The really slow loss team!

if my husband spoke to me the way claires hubby spoke to her, he would not be my husband very long. it annoyed me when he was cutting back to lose weight and was saying ooh look how easy it is, just do what i do get up and go for a jog etc then when she looked on the calendar hed lost next to nothing yet was making out like hed lost loads and that it was sooo easy grrrr. i didnt like him at all i thought he was a horrible person to her. i think he liked her bigger cos it made him feel better about himself. some men dont want their wives to be slimmer as they worry they will go off with someone else, but maybe if he was a better husband he wouldnt have those fears! rant over lol.

well done to all who have lost-be it big or small!! i am wanting to lose a pound a week til christmas, which will see roughly a stone off. i want to lose more than that but i have to be realistic. i have a few social things planned which is making it really difficult but i have to be able to stick to plan and have a life so am going to have to have a long hard think about what i can do to stop a gain. i think if i drink gin and slimline tonic this will help as i cant drink these fast and i cqant drink alot of them so that will save me syns, i have lots of lovely marinated chiicken in the freezer so am going to cook some of that off to nibble on when i get home. i went to mums yesterday and its normally a bad day but she had done all stuff i could eat so i had an extra easy day and had, pasta, potato, pork, 1 small sausage (5 syns), cheese as my healthy a, but i didnt have any super free :/ but i didnt eat a great deal so hoping it will be ok, i avoided pudding. i had a bite of a tiny choc ice and then realised what i was doing so gave it to my son, quite pleased about that. then when i got in last night i was in and out the fridge loking for something to eat, but i stopped myself, i just had a slice of chicken. i have tried weetabix this morning for a change and i quite like it, i did put a level teaspoon of sugar on though, but cant find how many syns that is? does anyone know please?

I think if my hubby spoke to me the way Claire`s hubby spoke to her I`d be looking for a divorce pronto!!

I agree it seems he wants to keep her big to improve his own self esteem. My hubby supports me 100% even on the days when my resolve is weakening. He likes the "new, improved me!!" ( sounds like a washing powder advert!!). He can see that I am happier in myself which in turn makes him happy :D Awww....

@ Annya

Please don't feel bad. I was squirming at my last group when it hit me that I had lost the total sum of 3 lbs since I joined nearly 12 weeks ago!! I think that is a 1/4 a week overall!

I am now back at a 5.5 loss and hope to get the 1 lb off that I gained a few weeks ago. (hope that makes sense).

Take care. :)

Awwww..... thank you :bighug:

I am not too bothered about the gain this week as I was expecting it and know where it has come from (its called a 24/7 working life!), it's the weeks and weeks that I am on plan 100% and lose pathetically tiny amounts or STS that really bug me :sigh:

I am 11lbs lighter than I was at the end of May and that is something to be proud of - I try to focus on the positive things and not get down about the negative stuff as there's not a thing I can do about it!

I will just soldier on :rolleyes: I know I will get there in the end and TBH I don't mind doing it slowly as it means I will have had loads of time to get used to eating differently which should make maintaining (which is the really, REALLY hard task!) that bit easier.

I have lost and regained this weight so many times over the past 30 years and this time I want it off for life!

Good luck to us both - we will get there, it just ain't gonna happen any time soon (well, for me at least) :eek:

i have tried weetabix this morning for a change and i quite like it, i did put a level teaspoon of sugar on though, but cant find how many syns that is? does anyone know please?
1 level tsp = 1 syn. Not horrific!

BUT may be worth buying some "Splenda" as this is free!

As expected I gained this week, just under a pound (0.9lb).

To try and put a positive slant on it I know where it came from so it wasn't one of the WTF moments! A weekend working away from home in a field with little or no access to anything remotely SW friendly and then a binge on the demon almonds a couple of days ago is all it takes......

Onwards and downwards - no point in letting it get me down. So I'll pick myself up, draw a line under it, and get back on track - I CAN DO THIS!!!
Sorry about the gain Annya. Keep positive chica - you can do this, I know it's painful losing at tortoise speed but you will get there.

