The really slow loss team!

Well done on your 1lb Pommette, One step closer again. :)
Welcome Helzzz.
Good Luck tonight Lou.

Mid week check in. 100% on plan, loads of speed, superspeed and goodness knows what else. Drinking so much water I'm causing a drought, trying to cut down on Diet Coke, 50% Superfree with each meal and cutting my portions down which is resulting in ......a bloated tummy!!

I'm so glad I bought a countdown otherwise I reckon I'd have quit this week. ANNOYED!!!

Oh and I've got another 2 meals out this week. YIPPEE........:break_diet:

I have wimped out of weigh tonight as my mums scales say a massive 8lbs on ! I don't feel like I put that much on maybe 5 or 6 and my husband thinks he has only put on 4 so I am leaving it this week.
I had booked it off anyway just in case !
It is so difficult getting back into it

I have wimped out of weigh tonight as my mums scales say a massive 8lbs on ! I don't feel like I put that much on maybe 5 or 6 and my husband thinks he has only put on 4 so I am leaving it this week.
Ah chica - thats not fair if you've put on that much. Although Stve manage 10 lbs after 2 weeks in Florida.
A lot of it will be just food weight - it cannot be flab again if you've put it on that quickly. So it will go off quickly! where quickly is a relative term for us tortoises! :cry:

Get back on track and it will start to shift.
:bighug:

I wimped out of my first WI after holidays because my scales said I'd put on 7lbs. The next week, my official gain was 3.5lbs which means had I have gone to WI that first week I'd have lost 3.5lbs and that would've given me a massive boost. Instead, I just got disheartened when I only lost 1lb.
I say go. The truth is you're going to be a heavy as you are now whether you go to WI or not. I say go, face it and then feel fabulous when the majority of it falls off next week.

Good luck, Latte. Nice to have you back. Hope you enjoyed your holibobs :)

i agree with hels hun, if you have gained 8 then next week you will have a good loss and will feel great, by not going next week you will still show up a gain and will feel more disheartened. i have forced myself to go in the past and it has never been as bad as i thought. if you can get to another group hun do it, it will help get you on track too, and remember you was on holiday!!! no guilt!!

i lost half a pound this week, not bad but felt like i lost more but as i didnt keep a food diary i dont know how good or bad i had actually been, so cant complain also i normally only have 1 drink and a tiny amount of food before w.i. but today i had a coffee, 3 pints of juice, a hot water and lemon, a banana, some ham, loads of turkey and mustard, satsumas, cheese and that was it i think. so that may have stopped a better gain haha.

having a night off tonight and tomorrow im starting a fresh on extra easy, i tried no carbs and only red days and im constipated and starving...not a good plan!!!

Thank you all x but I still didn't go. I need to get back into again and to be honest I was also at the hospital this morning for my pre op and my next operation date is middle of January. I got weighed at the hospital and that got me down so I couldn't face another weigh in.
I know next week will still be a plus but I would rather a smaller plus then a huge one .
I need to start writing things down as I am sure my hexs and syns have been out.
I think I had 14 today but maybe only 6 yesterday

i really need to get back on the bike (pre christmas) i gained 2 lb....i know how tho so its all good (or that is what i am kidding myself with) i am really worried because i feel i will never be able to deviate away from plan ever. i know its an eating plan for life etc etc but sometimes it doesnt fit with normal life and sometimes you dont want it too (do you?) I am about 6 lb ish away from my personal target and wonder if i will ever get there and if i will ever maintain it ?

latte, when your ready you will get back i am sure! i am sure it was worth it and hope the hospital goes okay.

Lou its harsh when you feel you have lost and the scales dont show it, i believe you will have a bigish loss next week now.

Hels keep it up, i think i may need a super speed week! do you have a diary on here for me to looksie at?

latte, i am the same with my syns again, i am not keeping track proerly or measuring anything so i think im having 2 syns for something but really deep down i know its more than that. ive just not been doing it if im honest this week. my mum lost 12 pound doing atkins over 3 weeks, and i think this turned my head a bit and i cut out carbs, which i think helped me get that 2 pound loss last week when i didnt really deserve it but then this week, ive eaten very little all week, and have been hungry all week and have only lost half...so need to concentrate on what works for me, i dont bloody like atkins diet anyway i dont know why i started messing about doing a mix of the 2. just desperate to lose weight i guess.

well today i had porridge for brekkie and im still full!!! had both my healthy extras now though so need to think what to have for dinner...maybe a jacket spud with tuna and beans?? i dont have salad though for my 1/3 superfree.....would fruit be ok?

i really need to get back on the bike (pre christmas) i gained 2 lb....i know how tho so its all good (or that is what i am kidding myself with) i am really worried because i feel i will never be able to deviate away from plan ever. i know its an eating plan for life etc etc but sometimes it doesnt fit with normal life and sometimes you dont want it too (do you?) I am about 6 lb ish away from my personal target and wonder if i will ever get there and if i will ever maintain it ?

latte, when your ready you will get back i am sure! i am sure it was worth it and hope the hospital goes okay.

Lou its harsh when you feel you have lost and the scales dont show it, i believe you will have a bigish loss next week now.

