The really slow loss team!

Hi all, I am feeling disappointed, gained 1.5 lbs this week. .....
I am back to the weight I was a the beginning of May, and wanted to have lost at least 5 lbs by the end of May.
I thought I had been good 60% of the time, but probably not! I think I must try harder.
Exercise I play golf 18 holes twice a week, I walk the dog every day, and I love spinning classes, aqua, and go to the gym - it should be enough shouldn't it?
So that leaves the food, am eating enough or am eating to much? I tend not to over eat - if that helps, I do soicalise but usually offer to drive - so that keep the booze intake down. Apart from saying No to Champagne, but I only had 3 glasses at the weekend.
Sorry to ramble on, but any advise you have to get this weight moving will be greatly excepted - thanks

:ashamed0005:Have to own up, I have ate for England this week!!!!!!!!!!:character00254:
Been 100% during the day and drank my water and have done an hrs exercise ,walking, every day but after tea out come the biccies etc!!!!!!
But have got up today and said no more I told myself you myself you WILL BE FAT AT FIFTY!!!! if you don't stop.
have a holiday booked at class for wi tomorrow,that was pre planned, so that gives me a week to be extremely good and stick to plan 200%:angel09:

Last edited:
Hi bradgirl sorry to hear you gained, there's plenty of reasons that can happen though in a week or on a given day like I will be almost 3lbs heavier in the evening than in the morning cause I drink so much water during the day. Try to look at the bigger picture, there's going to be ups and downs, it's not always going to be a win, and that's what will help you to learn to give your body what it needs and not what your brain thinks it wants. We're all in learning here so we know how it feels to gain - pretty brutal.
How about putting up your food diary here for a couple of days to see if theres hidden badies in anything your eating that you might not be aware of? Keep up the great exercise routine it will be worth it in the health benifits mentally and physically over time. These challenges can help you to be mentally and physically tougher if you take them as opportunities rather than failures.

I am back to the weight I was a the beginning of May, and wanted to have lost at least 5 lbs by the end of May.
I thought I had been good 60% of the time, but probably not! I think I must try harder.
Exercise I play golf 18 holes twice a week, I walk the dog every day, and I love spinning classes, aqua, and go to the gym - it should be enough shouldn't it?
So that leaves the food, am eating enough or am eating to much? I tend not to over eat - if that helps, I do soicalise but usually offer to drive - so that keep the booze intake down. Apart from saying No to Champagne, but I only had 3 glasses at the weekend.
Sorry to ramble on, but any advise you have to get this weight moving will be greatly excepted - thanks

oh welcome new peeps!!

lou i only siad what i said because i genuinely care, glad i didnt offend you. sorry to hear about your side effects from the tablets?? incontinence ?? thats a side efefct too far huh? what drug was it ? glad you lost 2lb tho !! woot woot get the drinks in...

talking of drinks charl! dont beat yourself up hunny get back on track at least you recognise the slip, recover your loses and try again. I am with lou, 4 bottles is an aperatif LOL

sl1nky minny have you told your mum she humiliated you ?? you must tell her you dont want to go with her, regardless of the truth in eating takeaways it wasnt her place to tell everyone! it is out of order and you need to tell her.

bradgirl having a quick look at your diary it looks okay to me, i always say with diaries are you being 100% truthful? not you that is, everyone! i dont always write everything down LOL because if i dont write it down i didnt eat it !! ha ha ha

seriously, your fruit cake and eating out may have ( i say may bcause it may be somethign entirely different) had an influence or it could be anything. keep going as you will see the benefits! do you do green/red or EE ???

Dear slinkyminny,
Have a virtual hug on me, I'm always amazed by the sabbotage some women do to others during weightloss. Must be especially hurtful when it's your mum. To me it looks like she lashed out her own guilt on you, but your not responsible for her emotional state just your own. maybe you can use this to fuel your fat burning fire - get your frustration out with some high octane exercise and have a really top loss week to prove to yourself that you are capable of whatever you put your mind to. It's none of anyone else's business. You'll always get the support you need on minimins, so if you choose to go it alone at the classes as Lou suggests you'll still have us :D

