The really slow loss team!

Think I have to go back to the naughty step!!:D

Minor miracle - 3lbs off!! Been walking round the village for an hour a day. If I hadn`t lost anything I`d have been disappointed!!

Don`t chuck me off the team please!!

Years ago, I went to see a hypnotist about my weight among other things, and he said it was a mistake to focus on "weight" and that the important thing was to "melt fat away", so sometimes I think about this when the scales betray me and my efforts!

My clothes feel looser and I feel more comfortable.

Weigh in for me tonight. 100% on plan so expecting at least 4 lbs off! (Not really - may have to settle for 1/2 lb, but please no gain or STS please....).

Flabulous said:
Years ago, I went to see a hypnotist about my weight among other things, and he said it was a mistake to focus on "weight" and that the important thing was to "melt fat away", so sometimes I think about this when the scales betray me and my efforts!

Weigh in for me tonight. 100% on plan so expecting at least 4 lbs off! (Not really - may have to settle for 1/2 lb, but please no gain or STS please....).

Oohh that's interesting I might try that!!

Good luck for tonight and great advice - thank you :D

Everyone is sounding positive, it's nice to read :)

I've been feeling pretty down recently but coming on here cheers me up! Got my WI this lunchtime (in about 45 mins, in fact!) so will have to see how it goes, not expecting great things, but will let you know! Will get back on the wagon in any case...

Glad to hear you're doing well Lou, just keep swimming, as they say! And GrannieAnnie, my gosh, surely it's time for you to join a FAST LOSERS group?!! :p Congrats on such good losses!

Will face the music for my WI and take a deep breath and just keep going!

xXx

Don`t think there`s a fast losers group! :D
My spurts of energy come in fits and starts. Give it time, normal service will soon be resumed!! :D

Got 10lbs to my current target which I would love to do by the end of the year!!

Back to normal:put on half a pound so can def stay in this group now:(
Completely stuck to plan but conclusion was I don't eat enough: burning it all off swimming so much apparently:confused:

Back to normal:put on half a pound so can def stay in this group now:(
Completely stuck to plan but conclusion was I don't eat enough: burning it all off swimming so much apparently:confused:

Can't ruddy win , can you :confused: They tell you to exercise and then blame the exercise when you gain or maintain FCOL :(

Can't ruddy win , can you :confused: They tell you to exercise and then blame the exercise when you gain or maintain FCOL :(

Couldn't have put that better myself: exactly how I felt:)
Still I must put it behind me and move on:eek:

I really dont understand Slimming World and exercise as at least with WW or calorie counting you can eat more if you exercise. Whereas SW dont seem to compensate for it at all.

I suppose if you are doing EE and you are exercising lots then maybe have an extra HEX ?

Hmm, the swimming thing is really weird! I'd agree and say that maybe have another HE B every few days to make up for the swimming - maybe your body isn't getting enough calories/nutrients so it's holding on to the pounds rather than dropping them? Alternatively I have heard that people quite often will do a lot of exercise, gain/STS one week, and then drop a lot the next week, almost like you have to wait for it to catch up with you? But exercising will never be bad for weight loss overall! Maybe you're putting on muscle? :)

Ho hum, I do not get this thing, after not feeling too great about things, I lost 1lb this week, still slow but very good for me! Must be all those going up and down stairs I did when I moved house....:rolleyes:

Slow and steady for next week! xXx

I have just decided. I've got WI at half five and I'm normally a "starve before WI" kinda girl. I go nil by mouth at 2pm and have minimal lunch. I'm going to gain anyway tonight so I'm going to eat and drink as absolutely normal. Fed up of being starving and thirsty every Thursday for a half fake reading. Just tucking into a juicy peach and a lovely cup of tea. :)

You know what, HelsAngel, I think that's a good idea, even when you're not expecting a gain.

I used to pretty much starve myself before WI too, and it really made very little difference (except I was seriously moody and headachy when I got to WI!!). Everyone obviously does what works for them, but as long as I don't stuff myself before WI, I don't notice a big change week on week. Like today, I had my usual 6 Ryvita Crispbreads + salmon pate, some fruit, a coffee + milk, and a load of water before going, and it was still ok.

So a peach and a nice cup of tea sounds like a plan to me! :)

On my first week I was told, a pint of water weighs a pound and a quarter. I always used to try and cheat the scales but as corny as it is, I'm only cheating myself. My trousers are still falling down so it won't make that much difference will it?!

Oh god, apologies everyone. I bleated on about gaining this week, honest my home scales said so! I stayed the same. Yippee you say but no. Because I'd been drinking and eating as normal and not starving myself, I managed a wee and was allowed to weigh again. I lost a half and FINALLY got my stone. GET IN. Halle-freaking-luyah. Will get online shortly and update my stats and ticker. My favorite part.

Oh, and my fella promised me a pair of shoes for my stone. Just in time for my holibobs :)

Back