The really slow loss team!

So now I have really confused myself as I can't work out if Wednesday is my day one for syn counting and it is Wednesday through Tuesday or

If it is Tuesday through to Monday

I weigh in on a Tuesday so any ideas please ?
I take my syns from my WI day - so as I weigh on a Monday, syns go Mon-Sun. So with a WI day of Tuesday I'd take Tues - Mon.

Although some people take it from the day AFTER WI!!! So would use Weds-Tues.

Confused? Excellent - I love to do that to people :8855:

Last edited:
Well done Big Losers!!! Remember I'm back now so that deffo puts you on the norty step and remember ther could be lines next week! So well done greedyguts1980, Tiphareth and Latte

Sounds like my idea of fun. Possibly with a Baileys thrown into the Disaronno.

I have developed a real love of Baileys Biscotti..... but I am doing my best to resist it :eek:

I will confess to having a small bottle in my jeans pocket over the weekend - just as a medicinal "toot" for my cold you understand ;)

It's all coming out now, isn't it......... :break_diet:

Last edited:
Welcome Shelster - as Lou said 7 lbs in 8 weeks is good going for us tortoises

Over the whole 151 weeks it took me to get to target . . .
*** drum roll required here please ***
. . . my average was a massive 0.419 lb per week! :8855:

Another 100% day for me. Made a lovely stew for tea lots of super free so just gonna go have seconds now :D
Tsch Tsch Lou - Naughty girl. :8855: 2nds aren't good for you. And strictly speaking you shouldn't do it as you can end up eating past the full stage!

yes, I am definately a slow loser, most i ever managed was 4lb ifirst week, I have been doing extra easy for almost a year now i have lost 2st 7lb but it has gone very slow and i gained 1lb last week, i am going to try alternating with the green days just to see if a change about in food may help as i do get in a bit of a routine with having the same foods all the time, on a positive note new muller greek yoghurts are lovely and only half a syn....
I know Lou finds greens agree with her, but I'm just the opposite! I have to do mostly red days and cut out as many carbs as possible. Otherwise I don't lose.

Lisa - sorry you have been struggling but good to see your mojo resurfacing.

I know you said writing it down doesn't help so try this.

Get you SW books out - or browse online - and go right back to absolute basics. If you want or need food treats - lots do but I somehow just take mine in alcohol :D - then start to plan them in.

Plan a whole weeks worth of meals keeping some days low in syns so that you can use them up at the weekend for nights out etc. I know SW say you shouldn't do this but loads of people do - I do - and although it might slow weight loss down a bit it doesn't stop it.

:hug99: chica. You can do this.

Ooh my head hurts. Red wine- damn you!

Went to a friends for tea but had a ridiculous amount of wine and was wrecked by 10. Don't remember getting home and am sporting a hangover to boot.

Pom- I didn't have seconds cos when I warmed it up it's stuck to the pan and burnt lol I never normally have seconds but with soup or stew I do cos I make it full of super free so it's just like having fruit as a snack really and I only have it of hungry x

Lisa - sorry you have been struggling but good to see your mojo resurfacing.

I know you said writing it down doesn't help so try this.

Get you SW books out - or browse online - and go right back to absolute basics. If you want or need food treats - lots do but I somehow just take mine in alcohol :D - then start to plan them in.

Plan a whole weeks worth of meals keeping some days low in syns so that you can use them up at the weekend for nights out etc. I know SW say you shouldn't do this but loads of people do - I do - and although it might slow weight loss down a bit it doesn't stop it.

:hug99: chica. You can do this.

Ah thank you Pom :) Todays the day I'm starting fresh & I'm feeling good already. I've got salad for lunch & lots of fruit to scack on.

Think I'll take you advice & read through all my SW magazines. About a year ago I ordered about 20 off someone on eBay, I love the success stories :)

Also feeling I want to get back into regular workouts, won't have time today but planning to tomorrow so will find time to fit some in x

Lol I think I passed out. I only drank a bottle of wine and with food I never get that drunk off 1 bottle so a bit confused today. I've been throwing up and have a massive headache it's put me right off

Ah no :( Maybe it was stronger than you thought? I have to be careful with wine, it's the only drink that gets to me. 3 glasses & I'll be sick, not nice.

Hey Ladies,

Thank you all for the lovely warm welcome:)
Going to start writing things down again as sometimes I think i have been good but in actually fact I delibrately forget that heeped tablespoon full of choc philly I have everyday!!!:eek:. I'm currently 13.5 at the moment but would like to get down to around 11 something for me wedding next year. Seen on here recipe for homemade Kebabs going to try this at weekend. Love reading all posts keep them coming.

xx

Shelster said:
Hey Ladies,

Going to start writing things down again as sometimes I think i have been good but in actually fact I delibrately forget that heeped tablespoon full of choc philly I have everyday!!!:eek:. I'm currently 13.5 at the moment but would like to get down to around 11 something for me wedding next year. Seen on here recipe for homemade Kebabs going to try this at weekend. Love reading all posts keep them coming.

xx

When do you get married Hun? I do this thing when im not being 100% of looking up the syn value for something
Then convince myself that I didn't have the last crumb of it so can knock a couple of syns off ha ha, how silly lol. I lost almost 2 and a half stone in less than a year so I'm sure you can get to where you want to
Be for your wedding x

Lol I think I passed out. I only drank a bottle of wine and with food I never get that drunk off 1 bottle so a bit confused today. I've been throwing up and have a massive headache it's put me right off

It was probably something you ate.:innocent0002:

Hey Ladies,

xx
Hello, Sorry I missed your first post. I need my phone back :(

I have to write things down otherwise I have a selective memory.

Hey Ladies,

xx

I keep my own food diary too. That way if I have a particularly good/bad week I can look over what I've eaten to see if I know what affected it.

Back