Hi I know this isnt the right place to be posting but I just need some reassurance. I go to group with my mum and I have gained a pound this week and the C asked how i felt and i sheepihly said alright even though i wasnt, and started to explain how i felt abit bored and disheartened, and my mum just sat there and full on told everyone i had 3 takeways and what to expect. and then told me to shut up because no one wanted to hear about what i have to say. I felt like i was going to get back on track but now i feel totally fed up and worthless. I left group about 5 minutes later as i was on the verge of tears. and when everyone was asking how she had done she responded i lost 1.5lbs but she gained 1. making me feel like a failure. this coming from a woman who has had a gastric band still couldnt lose weight and only 2 weeks ago gained 4.5lbs in 1 week and i didnt say anything or tell everybody who was asking. soory but just needed to get that of my chest. I feel like total SH1T!

bradgirl...sorry about the gain hun, if you know you havent been 100% then dont dwell on it hun, we all have bad weeks and im not sure about you but ill have a bad week food wise and ill conveniently 'forget' about all the little bits and pieces i havent accounted for and then i sit sulking feeling sorry for myself cos i havent lost weight, but if im brutally honest with myself i know ive over done it. sounds like your doing plenty on the exercise front tbh i would just try to reign it in a bit next week, dont look back at what you were beginning of may, that doesnt do you any favours it just makes you feel rubbish, dont be hard on yourself. i question myself every time i eat something, its my new thing lol...'do i want it? am i REALLY hungry? do i want this piece of cake/chips/crisps more than i want to be a size 12?' 9 times out of 10 i dont actually want it, its just bad habits creeping back in. i bought that beck diet something or other cant remember the actual name and while im not following the steps she tells you to reading the book has massively helped my attitude towards food. it may help you too? i would recommend it to anyone struggling to break bad habits. anyway sorry i rambled on a bit there lol.

acc....c'mon girl you can do this!!!! im on it with you this week, im not even gonna have a drink this weekend :eek: i have a size 12 dress to fit into by august and i WANT it sooo bad and its just 13 measley pounds til i get there...you with me?

felicity- takes more than that to offend me hun :) yes incontinence is a step too far!!! i was reading about it yesterday and apparently it is common :/ pfft. it was sertraline i was taking. i am armed with several herbal remedies once again and am feeling more positive, as ive said before i always get down in spring its weird...but now the suns out ive been jumping out of bed in a morning and im feeling motivated and happier, maybe some vitamin d in winter would be useful?

It's amazing what the sun can do isn't it. I feel better this morning now the horrendous bloat has gone down. Going to walk to the pool and have a swim, so hopefully thatll make me feel better. It's about a mile away too, so that's 2 miles walking as well. Thanks for the advice, I was wallowing last night as I felt guilty but today is new and if I stick to plan totally the next 7 days hopefully I can damage limit it a little! Xx

Hi I know this isnt the right place to be posting but I just need some reassurance. I go to group with my mum and I have gained a pound this week and the C asked how i felt and i sheepihly said alright even though i wasnt, and started to explain how i felt abit bored and disheartened, and my mum just sat there and full on told everyone i had 3 takeways and what to expect. and then told me to shut up because no one wanted to hear about what i have to say. I felt like i was going to get back on track but now i feel totally fed up and worthless. I left group about 5 minutes later as i was on the verge of tears. and when everyone was asking how she had done she responded i lost 1.5lbs but she gained 1. making me feel like a failure. this coming from a woman who has had a gastric band still couldnt lose weight and only 2 weeks ago gained 4.5lbs in 1 week and i didnt say anything or tell everybody who was asking. soory but just needed to get that of my chest. I feel like total SH1T!
Have a hug chica :grouphugg:
I would agree with what lots of others have said in that you definitely need to swap groups I think and go on your own.

You also need to try and have a word with your mum about this - her comments were nasty and just not acceptable.
But my mum is the same with me.
She was doing SW at class and struggling to lose (lots of take-aways and bad food).
I nicked her books and stuck to it and have lost lots of weight - on my own here in Spain.
She was just jealous and has still to say anything nice about the almost 5 st gone and 3-4 clothes sizes lost.
She apparently thinks I don't look any different.

If I remember rightly, you've had some great losses in the last 7 or 8 weeks - this being your first gain?
She is obviously very jealous and miffed that you are "winning".
But it's nothing to do with winning - it's to do with feeling fitter and healthier.
So have a chat with her, go to a new group and hold your head up girl. You have done really well so far - don't let her de-rail you.

Last edited:
Well done all you losers - and Lou, latte and Linz get accross to that naughty step!

