it wouldn't look all that different, but the extra couple of ml every day could easily hinder your weight loss. I'm really one for following things to the letter, so I do tend to stick to what the book says, rather than the "tweaks" people have invented.

totally agree! it's usually those people who claim to have 'unexplained gains' because they say they've stuck to plan when they haven't.

x

Here's the official answer for you btw! :) What it means about multiple items in one choice is for example, when you need to have a scan bran aswell to make something a HE.

Q: Can I mix and match my Healthy Extras by halving the portions?

A: Yes, if you like - you’ll still lose weight beautifully! The downside is your speed and fibre symbols would have to be ignored unless your two halves had identical symbols. However, mixing and matching couldn't be done when there are multiple items in one choice. With all single item choices, feel free!

totally agree! it's usually those people who claim to have 'unexplained gains' because they say they've stuck to plan when they haven't.

x

Exactly! I would rather completely go off plan, gain and know where it has come from than to kid myself I am sticking to plan, when I'm really not, and come away with an "unexpected" gain. I guess everyone's different though x

Here's the official answer for you btw! :) What it means about multiple items in one choice is for example, when you need to have a scan bran aswell to make something a HE.

Q: Can I mix and match my Healthy Extras by halving the portions?

A: Yes, if you like - you’ll still lose weight beautifully! The downside is your speed and fibre symbols would have to be ignored unless your two halves had identical symbols. However, mixing and matching couldn't be done when there are multiple items in one choice. With all single item choices, feel free!

Thanks Joanne. I know it is allowed, I'm just saying I don't like to as it's really easy with measured amounts to go slightly over. Go slightly over every day of the week and then it becomes not so slight, if you see what I mean x

Thanks Joanne. I know it is allowed, I'm just saying I don't like to as it's really easy with measured amounts to go slightly over. Go slightly over every day of the week and then it becomes not so slight, if you see what I mean x

Oh yeh dw, I totally get what you mean :) Personally I split them as I'm not a fan of milk and don't like too much cheese and I like to split my B throughout the day. I guess it's personal preference really but i agree about the measuring, I couldn't live without my trusty digital scales! x

Exactly! I would rather completely go off plan, gain and know where it has come from than to kid myself I am sticking to plan, when I'm really not, and come away with an "unexpected" gain. I guess everyone's different though x

This is all very interesting. I agree that some of these tweaks can lead to gains etc but as you said its a personal thing and what works for one may not work for another etc. Thanks anyway :)

It's interesting what they say about not splitting multiple items. I guess they mean the way it used to be with x grams of porridge and a cracker for example. I've taken to having one Ryvita Pumpkin and Oats (2 = a HexB) and one Alpen Light (2 = a HexB) - and I would have thought that was safer because you can't mismeasure.

Fab news on the size 12s! I wish my group would do a clothes swap. I am reluctant to buy anything at the moment because I know I'm going to lose weight but I don't know where from! Oh well - I guess I'll have to save the money for a target wardrobe... :fingerscrossed!:

It's interesting what they say about not splitting multiple items. I guess they mean the way it used to be with x grams of porridge and a cracker for example. I've taken to having one Ryvita Pumpkin and Oats (2 = a HexB) and one Alpen Light (2 = a HexB) - and I would have thought that was safer because you can't mismeasure.

Fab news on the size 12s! I wish my group would do a clothes swap. I am reluctant to buy anything at the moment because I know I'm going to lose weight but I don't know where from! Oh well - I guess I'll have to save the money for a target wardrobe... :fingerscrossed!:

That's exactly how I am re clothes. I had to buy a few bits at the weekend because I don't have enough clothes for work and the same with winter-appropriate clothes. I just can't wait to be at my goal and buy some gorgeous clothes. Hopefully this time next year :)

Thank you!! I'm chuffed with myself, didn't want to take them off tonight :giggle: Hopefully plenty more size 12's coming soon and then onwards and downwards into the 10's and beyond :fingerscrossed:

Why not suggest a clothes swap to your C? I'm sure lots of people would be up for it - there were literally tonnes of clothes at our group! People took all sorts home with them, and there was still loads left. Luckily a girl who goes to another of our C's groups volunteers for the Great North Air Ambulance, so the "leftovers" were donated for them to help keep the ambulance flying :) All of the money raised went to charity - it's a win win situation for everyone! xx

Happy Tuesday everyone! WI day for me - I'm really hoping for a good loss as I've been saintly this week! Roll on 4.30pm so I can jump on those scales :D Will update later on with my result.

Princess_Stevie said:
Happy Tuesday everyone! WI day for me - I'm really hoping for a good loss as I've been saintly this week! Roll on 4.30pm so I can jump on those scales :D Will update later on with my result.

Good luck lovely...my weigh in tonight too at 7pm!

good luck for weigh in :) x

Back