The really slow loss team!

Lol Lisa I can't be wearing no slinky dress that looks good before food but feels uncomfortable after lol. I know at another stone will get me to a 12 cos that's the weight I have got to twice :). That last stone really makes the difference to my shape it's weird to me that last stone means the difference between feeling uncomfortable and feeling slim. I have just been on a 2 hour walk I feel like I really want this now, it's too close to give in.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think when you've been a certain weight/size before you know it's possible for you to get there so that's good motivation, plus by summer is definitely possible, good time for a 1st goal.

I think I need a goal too, I have a big one in August, but maybe setting goals is good, its my bf's birthday in a month, would be nice to try and lose half a stone by then. I'm really struggling tonight, def pmt food cravings, its not even like greed it's actual stomach pains hungry, god hormones are the worst!! Trying to fight them off by going to bed, as I've been really good since Friday and won't let bloody pmt ruin it!

And honestly that dress already looks lovely, well done so far xx

I think I need a goal too, I have a big one in August, but maybe setting goals is good, its my bf's birthday in a month, would be nice to try and lose half a stone by then. I'm really struggling tonight, def pmt food cravings, its not even like greed it's actual stomach pains hungry, god hormones are the worst!! Trying to fight them off by going to bed, as I've been really good since Friday and won't let bloody pmt ruin it!

And honestly that dress already looks lovely, well done so far xx

Charl, setting smaller goals feels more achievable & almost easier :) I never get food cravings at time of the month, I get it every other day of the month! ;)

Hahaha! I was only thinking the other day I've really reigned in my appetite! Ok, I'll do it then, 7lbs by 21st June. Woo! Xx

Lou and Lisa - thank you so much for your kind words. It does mean a lot to me as at the moment I seem to be having a crisis of confidence.
Hey ho - I'll get there. Sometiome . . .

Not brilliant pictures and please ignore the whiteness of my legs. I've had them out in the sun but they just don't tan. I will be fake tanning it on the day lol. I think another 10 pound to a stone would improve it massively what do you think?
Lou - it is a really pretty dress and yes some colour on the legs and a good uplifting bra would make it look seriously different.
And if you plan to lose some more weight it will look fantastic.

From a personal perspective flowers look ghastly on me - I'm better in spots or even bleddy horizonal stripes.

Can you do another piccie - in your high heels and show us your head chica. We need to see the WHOLE effect.

PS My legs are the same. They never tan - no matter how much sun they get.
I live all summer long in a swimsuit and swim every day in the height of the summer.
My arms, back and anything else you care to mention go lovely and brown, and still I have to fake tan my legs once a week - and I live in Spain!!!!! :eek:

Lou - photos deffo required and we will be honest with you.

Here you are ladies - this is my graph since I got to interim target on 23rd November.
So I'm up for losing the same 3 bl00dy lbs that I have lost and gained almost 8 times since last November.
Yes . . . I've lost and gained 23½ lbs since 28/11/2011 - as I still weight exactly the same as original target.

The green line was interim taget at 75.8 kg - and the red line my new target at 74.4. The pink one is 3lbs over interim.
So I've been maintaining at interim fairly nicely. But I don't want to maintaina there :cry:

49842-albums3274-picture50847.jpg

I agree with Lisa Pom - try and focus on the HUGE achievement of losing 4.5 stones and try not to sweat the 3 pounds too much. You can do this my lovely - we ALL can - it's just a slow drip, drip, drip rather than a flood with us slow losers................... :rolleyes:

I too am having a bit of a crisis in confidence right now with my losses being so small again, so I know where you are coming from :hug99::hug99::hug99:

Last edited:
Pommette said:
Lou - it is a really pretty dress and yes some colour on the legs and a good uplifting bra would make it look seriously different.
And if you plan to lose some more weight it will look fantastic.

From a personal perspective flowers look ghastly on me - I'm better in spots or even bleddy horizonal stripes.

Can you do another piccie - in your high heels and show us your head chica. We need to see the WHOLE effect.

PS My legs are the same. They never tan - no matter how much sun they get.
I live all summer long in a swimsuit and swim every day in the height of the summer.
My arms, back and anything else you care to mention go lovely and brown, and still I have to fake tan my legs once a week - and I live in Spain!!!!! :eek:

I have a theory. I think it's cos we shave our legs. So shave off the top layer of skin therefore taking off your tan. I'm out Sunday so when my hair and make up is done I'll put it on properly and get hubby to take it from a more flattering angle. I chopped my head out cos my hairs a right mess at the min lol

Hey guys, can I join in your little'gang' hehe :)

I am not such a slow losser just a yo-yoer and takes me two months to lose the same 2 lbs, haha ;)

bunnylovesalan said:

I am not such a slow losser just a yo-yoer and takes me two months to lose the same 2 lbs, haha ;)

Morning and welcome B-)

Morning all!!