Hi slowies!
Back from my hols. Turns out my theory of slow lose, slow gain didn't actually work.

14 weeks to lose 14lbs
10 days to gain 7lbs!

I've now completely lost the plot. Have tried to eat well today, avoiding the coffee morning cakes at work but it's just not happening. I've stopped caring at the moment. Not helped that my buddy has stopped going to group and I haven't posted on the forum for a fortnight.

I'm ok. I feel disgusting physically but that's more to do with what I've eaten than how I look. Having to buy a top in XXL didn't help much though. Hoping to wake up tomorrow feeling the love, read some posts/dairies etc to get my swing back. My fella now wants to start the plan with my guidance which could be a support. We'll see, eh?

Chin up hels!! :bighug:

Draw a line in the sand and start again. Hopefully with your fellas help you can get back on track. We`ve all been there. This isn`t my first time on SW but determined to do it this time!!

We`re all with you every stem of the way :D

hels, i think helping your husband would be a great idea!!! if your telling him how to do it properly then your more likely to follow it to the letter too. also i gained 4.5 pound in one week and jumped straight into red days and lost it all and an extra 2.5 pound (unheard of) i think sometimes when you eat rubbish food you retain alot of water, dont be disheartened as i will put money on you having a great loss this week if you really go for it, i wouldnt be surprised if that full 7 came back off. keep going hun, never give up, youve come so far and have done so well, you can do it!! we can all do it!! we just have times when its harder to stick to, but just keep chipping away at it, every good day you have is a step in the right direction, so if you have 5 out of 7 good days, thats sooo much better than 7 bad days. sometimes i think a gain gives you a giant kick up the bum, i know it did me, my resolve is waning again so i keep looking at picsof me when i was slimmer and its keeping me focused. good luck hunni x

Sorry I have not been on line for a while. It was my birthday last week and I had a planned two days off which was much needed.
I have not strayed for 12 weeks since starting the plan although you wouldnt know it by my weight loss !
I enjoyed my food and I can honestly say it was nice to get back on track.

Holiday gain can be so upsetting and I am really worried I am going to do the same in a few weeks time but I also know a lot of it will be water retention.

Onwards and downwards again for all of us x

Weigh in tomorrow and I am not anticipating a good day! Jeans a feeling a little bit on the tight side, but what I'm most bothered about is having to pay again haha! How tight am I lol

Morning my lovelies, how is the weather for you today? Glorious sunshine here but not too hot.

Well an unexpected loss for me. And I really do not know how. But I've gone to the naughty step in advance of any remonstrations.

On Friday I was up, on Saturday I was back to same as last week (after a HUGE meal on Friday night) and this morning I've lost 2 lbs. :D

How?? I know the human body is a law unto itself but I am completely flummoxed.

I'm now just 1 kg from target - happy with that. :bliss:

Good luck everyone else.

Morning my lovelies, how is the weather for you today? Glorious sunshine here but not too hot.

Well an unexpected loss for me. And I really do not know how. But I've gone to the naughty step in advance of any remonstrations.

On Friday I was up, on Saturday I was back to same as last week (after a HUGE meal on Friday night) and this morning I've lost 2 lbs. :D

Good luck everyone else.

Woo-hooo!!! Way to go Bev :D A couple more weeks like this and you should be there.

Good on ya!

hels i am so sorry you are feeling so low, its so so hard. you will fond your way again and you will do it. i always said i wouldnt be someone who became upset if i gained weight on plan (that was the week i started by the way) and i wouldnt beat myself up if i ate of plan......both were a lie !! i do feel guilty when i gain weight and i do feel bad when i eat off plan ! i hate it and also dread those holiday periods etc but maybe thats the "hook" of slimming world??? you keep it up for fear of regaining, or you pay to do it all again. its a life cycle isnt it ?

Good luck everyone else.

yay !!!!!!!