Hels keep it up, i think i may need a super speed week! do you have a diary on here for me to looksie at?

Hi Felicity,

Here's a link to my diary. It's in my signature too if you use your phone and can't see it.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...-helsangels-super-angelic-food-diary-not.html

I miss occasional days and rant on to myself but if you can make sense of it, be my guest.

On the subject of speedy stuff, it's really hard to incorperate Super Speedy into day to day life. Speed is fine, almost all veggies and fruit, SS totally different ball game. Unless anyone has a recipe for Bilberries, Guava, Lemon, Tayberries, Mushy Peas, Butter Beans and Dover Sole with a side of Octopus?

No? No one? Really? You all surprise me! :confused: :rolleyes:

:8855::8855::8855::8855:mad:Hels

latte, i am the same with my syns again, i am not keeping track proerly or measuring anything so i think im having 2 syns for something but really deep down i know its more than that. ive just not been doing it if im honest this week. my mum lost 12 pound doing atkins over 3 weeks, and i think this turned my head a bit and i cut out carbs, which i think helped me get that 2 pound loss last week when i didnt really deserve it but then this week, ive eaten very little all week, and have been hungry all week and have only lost half...so need to concentrate on what works for me, i dont bloody like atkins diet anyway i dont know why i started messing about doing a mix of the 2. just desperate to lose weight i guess.

well today i had porridge for brekkie and im still full!!! had both my healthy extras now though so need to think what to have for dinner...maybe a jacket spud with tuna and beans?? i dont have salad though for my 1/3 superfree.....would fruit be ok?

Fruit would be fine Lou but don't eat it just for the sake of it to have SF. You'd be better off not eating it at all. If you can eat the fruit first so you fill up a little more on that or maybe have some free veg or something then great. This way you eat less of the potato.

My consultant at the beginning told me to eat fruit after a meal to make sure I had my SF even if I wasn't hungry. I've since found out from the wonders that are us Minimincers, that it totally defeats the object. Fill up on SF food, eat free food until you are full then STOP. The SuperFree food with the low energy density is there to stop you eating food with more calories. Eat low calorie stuff til you pop, make it interesting with free foods and even more interesting with synned stuff.

Tadaaaa.... Or you could just have the fruit for pudding if you're still hungry! :)

001.jpg

right this is a curry i made, i have just uploaded it for the portion size, is that pile of rice too big? the curry had chicken, carrots, swede, leeks, onions, tinned tomatoes, passatta,tin of mixed beans and spinach chicken stock, herbs and spices, tomato puree, ginger, garlic, and i think that was it....does this seem ok for an extra easy day?

Last edited:
View attachment 22005

right this is a curry i made, i have just uploaded it for the portion size, is that pile of rice too big? the curry had chicken, carrots, swede, leeks, onions, tinned tomatoes, passatta,tin of mixed beans and spinach chicken stock, herbs and spices, tomato puree, ginger, garlic, and i think that was it....does this seem ok for an extra easy day?
Lou - this looks Ace - and perfec t for an EE day.

What I do is wait 20 minutes after I have finished my main course. IF I'm still hungry - only then I will have some melon & pineapple to get my SS and free fruit.

Just a quick note everyone. I am away now for 10 days so I haven't gone awol - just no internet connection.

PS I hit target today. Pleased? Absolutely ecstatic!!!
Proud to have done it with help from my fellow tortoises.

See you in 10 days girlies. Good luck whilst I am away.

Pommette said:
Lou - this looks Ace - and perfec t for an EE day.

What I do is wait 20 minutes after I have finished my main course. IF I'm still hungry - only then I will have some melon & pineapple to get my SS and free fruit.

Just a quick note everyone. I am away now for 10 days so I haven't gone awol - just no internet connection.

PS I hit target today. Pleased? Absolutely ecstatic!!!
Proud to have done it with help from my fellow tortoises.

See you in 10 days girlies. Good luck whilst I am away.

Don't you dare think that you can brush that under the carpet with a quick P.s. That's incredible Pommette, if I was on my laptop I'd do a shower of amazing party smiles and well done banners. CONGRATULATIONS. I'm so, so pleased for you. :) :) :)

Enjoy your time away you little maintainer, you. You've royally cheered me up and given me motivation. Go you. I'm so pleased.

And Lou, your curry looks perfect. I'd have probably had more rice so well done on the restraint.

I'm doing a little dance. Wish I was on my laptop!

:happy096::clap::winner::winner::0clapper::0clapper::0clapper:

to pomette from hels...seeing as she isnt on her laptop (and of course from me too!)

well done pomette!!!!!

i was trying to judge what would be a 3rd of rice, was bloody hard cos i normally fill my plate then put the stuff on top haha but was determined to behave, have snacked quite a bit tonight though and have had a glass of vino haha, but counted everything so its all ok.

POMETTE !! you cant say that and run !!!?? you must be very pleased, a big hearty well done from me as well x

Lou.....where is the rice???blimey its teeny ! is that the average rice sized portions expected on EE ??? christ no wonder I put weight on LOL

Well done Pomme that is brilliant. I am so happy for you x

I weigh out rice and pasta so I know I am not over doing it. I think standard portion of rice is 65g dry weight. I think I have 75g dry weight pasta

Back