The realisation when ............

Caz can do it

I went swimming tonight and when I got out of the pool the towel went all the way round and a little bit. For so long I have had to hold it up around me as it didnt fit. Even the big bath sheets didnt work. This was an average towel amazing.

Has anyone else had a realisation with their weight?

The realisation when.........................?

week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 lbs week three- no weigh in week four- 11 lbs week 5- 5 1/2 lbs week 6- 4 lbs week 7- 1 lb week 8- 10 lbs week 9- 4.5 lbs week 10- 3.5 lbs

Yay, that's fabulous!

Yes. That's definately much better. I also went to the cinema yesterday and had loads of room either side of the chair. Woohoo!

week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 lbs week three- no weigh in week four- 11 lbs week 5- 5 1/2 lbs week 6- 4 lbs week 7- 1 lb week 8- 10 lbs week 9- 4.5 lbs week 10- 3.5 lbs

Yep, the towel one, the comfy chairs in costa not being a squeeze, the train seats being more spacious, having a bath and the water covering my belly lol x

Very similar! I've always used bath sheets and although they (just) crossed over at the top, they opened out towards the bottom. They now go all the way around me and overlap by quite a bit all the way around. I think I'll be able to buy bath towels instead of sheets by the time I've finished losing weight!! Cheaper too ;)

At work today I realised I was folding my arms but not in an arms crossed way more like cradling my arms and cupping my elbows in each hand (hope that makes sense). I couldn't do that at my heaviest because I was so big!!

Yay for all these changes :)

Just before starting this diet, I had ordered a jacket to wear to my wife's brother's wedding, but had to go without because it was too small when it arrived. I pulled it out this past weekend to try it on, and now it's too big! And I never even got a chance to wear it!

Excellent. Lovely feeling isn't it!

Your not the fattest person in the zumba class!

I actually felt quite slim compared to most of the others!

week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 lbs week three- no weigh in week four- 11 lbs week 5- 5 1/2 lbs week 6- 4 lbs week 7- 1 lb week 8- 10 lbs week 9- 4.5 lbs week 10- 3.5 lbs week 11- 2 lbs

When I fitted in the bath comfortably. Sad I know but so much easier to relax. Heaven!

Shirley x

I am looking forward to this-I used to love taking a long bath and reading a book but since moving house the bath is narrower and I actually can't fit in properly.

Its funny the little things we take for granted. Reading this thread, I reflect on how I can relate really well to them. Over the years, I just learned to accommodate my weight excesses instead of working on them. If I can't wrap the towel round, then I use a sheet; if I cant fit into the bath, then I wait till I get to the pool; if I cant fit in the plane seat, then find an excuse to postpone the trip till "next year". I just started Cambridge ss, now on day 2. I can't wait to drop the pounds. My SO bought me a bath robe on one of those trips I dodged last year, he bought it in XXL, even then it barely covered my tummy and left my legs all bare. I could see the disappointment in his eyes when I kept finding excuses not to wear it. I want to model that bathrobe for him by the end of this month and hopefully give it away by end of the year coz its now too big :D

That is so true about finding excuses and adjusting to the weight gain. I've spent years buying expensive bath sheets rather than slim down to a weight where bath towels will fit. I've adjusted the way I sit because of my excess fat. I too haven't been on holiday abroad in years, partly due to finances but even if I won the lottery I would have still found excuses not to go! Why do we adapt to our fatness rather than lose weight?! Well I'm not adapting anymore!!!

We adapt because we really don't have much if a choice as long as we are fat. The decision to do something about being fat and to stick to such a decision is usually life changing. The sad fact is not everyone can do something life changing. Humans are hard wired to be creatures of routine, take a look at babies! So breaking anything routine or comfortable requires a special type of guts that's also life changing on its own.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

And change is scary.

Back