Well I weighed in this morning with 1.5lb off, that's 2.5lb in two weeks and I KNOW that's really good but.....I'm a bit upset as two weeks ago I had that huge gain of 8.5lb & knew I hadn't eaten that bad so thought maybe some of it was "unnatural weight" & would come off easier if I stick to plan 100%. This week I had SS Soup every day for dinner as well as as syns, HEX's etc, & really was expecting a bit more off. I know I shouldn't moan but SW says Speedfoods "speed up your weightloss" as they fill you up on less calories. So I'm still 6lb up from when I got back from my holiday a few weeks back. :sigh:

LisaC said:
Morning all!!

Well I weighed in this morning with 1.5lb off, that's 2.5lb in two weeks and I KNOW that's really good but.....I'm a bit upset as two weeks ago I had that huge gain of 8.5lb & knew I hadn't eaten that bad so thought maybe some of it was "unnatural weight" & would come off easier if I stick to plan 100%. This week I had SS Soup every day for dinner as well as as syns, HEX's etc, & really was expecting a bit more off. I know I shouldn't moan but SW says Speedfoods "speed up your weightloss" as they fill you up on less calories. So I'm still 6lb up from when I got back from my holiday a few weeks back. :sigh:

Was the big gain as a result of your holiday? Big hug hun. It's so frustrating when you gain and it takes ages to come back off I gained 5.5 in one week at Christmas and it took me 3 weeks of success express to lose it. Is success express something you could do for a week? I've realised doing it for more than a week does no good cos your metabolism just slows right down but the first week of doing it I've always lost between 2 and 3.5 pound x

Was the big gain as a result of your holiday? Big hug hun. It's so frustrating when you gain and it takes ages to come back off I gained 5.5 in one week at Christmas and it took me 3 weeks of success express to lose it. Is success express something you could do for a week? I've realised doing it for more than a week does no good cos your metabolism just slows right down but the first week of doing it I've always lost between 2 and 3.5 pound x

No I managed to lose 1lb on holiday!! The week I got back I was so fed up with being poorly I didn't eat well, but not awful, not enough to justify such a huge gain. That's why I'm a bit upset, because it's not justified, as surely I couldn't really gain that much in one week :eek: I have done SE in the past but found myself feeling too weak & hungry. I eat so much veg my dinners are often 50% superfree. I think I might try to stick to up to 10syns a day & mix up my meals x

Morning all!!

Firstly Lisa, well done on your loss - disappointing I know, but they are steps back in the right direction.

It may be that you are being sooo strict that you are dropping below 1200 cals/day (?) which is not advisable for more than a week or so for a quick shot in the arm if you are also exercising as your body will soon start to hang on to whatever you offer it. I know SW doesn't involved calorie counting, but it might be worthwhile doing it just for a week to make sure you aren't "underdoing" it a bit.

I kow how you feel - I put on 5lbs over Christmas and really wasn't THAT bad and it took me 9 weeks to get it back off again :( I am currently going through another gain it/lose it streak interspersed with very small losses (yep, back to the old 0.2lbs off some weeks) so I feel for you........

Still, on a positive note, the longer it takes you to shift it the more likely it is to stay shifted as you will have (hopefully) changed your eating patterns for life. Here speaks the voice of experience - I am 53 year old now and have spent most of my adult life on diets gaining and losing the same 2 or 3 stones. I am hopeful this time that I will shift it for good though as I have always "starved it off" in the past and not learned to see what foods/moods/etc trigger my bad eating whereas this time I am much more internalised about my [sometimes unhealthy] relationship with food.

Hang in there my lovely - we are not called the really slow loss team for nowt, but us tortoises will get there in the end if we really want to...... just ruddy frustrating it can't happen a bit sooner :hug99::bighug:

Welcome to the tortoise team Bunny. There are quite few of us here to who gain and lose the same few pounds so you are definitely not alone!

Wow! I love that second one, you look amazing!!! Xx

It's a lovely dress but now I've seen the other one it does seem to make you look bigger than you are. I always wear baggy clothes as It makes me feel more comfortable but it probably makes me look bigger than I am. Xx

Back