The really slow loss team!

Seems like we all have our UPS and downs but we get there in the end. A good cure for trouble with no 2 is ibs....works great lol but a tad irritating. I let the side down again yesterday, after a good food day i had an indian. So not good but really enjoyed it. Xxxxxx to all

Pomette~ I hope you manage to limit it a little, but it will come off :) Plenty of water should help.

I'm here to confess (again). All good on the diet til after work when
- large 99 with clotted cream and two flakes, shall we call it 50 syns ish?
- cadbury flake 11.5
- milky way crispy rolls 6.5
- sunbites crisps 6
- flump 1.5
- mini milk 1.5
- WW caramel wafer 4
so 81 syns so far, also gonna end up being sauce for dinner at 3, and a pack of rolos at 12
96 in total :(

I was having a perfect week (WI is tues night), but this morning I found my 6 year old cat just outside the house dead, and am gutted. I wasn't ready for him to go yet. DH is upset, which made it harder. It's also mothers day, and after three miscarriages and 11 years ttc, I hate the damn day anyhow :( So just generally feeling like crap.

Stupid me.
-

Crys - sorry to hear about your cat. I cried for days when my favourite moggy died and she was 18 and I knew it would happen some time.
Put today behind you and get on with tomorrow!

Not stupid crys, completely understandable. Today is a hard day for many. I am sorry to hear your news.

Food wise, well done for telling us, and now it is written down it is over. New day tomorrow, do something that makes you feel good
Thinking of you
T x

Crys-sorry about it cat. I know what its like to lose a pet. Chin up hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Sweet dreams hun, thinking of u

Thanks girls, I really appreciate it. I'll be ok.

I've lost the plot . . .

I've definitely lost the plot. Can someone explain this to me . . .
Yesterday, as I thought it was Monday, I weighed in and I'd put 2 lbs on from last week (well 0.9k actually as that is what I weight in.)

Couldn't decide whether to face the scales today and just accept the 2 lb gain. But having got up, made a cuppa and done my ablutions I got on the scales and guess what . . . I've lost ¾ lb (0.4k). Not just since yesterday but over the whole week! So that makes 2¾ lb since yetserday !!!!!

Can anyone explain this to me? I know I drank gallons of water yesterday and had a load of melon but what the heck is going on?

Also, now get ready for a laugh, I've moved the scales round the house, swapped them from kgs to lbs, to st/lbs to see if it would make any difference.
Because the Spanish jury says I'm 86.0 k = 13 st 7.2 lbs.
Which means I've missed my 3 st target by 0.2 flippin' lbs.
I told you the stones were my downfall.

Next week is going to be tricky too - Mum arrives tomorrow and although she is supposed to be losing weight (with SW too), I can already hear her saying . .
"Oh it doesn't matter, I'm on holiday".
So we'll eat out a lot and no doubt drink too much wine.

Hey ho - good luck everyone else

Last edited:
Crys - echo bma. Is today looking a bit brighter?

Pomette, that post made me lose the plot! Lol
I have lost 3 lbs overnight before. Not sure where.... Remember that dr who episode of the weird little fat creatures who came out of peoples fat and walked away?? I think that is what happens!

Pomette, that post made me lose the plot! Lol
I have lost 3 lbs overnight before. Not sure where.... Remember that dr who episode of the weird little fat creatures who came out of peoples fat and walked away?? I think that is what happens!

Lol at Dr who

Pomette: I'd count the loss hon. Not far at all to go to get to your next goal :)

woodlandgirl: They were called the Adipose I believe. That episode rocked, and they were sooooo cute!

I'm ok. Still sad, but ok. I managed to get control a tiny bit, so it was 93.5 syns, not 100, but I wrote them all down on my food diary, and explained it to my C by email, and she said not to worry, its understandable. All on track today, tomorrow is weigh in, but I def have my bronze cert and sticker to look forward to regardless of my weight :) Thanks for thinking of me girls.

Adipose !! Tell you what, if my fat grew legs and head and walked away from me, I am not sure cute would be the first words I would say!
X

Adipose - ah ah - never saw that Dr Who episode but did you know this is a real substance? Adipose tissue/fat lives in our body! To quote Wikipedia
Obesity or being overweight in humans and most animals does not depend on body weight but on the amount of body fat—to be specific, adipose tissue.

Brown adipose tissue lurks in our chest and between our shoulder blades and those lucky people who have a lot (like my hubby) are permanently hot so keep skinny no matter what they eat as they burn up the calories more quickly.

Others, like me, don't have enough of it so don't burn the calories up as quickly, and I'm alway cold.

So there you go. Science lesson over. LOL

I'd be pretty chuffed, it'd be way quicker!

Sorry ladies been away from you all. Although I'm not sure I've come back to the right place I seem to have stepped into the geek forum lol :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Please don't kick me out, I like hanging out with you! It's only fluke as DH is on nights so weigh in was only 2 hours after waking (no breakfast etc), rather than 11 as usual.

Crys I hope you ate feeling better. Totally understandable that you ate feeling blue so please don't beat yourself up hunny- be kind to yourself xxx

I am weighing in on thurs and have been on a one way ticket to hog land this week- Mcdonalds, pub meal, nandos, loads of booze. And all apart from the nandos it was with a group of other slimming world consultants on our trip to head office this weekend!!! We are awful!! Trouble is ironically I'm so stressed setting up my new SW group that what do i turn to? Food!! I snould be ashamed

Back