The really slow loss team!

Went to weigh in last night and after 100% effort, the scales said I had lost a pound.

I am happy about this, but as I had gained 2 the week before (and considering what I had eaten), it seems a little stingy.

Still this is the way of Really Slow Weight Loss, so musn't grumble.

On holiday next week so will do my best, without ruining it for my partner, to stick to plan as much as possible. :)

wow took me alot of catching up with the posts today. you lovely chatty bunch :)

helsangel, well done you!! i normally starve myself on wi too but as i am starting a fresh i am just going to eat as normal, my wi is at 5pm so i wont obviously eat my tea before i go but im going to have a normal lunch and a drink in the afternoon as i dont think it makes a difference either. well done on your stone award :) i only needed half to get my stone 2 weeks ago but as i have been severely off plan for over a week i will be presuming i have taken a step back but never mind.

on the exercise thing... i think initialy it does stop you showing a loss on the scales but if you stick with it and dont eat more to compensate the weight will start coming off. if your burning more calories than your using your not going to stay the same or gain every week, it doesnt work like that. but, when you start an exercise regime that your body isnt used to it holds on to water for the first couple of weeks to protect your muscles from being damaged, but once your body gets used to it and realises its going to be a regular occurance you lose the water and have a great weight loss. i made the mistake of blaming exercise for me not losing and gave up, i lost 2 and a half that week and felt like that concreted my beliefs but since that good loss i have hardly lost anything and have gained so easily, and i feel flabby and wobbly so am starting an exercise regime again next week. at the end of the day the goal isnt so much the scales its our size, id rather drop a dress size through exercise but the scales show ive not lost much than lose a stone but still be the same size iykwim?

my first day back on plan went very well, i was really hungry by night time so i cooked some eggs and had them, so quite pleased that avoided eating rubbish. see how i do today!

No chance of the naughty step for me again this week - I lost another spectacular 0.2lbs :rolleyes:

However, I have also lost another 1% body fat so the shredding must be working!

I got brave and dug out some of my more stretchy jeans this morning that I haven't worn for a good long while (I refuse to buy bigger than size 14 jeans so I've been living in joggers for months!) and not one but three pairs of them fit me now :woohoo: Admittedly in one pair when I sit down it's more of a Victoria sandwich cake than a muffin top :8855: but at least they all go on without an "overhang" round the waistband standing now so I am well pleased!

Good luck to all us slow losers this week :)

YAY Annya - just keep chipping away - slow and steady wins the race, and as you say the fat %age is going down. And fantastic that you can get into your jeans. I wish I was somewhere near a size 14 !!! In my dreams . . .

Well done HelsAngel on getting to the stone.

And Flabulous - 1 lb is ace!

And anyone else I have forgotten - got visitors staying with us for 2 weeks so can't get on Minis that much!

well i have really done well on my diet this time. im doing red days and i feel less hungry and not even wanting carbs. looking forward to tuesday so i know where im at in regards to what i weigh and starting from scratch again. ive not used syns for treats as i havent felt like i have needed them. i have bought some options hot chocolate sachets for a night time when im peckish which seems to be helping and ive been drinking sugar free juice in a night to satidfy that need to have something tasty to eat. have made an 'appointment' with the gym 3 times a week, set days so its more likely to become a habit and am going to get a programme done this time rather than just pottering about doing very little!! i hope this all works and i start to lose weight again but if not im sure i will feel healthier and happier! hows everyone else getting on?

I haven't been doing too well as we went to London for the day on Saturday and I had the worlds biggest meringue as well as tempura and macaroons.
Then Sunday I had my hummingbird bakery cupcake and more macaroons.
I also discovered that the free sweet herring fillets are not free but he whole tub is an eye watering 30 syns.
I was so upset yesterday I completely missed out dinner.

Lost 1/2lb :(

Better than nowt Sara and definitely better than a gain! You beat my "amazing" 0.2lb loss too :8855:

Slow and steady does it............ (we need a tortoise emoticon - does anyone know an admin??).

Last edited:
I sts again!!!

Well done conlou, sounds good. Just remember you do need at least 5 syns a day ;-)
I need some of your commitment right now! X

oh im having some syns, but i use them for marmalade on my toast and light mayo on my sandwiches and gravy that type of thing. i was using them for crisps and chocolate which is fine but for me if i get a taste for it i just want more!! i was committed a few weeks ago but then i got ill and had to have an op and i just couldnt do it so i gave my self some time off, i ate what i wanted and put about 7 pound on in a week. but its done me good cos i have eaten what i wanted and now i dont feel like im missing out cos all it did was make me feel sluggish and fed up.

I haven't been doing too well as we went to London for the day on Saturday and I had the worlds biggest meringue as well as tempura and macaroons.
Then Sunday I had my hummingbird bakery cupcake and more macaroons.
I also discovered that the free sweet herring fillets are not free but he whole tub is an eye watering 30 syns.
I was so upset yesterday I completely missed out dinner.

oh no!! youve done what i did with the damn mackerel. i havent eaten it since lol. dont dwell on it, you cant undo it now hun and dont try to make up for it cos youll just get really fed up feeling restricted. draw a line under it and start again from now, and dont look back. hey i put 7 pound on in a week i wouldnt worry love!! lol :) chin up, these things happen xx

Thank you Conlou that helps. I feel so stupid I thought rollmop and sweet herring was free.
I had been saving syns for London but reckon I had 16 on Friday 30 on Saturday and 30 yesterday.
It has taken me 9 weeks to lose 7lbs I can't put that back on again in one week.
I am saving that for Florida in 8 weeks time !

Can`t think what`s the matter with me!! OH threatening to call the doc.

2nd week if sticking to plan 100% and less than 15 syns each day. Been doing masses of exercise (most unlike me!!). Going for walks each day lasting about 45 mins each time. Also using the exercise machine at home. Can`t afford Zumba classes and pay for group each Wednesday. So after trawling the internet have decided to go on Youtube. There`s some good stuff on there. (As well as dreadful!lol).
Will do Zumba at home from Youtube.
Will keep you posted on how I get on!! :D

Can`t think what`s the matter with me!! OH threatening to call the doc.

2nd week if sticking to plan 100% and less than 15 syns each day. Been doing masses of exercise (most unlike me!!). Going for walks each day lasting about 45 mins each time. Also using the exercise machine at home. Can`t afford Zumba classes and pay for group each Wednesday. So after trawling the internet have decided to go on Youtube. There`s some good stuff on there. (As well as dreadful!lol).
Will do Zumba at home from Youtube.
Will keep you posted on how I get on!! :D

We'll be slinging you off for consistently losing too much Annie :8855: :8855: :8855:

just thought I would let you know my trip to ww has resulted in a weight gain, :cry:so back to sw for another go!!

Welcome home. Sometimes a change is as good as a rest you know, so you may find your weight losses will improve now.

If not, we are always here to share, care and commiserate (I especially need this - have you seen my spectacularly pathetic losses recently :rolleyes:) :)

Hi ladies, please don't shout and scream, but I've lost another 1lb which has taken me down into the 10st range...and just 3lb from Target!!!! I'm so excited!!X

Back