The really slow loss team!

Hi jenny i do a food diary but would nt drink a lot of actual water.Do you and find that helps? Ill do that this wk.I measure my healthy extras all except skimmed milk as i have that as my healthy a in about 5 decaf coffees.
Im seriously thinking of goin back to calorie counting as scientifically i cant see how i can eat as much of certain foods as i want as at the end of the day losing weight is like a balance, less has to come in than is used up, therefore deficit,therfore weight loss

Yea it does and I also find I loose more if I've eaten more - if I've had all my syns and eaten plenty during the day. Don't give up and talk to your consultant about your diary, or post it here and we can give you some pointers x

keep trying -you may have hit a plateau . cos your close to target. Don't give up -keep on plodding. Jenny gave you good advice.Try some superspeedy stuff as well.

Omg only 1/2lb on despite everything!! Never imagined I could b this happy over a gain haha!!

im there 6 wks and have lost 3 lbs, its a joke. I just dont know what im doin wrong. I normally exercise 4 times a wk but only twice this week. I know i dont have stones to loose but have some and if im following plan why am i not loosing it?
Sorry, really bad form after that just now, its ruined my day!
Michelle - are you doing EE? It works for a lot of people but not for me. I find that I overeat as nearly all the foods I like are free. And as I can eat a serious amount in one sitting without getting overful it just doesn't work.

Yes - you do need to drink lots of water. AT LEAST 8 glasses a day - preferably more. I was asked about this a while back and did some research and wrote a bit about it on my diary.
Water

Try superspeed fruits (melon, berries) they work really well for me.

Have you read these 2 threads - they offer some insight into some of the ways we can go wrong.
SW Advice for Newcomers
SW FAQs

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Thanks Pommette i will definitely try the water.How are you managing to loose then if you dont do EE, green or red.My con said maybe try some green days which i am doing to mix it up a bit.I also exercise about 4 times a week

TBH I am starting to think that SW just doesn't suit me (apparently it doesn't suit everyone) and I might change to WW or even Lighter Life for a boost.

I have been on plan 100% for the past 6 days and have still not lost an ounce! Unless there is a mysterious shift before weigh in tomorrow morning I will have STS :mad: It is very disheartening when you are following the rules the same as others, but they are shifting loads and you aren't :sigh:

• I am keeping a diary (on here and at home)
  • I am drinking loads
  • I am exercising
  • I am following the plan 100%

Dunno what else to do now :(

Hi Annya, im with you.I actually left group yesterday because i could nt bear to sit through all the 3st, 2st,half stone (in one wk) awards.I felt like such a failure!

Ive been doing that for 2 months.You need to eat on the plan cos it speeds up your metabolism. If you treat it like ww/calorie counting it will not work. Try eating more before you give up.Remember its long term not a quick fix and thats why it will stay off.

Michelle and Anya don't give up, and anya, if you go to a group put your scales away!! My scales at home point blank refuse to let me go below 10st but I'm 3lb under that at class. My C does secret weigh which we all hate but cos we hide our own scales for a week we have better losses. If you weigh midweek and think your doing ok you might treat yourself and if your doing rubbish you might think "oh blow it".
And yes I've found that I can weigh the day before WI and think nothing has changed then it just seems to go next day. Keep at it, drink plenty of water make sure your having your 1/3 superfree, because sometimes we think we are having it and we aren't, measure your HE, eat plenty of SS foods and don't give up!! My consultant told me she had a lady who gained 3lb in her first week then lost 7lb the following week x

Also post your diary's ladies. Sometimes 20 eyes are better than 2 lol

I don't go to group Jenny as my nearest one is nearly 20 miles away (I live in rural Wales). I was going to join online, but it's too expensive with only me working now. I have the books, a food directory and get the mag every month too, plus I get lots of pointers (and support) from Minimins too.......... thank you!

I weigh in at home on a Friday, but have started getting a bit obssessive about jumping on the scales in between "just to check".......... I might have to get my husband to hide them!

Annya said:
I don't go to group Jenny as my nearest one is nearly 20 miles away (I live in rural Wales). I was going to join online, but it's too expensive with only me working now. I have the books, a food directory and get the mag every month too, plus I get lots of pointers (and support) from Minimins too.......... thank you!

I weigh in at home on a Friday, but have started getting a bit obssessive about jumping on the scales in between "just to check".......... I might have to get my husband to hide them!

Yep do it!! I have to get my OH to do the same or you i get obsessive and it can be really emotional without you even realising. Try it for one week, see if it works Hun x

Pommette said:
Michelle - are you doing EE? It works for a lot of people but not for me. I find that I overeat as nearly all the foods I like are free. And as I can eat a serious amount in one sitting without getting overful it just doesn't work.

Yes - you do need to drink lots of water. AT LEAST 8 glasses a day - preferably more. I was asked about this a while back and did some research and wrote a bit about it on my diary.
Water

Try superspeed fruits (melon, berries) they work really well for me.

Have you read these 2 threads - they offer some insight into some of the ways we can go wrong.
SW Advice for Newcomers
SW FAQs

Hope this helps

Oh and look at pommettes links too!

Hi jennyc, thks so much for all the advice.Is at down last night and read almost of of this thread and my head is now back in the right place because it seems to happen to everyone.I've tried getting Pommette's diary but keep getting that privilege message so maybe when i have 50 posts it will let me.
I am feeling positve again.Im going to keep up with the water and gonna get some scan bran and give that ago.
You were saying EE does nt work for you so do you do green or red.I've never done red but know that reducing carbs has worked for me before(on celebrity slim)so may try that

Only half a pound for me this week - but I have lost about another 0.5% of my body fat, which is great!

My other half said he thought I looked like I'd lost more than 1/2 a pound and I certainly think my legs look noticeably thinner, so the extra toning sessions and the 30 Day Shred must be having an effect.

Not as much as I would have liked, but better than the STS I expected!

Back