The really slow loss team!

Better than a gain Jenny!

Getting depressed. 1lb gain. Gotta give myself a talking to. Need to get back on track :cry:

Think of the 22lbs you have already lost and go back to basic tomorrow.

If you recall, I fell monumentally off the wagon and gained 1.5lbs last week, but I have tried to be stricter than strict this week. TBH I daren't get on the scales as I really don't know what I'll do if I haven't at least got back to where I was a fortnight ago when I weigh in on Friday, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Big hugs Annie :hug99::hug99::hug99: onwards and downwards........... :)

Gutted!

I stayed the same this week and was absolutely gutted:cry:
Stuck completely to plan all week :confused:
Consultant said maybe the exercise I have been doing means I need a snack afterwards so I am going to try that.
I so nearly cried in the class but held it together:eek:
Trying to be positive and hope next week will be better:)

I stayed the same this week and was absolutely gutted:cry:
Stuck completely to plan all week :confused:
Consultant said maybe the exercise I have been doing means I need a snack afterwards so I am going to try that.
I so nearly cried in the class but held it together:eek:
Trying to be positive and hope next week will be better:)

So sorry honey :(

Just a thought - are you taking your measurements as well as weighing? If you are doing lots of work in the gym you may be putting on muscle and losing inches rather than pounds.........

Last week I GAINED 1.5lbs :eek: and, apart from a single day of relative naughtiness (not that bad either!), I stuck 100% to plan too :sigh: However, I did lose another 0.2% of body fat according to my scales (which measure body fat %tage as well as weight) and I did loads of exercise... cross trainer, 30 day shred, usual long walks (even some jogging now) up hill and down dale with Lily, cycling etc so I wonder if you might have done the same.

Make sure you are keeping an eye on your body measurements as well as your weight and try some melon or other superspeed fruit after a work out..... feed that afterburn :D

I know it's hard, but try not to be too dispondent - I sneaked a look on the scales this morning prior to my weigh in tomorrow morning and it looks like I have lost around 2lbs this week - a HUGE amount for me as a slow loser, so I reckon I'm making up for my disappointing gain last week. Hopefully you will do the same :)

Annya:Ah thanks.:)
I did take my measurements and have lost 5 and half inches over last few weeks so maybe it is the exercise:I only swim maybe 2/3 times a week for 35 mins and just started doing a gentle exercise dvd a couple of times a week/walk the dog daily and long walk sometimes with OH at weekends but I am not able to do too much exercise so didn't think it would make much difference:confused:
I have scales like yours and set it up this morning so can check it each week to see if there is any difference.
I will def try the melon:good idea.
Thanks for the support:feel better already and good luck with your WI:)

This is so encouraging! I have been doing so much exercise too and weight is going up! Ha ha. I hear that my body shape will change and I will be shrinking and then back to weight loss. I know it is good for me, it's just hard not seeing the loss!

Keep going everyone, our hearts and lungs thank us! :)

Hi Annya sorry for not posting earlier. Drawn a line in the sand after beating myself up about my gain.
Trying success express for a few days to see how I get on. More walking planned and use the exercise machine more frequently :)

Sorry about the STS Holiday girl.
Another thought too. Have you actually been eating enough? Having all your Hex's and syns? Sometimes our bodies rebel and almost go into starvation mode if you don't give them enough food. That may explain the STS.

Come on ladies let's all chin up!! We may b the tortoise team but this is a marathon not a sprint it's not about how fast we get there but that we get there!
Im 7lb off target so 1lb per week = 7 weeks, less than 2 months! We can all do this!!
We should have some little challenges - how much we want to loose this month. Superclass challenge etc and you should all try secret weigh!! PAT may be a long way for some but mini ones are closer xx

Hiya Everyone :wavey:

Have you got room for me??

14lbs in 18 weeks so far.

I finally had a breakthrough this week with a 2.5lb loss but would imagine it was a fluke and I will revert to type next week.

Would love the support and encouragement of others like me.
Good luck all this week
xx

Hi Cleogin - course we've got room for another! Welcome

Jenny - hear hear. I'm currently doing a 12 week countdown to try and get to my interim target. Started with 10.5 to go and now down to just over 7. It certainly inspired me the forst week! The tortoise overtook the har last week - but back to normal this week. BUT I WILL GET THERE!

Hiya Everyone :wavey:

Have you got room for me??

14lbs in 18 weeks so far.

I finally had a breakthrough this week with a 2.5lb loss but would imagine it was a fluke and I will revert to type next week.

Would love the support and encouragement of others like me.
Good luck all this week
xx

Welcome to the slow loser brigade. We might be plodders, but we are a happy bunch nevertheless.

I hope you enjoy our company - I for one admit that I feel a whole lot better about my slow losses since I met this group :D

It can get quite disheartening when you read of other people's 3, 4 and even 5lbs per week losses :(

Well - the race is not for the swift, nor the battle for the strong - and we all prove that here :8855:

I did enjoy these last posts. I have been in the same boat. Really trying to up my excercsie and have seen my loses crawl, if happen at all. I took measurements 2 weeks ago but haven't been ready to retake them for fear of not seeing any inprovement! Holiday girl, I know one of my pitfalls was not eating after exercise, I just wasn't thinking and when I went back over my diet I realised that with my exercise plan I had more than a few days where I dipped under 1200 calories.. to which the body always has a nasty rebuttal.

Hang in there all.

After a series of disheartening (well, that's what I thought) weeks of 1lb losses, I am so pleased to have found this group. My first two weeks were 5lb losses and then the plodding kicked in. I was so upset when the first 1lb came up and even though people were saying ' a loss is a loss' I couldn't see it.

Now I have concluded that I am in the slow boat to target ... but, I will get there ... eventually :sigh:

Thanks everyone, I realise I might not be eating enough!:confused: (OH is falling on the floor laughing now):eek:
I am going to vary my food this week and have been patiently cutting out recipes etc to try this week, so fingers crossed, and I had a banana after swimming today:)
Have a good week everyone and thanks for
the support:)

Going to do success express for a few days. Will see how I get on. Looking through the other posts, it looks like I haven`t been eating enough (of the right food!)
Haven`t measured myself either so that might help. Feel a bit better than I did before

Back