I've had 4 good days since my gain on Monday and the scales are shifting downwards.
But I'm off out to lunch today to one of my favourite restaurants. 4 course extravaganza for about £7.50 :eek:
So I'm going to have to be really good in my choices - but there is always seafood paella on a Friday :cry:

Bradgirl - sorry about the gain. I know Lou's said it but if you haven't been totally on plan, don't dwell on it, just move on.
Lots of good exercise so keep that up. But did you know that 3 glassses of champers are more than your days syns?
If you have only been 60% then it's not impossible to lose weight but it will be very difficult.

I've also had a quick look at your diary and most of it looks ok. But as Lou has said so often - portion control is the biggest issue for most people.
There's no info about your portion sizes on your diary.
The theory is you can eat as much superfree as you want. But you do just have to be a bit careful on not being silly.
Like 1 lady on here who would happily have 2 large chicken breasts as her snacks during the day because it was free. But that's just greedy.

And my biggest downfall was ignoring the odd syn for things. A bit of olive oil on my salad, the mayo in a tuna sani. Naughty Bev. :cry:
Extra Light Philly isn't a HexA (not enough calcium) so has to be synned. 2 syns for 30g. Drat!! :eek:
They all mount up very quickly and take you over pretty quickly.

And like lots of others - I have to write it down as I eat it. Otherwise I just forget I've had it and suddenly find another 5 sysns I'd forgotten about.

Get your books out and go back to basics. And plan a whole week - including the odd glass of wine (I do every day!!!) and you will do this.

acc....c'mon girl you can do this!!!! im on it with you this week, im not even gonna have a drink this weekend :eek: i have a size 12 dress to fit into by august and i WANT it sooo bad and its just 13 measley pounds til i get there...you with me?

Lou,deffo with you on this.7 wks to birthday and 8 to my hols,have bought all size 16 clothes so dint want to be returning them!
Have been 100% up to now and out for tea tonight to a harvester so plenty of salad.
We can and will do it xxx

Great posts pom. You would make a great consultant

Acc that's the spirit girl!!! I keep doing visualisation and I keep putting clothes on that are a big small and imagine myself fitting into them, its like a visual aid that I can think about when I feel like snacking on rubbish.

I had salad for tea. And before I allowed myself to eat it I put every last bit into my fitness pal so I knew I was within my daily amount. It's a faff but stops me forgetting anything. I'm going round a friends tomorrow so will be having a drink but am going to work out the best thing to have and how many I can have and stick to that. It's a challenge I haven't managed before but I'm determined to do it

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

conlou1 said:
Took a bag of crisps out the cupboard, already had all my cals today.....but I put them back and made a drink instead. Quite pleased with myself :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good for you. I'm trying so hard to resist too!

Morning,reporting in with a 100% day yesterday :-D
Had a lovely meal out at a harvester and bought myself some linen trousers,size 16, in m + s,fit lovely with NO muffin top!! ;-)
Just about to go for a walk with the dog before it gets too hot.

Have a lovely.day Ann xx

Hi bradgirl sorry to hear you gained, there's plenty of reasons that can happen though in a week or on a given day like I will be almost 3lbs heavier in the evening than in the morning cause I drink so much water during the day. Try to look at the bigger picture, there's going to be ups and downs, it's not always going to be a win, and that's what will help you to learn to give your body what it needs and not what your brain thinks it wants. We're all in learning here so we know how it feels to gain - pretty brutal.
How about putting up your food diary here for a couple of days to see if theres hidden badies in anything your eating that you might not be aware of? Keep up the great exercise routine it will be worth it in the health benifits mentally and physically over time. These challenges can help you to be mentally and physically tougher if you take them as opportunities rather than failures.

Thank-you for the advise, I do put up my plan of eating on my link. I am an onliner with slimming world. I play 2 rounds of 18holes of golf, maybe I am not eating enough! I do know that sometimes what I eat or don't eat can effect how I play golf - strange but true!
Do you plan the whole week, or just day by day? Which is what I tend to do day by day. I can't think that far ahead to do a whole week.
Also I do other exercise, spinning and aqua, and of course dog walk.

We have the around about the same amount of weight to loose, so good luck with your weight lost this week.

Lou - good girl on the crisp-front last night. Big pat on back. :happy036:

Vodka plus slimline something is the lowest in calories (& syns). Have a nice get together with your friend.

Back