Pommette said:

Good luck everyone else.

Yay!! Told you we would end up be the slow losers target group at the rate we are going! ?

sts for the past 3 weeks grrr!!!! is all down to weekend indulgence and sabotage!! seems like these last 4lbs just don't want to shift at all ever!!!

sts for the past 3 weeks grrr!!!! is all down to weekend indulgence and sabotage!! seems like these last 4lbs just don't want to shift at all ever!!!
Have a day off plan, stuff yourself stupid and lose 2 lbs!! :D that's what I did and it seems to have kicked my body into action again.

Not recommended by SW mind !!!

Seriously though, towards the end and getting near to target, several people have suggested this. Your BMI is already down below 25 so you have obviously doing something right since March. Perhaps this might be just your natural weight!

Good luck chica.

Have a day off plan, stuff yourself stupid and lose 2 lbs!! :D that's what I did and it seems to have kicked my body into action again.

Not recommended by SW mind !!!

Seriously though, towards the end and getting near to target, several people have suggested this. Your BMI is already down below 25 so you have obviously doing something right since March. Perhaps this might be just your natural weight!

Good luck chica.

Thanks Pommette! I think you are right, I think where I am is a good weight for me and of late although not lost lbs must have lost inches as clothes that didn't fit, now do!!

Might take your advice next week if this week sticking to plan does not help shift anything!!! Have no major plans that should take me off plan, so no excuses!!!! x

Well I had two days off plan due to my birthday and I still gained yet another 0.5lb honestly I just don't know what to do.
I need to adjust my profile as it is 2.5 on as I didn't change last weeks.
It is too depressing to even think what my weekly loss is now .
The stand in consultant looked at my 4 weeks diaries and said I was doing everything right but maybe not eating enough free food not superfree, but free ie eggs yoghurt and not sure what else as I don't eat meat.
I have paid for another 6 weeks so not giving up just yet although I am tempted.

i have sts for 2 weeks in a row. my own fault completely, i have eaten fairly good but my alcohol intake has been ridiculous. i have nothing planned this weekend so no excuses. im not gonna say i want to lose a certain amount this week as its pointless, i would just like to lose SOMETHING that would be great. the guy in our group who has had tremendous losses said tonight he just snacked on fruit and fat free yogurt and his syns were around 20 each WEEK. thats around 3 a day!! he said if he fancied something he had it but his first port of call was fruit as a snack and his meals were always free. i think i am going to take a leaf out of his book. he had losses of between 2-5 pounds each week and said he never felt deprived. i have a habit of skipping breakfast and not eating enough for dinner then by tea time and on a night im ravenous and end up using all my syns and healthy extras all in one go then still want more. so new plan. food diaries, set breakfast of porridge and banana, and proper meals for dinner and tea and then fruit on a night. it will be hard cos ive gotten into bad habits so i need to set up new ones which will take work. ive stopped the gym as it was just to much pressure. i was feeling guilty when i couldnt get there and i only had a small window on 3 days a week in which i could go and those times were the only times i had to relax after running around after a baby and toddler all day. im just going to tackle one thing at a time. diet first then ill up the exercise when im ready. i walk everywhere anyway cos we dont drive and i have to push a twin pram so i get a decent amount of exercise each day. and im taking one day at a time, i have spent too much time saying 'this week im gonna have to be good' and i always fall short cos its too much pressure. i will try to be good at my next meal, and thats the best i can do right now. if this doesnt work im gonna have to try hypnosis hahaha.

latte:have you tried sas logs?? they are fantastic you literally write every single thing you put in you mouth down but have to tick whether it was measured, planned or estimated etc and its very in depth, a pain but it really helps to see where your going wrong when the scales arent showing a loss when they should. you need 7 of them one for each day of the week, they really helped me realise i didnt measure or weigh anything and i worked all my syn food out after i ate it and estimated it alot of the time. i still do it but at least i know why my losses are few and far between haha

Back