The really slow loss team!

jennyc_uk said:
Happy birthday to all you birthday girls this week!
I used my birthday as an excuse to have a day off plan but wen you've got this sat in front of you it would be wrong to say no :D I've got every respect for anyone that can stick to plan on birthdays.
WI tomorrow expecting to be back to the slow ways after last weeks loss. A loss is a loss but would be great to lose 1lb and get my 1.5st award but not holding my breath. Expecting a gain after tgi Fridays yesterday for my friends birthday - well it would be wrong to have salad wen tgi ribs are on offer lol x

Birthdays come once a year and there are 364 other days to be good, 363 taking Christmas out of the equation and 364 again next year as it's a leap year! It's a fool's game to be good! Mmmm your little tea party cake stand looks delish! Smoked salmon sandwiches rock! Happy Birthday girls! X

Last edited:
Can I join in the birthday celebrations?

Feeling left out!lol

I`d have to be like the Queen and have two birthdays as mine isn`t until March!! :D

Well done looooosers!

Well I just had 3 days camping in our wood.
Beer olives crisps chocolate marshmallows sausages.... Need I say more?? I loved it ;-)

Can I join in the birthday celebrations?

Feeling left out!lol

I`d have to be like the Queen and have two birthdays as mine isn`t until March!! :D
Course you can join in! The only problem is if we all join in with each others that really screws up the 1-day a year theory!

Well done looooosers!

Well I just had 3 days camping in our wood.
Beer olives crisps chocolate marshmallows sausages.... Need I say more?? I loved it ;-)
Apart from the marshmallows (which I loathe) I think I could love this too!

I'm preparing myself for WI this evening. After doing everything 'right' this week and eating mainly superfree foods and drinking water today, I'm expecting STS and hoping for more :(

Most people at group seem to make soups to aid their losses ... I really hate soup :sign0137: I hate the look (especially if it is a 'floaty food' soup), I hate the texture. I do wonder whether, if I did like soup, the route to a slimmer me would be a bit more direct and a loss less meandering. :confused:

I have made a super speed soup this week and i am having a bowl every lunch, my weigh in is not till thursday so hopefully i will have a loss this week

Probably ready to join here properly now!
Stats so far
Week one put on 0.5lb
Week two lost 3.5lb
Week three lost 2lb
Week four put on 0.5lb
Week five STS

Total loss since 13.07.11 is 4.5lb

I reckon I will slow down even further now. I knew the first losses were too good to be true

I'm preparing myself for WI this evening. After doing everything 'right' this week and eating mainly superfree foods and drinking water today, I'm expecting STS and hoping for more :(

Most people at group seem to make soups to aid their losses ... I really hate soup :sign0137: I hate the look (especially if it is a 'floaty food' soup), I hate the texture. I do wonder whether, if I did like soup, the route to a slimmer me would be a bit more direct and a loss less meandering. :confused:

Some folks swear by it and others say it make no difference at all to their weight losses. I think you will just have to sup it and see :) (I know, very corny!).

I think I am going to have a go at it myself, as my losses are pretty pathetic and my gains pretty spectacular at the moment :sigh:

welcome latte i am new! with the speed soup where can i find the recipe please? i hear it all the time but cant find it, i have to say i find soup dull and a waste or if i eat it its a starter to a meal

Got some speed soup in my fridge and more in the freezer. OMG!! I am organised!!

"Recipe" - Fling open your fridge & store cupboard!
Others might do it slightly differently, but here`s mine!

The following veg cut into chunks-
2 carrots
1 parsnip
1 swede
2 leeks
1 onion
handful of mushrooms (cos I love em!)
2 cans of chopped tomatoes
1 can of baked beans
1 can mixed beans
tomato puree
worcester sauce to taste
salt & pepper

When veg is prepared chuck the whole lot into a saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer until the veg is cooked.
Adjust seasoning to taste.

I find it very filling and it`s a meal on it`s own.
Hope it helps!! ENJOY!! :D

I am so, so sorry. I lost 2.5lbs last night:wave_cry:

Hope that your won't kick me out the group. I am pretty sure that it won't happen again.

Hope that your won't kick me out the group. I am pretty sure that it won't happen again.

Be careful - you have now had more big losses than small ones - you'll be giving the rest of us a complex :8855:

Consider this your first verbal warning! :D
Get three and it's a written one!

Oops lost 2lb, so 10lbs in 5 weeks: not so slow:eek:

0.5lb off so I regain my shiny slow loser sticker this week lol
0.5lb to my 1.5st award!! I've been trying to get it since April!!

Absolutely GrannieAnnie - far too many people on VBs at the mo!

*edit* PS - VBs are the same as Verbal Warnings but using a well known swear word for the male round objects!

Last edited:
Back