The really slow loss team!

Hi ladies, please don't shout and scream, but I've lost another 1lb which has taken me down into the 10st range...and just 3lb from Target!!!! I'm so excited!!X

:woohoo::party0011::wee: Way to go!!!!!!

Yippee Hevs!!! So close now. Keep on chipping away.

You'll be pleased to know ladies that I am out of the naughty corner! With absolutely no need to do any lines this week.

I gained ¾ lb - which I'm actually over the moon about :D. The reason? We have friends staying with us for 2 weeks and last week we ate out 6 times. By saturday morning I was 2¼ lbs UP - after a very large 4 course meal on Friday. But had a good weekend and minimised the damage.

Less trips out this week but I don't expect to lose but am aimimg for a STS.

Slow and steady does it............ (we need a tortoise emoticon - does anyone know an admin??).

I can't find any icons of tortoises but try these 3 for your sigs if you like. Copy & paste either the picture or the html code into your sig (including the IMG tags] - the piccies are in one of my albums as I posted them on another thread a while back.

Shout if you need any further help!

49842-albums3274-picture19755.jpg
HTML:
[img]http://www.minimins.com/members/49842-albums3274-picture19755.jpg[/img]

49842-albums3274-picture19754.jpg
HTML:
[img]http://www.minimins.com/members/49842-albums3274-picture19754.jpg[/img]

49842-albums3274-picture19753.jpg
HTML:
[img]http://www.minimins.com/members/49842-albums3274-picture19753.jpg[/img]

Last edited:
just thought I ar would let you know my trip to ww has resulted in a weight gain, :cry:so back to sw for another go!!

Goodluck sweetie! Am sad to hear that you gained weight in your first try. Who knows, positive results await you in your second attempt.

I can't find any icons of tortoises but try these 3 for your sigs if you like. Copy & paste either the picture or the html code into your sig (including the IMG tags] - the piccies are in one of my albums as I posted them on another thread a while back.

Shout if you need any further help!

49842-albums3274-picture19755.jpg
HTML:
[img]http://www.minimins.com/members/49842-albums3274-picture19755.jpg[/img]

49842-albums3274-picture19754.jpg
HTML:
[img]http://www.minimins.com/members/49842-albums3274-picture19754.jpg[/img]

49842-albums3274-picture19753.jpg
HTML:
[img]http://www.minimins.com/members/49842-albums3274-picture19753.jpg[/img]

I can't see any pics Bev and the html code just comes out as the html code on my signature :(

I might have to see if I can find and insert something via my Photobucket account.

For now I've just acknowledged my proud membership of the tortoise loss team :8855: :8855:

Heheee loving the tortoise imagery Bev!! We could use some snail ones too!! I think tortoises would beat snails! Sometimes I'm definitely at snail-pace! X

Awwwww..... I can't see them - and I'm on a PC too so I don't know what's the matter :(

:) Hi, I decided to give ww a go as I felt so fed up with sw, losing and gaining the same 4lbs since June!! I also do a lot of exercising maybe 3-4 zumba classes a week but that still does not speed up weight loss,I have exercised all my adult life so it's not new to me.
I wonder if trying to count calories is the way to go? As sw does not seem to work with exercise,and to be honest I am getting bored with sw and the slow losses!:sigh: I feel confused:confused: at the min,and too boot its only I think, 12/13 wi to xmas. I am in the right frame of mind to start a healthy eating plan as I have also got my 25th wedding anniversary on 18/10 and would like to stay on track be it sw or calories. sorry about the rant, thanks for your replies to my earlier post,have tried to multi quote but am no good at it!!!:grouphugg: What ever I decide I hope you will let me stay in the team as I feel at home and loved xxxxxx

:) Hi, I decided to give ww a go as I felt so fed up with sw, losing and gaining the same 4lbs since June!! I also do a lot of exercising maybe 3-4 zumba classes a week but that still does not speed up weight loss,I have exercised all my adult life so it's not new to me.
I wonder if trying to count calories is the way to go? As sw does not seem to work with exercise,and to be honest I am getting bored with sw and the slow losses!:sigh: I feel confused:confused: at the min,and too boot its only I think, 12/13 wi to xmas. I am in the right frame of mind to start a healthy eating plan as I have also got my 25th wedding anniversary on 18/10 and would like to stay on track be it sw or calories. sorry about the rant, thanks for your replies to my earlier post,have tried to multi quote but am no good at it!!!:grouphugg: What ever I decide I hope you will let me stay in the team as I feel at home and loved xxxxxx

I think you have to do what you think is right for you honey.

In my case it makes little difference - I am always going to be slow loser not matter what plan I chose as I have medical problems and medication both of which have the potential to make me gain weight stacked against me. I try to be philosophical about it and just soldier on :rolleyes: - I will get there in the end, but I am resigned to the fact that I could be here a long while :sigh:

Are you measuring your body fat and vital stats as well perchance? The reason I ask is because despite the fact that I have only lost 0.4lb in the last fortnight I have dropped 1% of my body fat and lost several inches too - especially round my hips and tummy. Like you, I do lots of exercise, although mine is mostly power walking up and down the Welsh hills twice a day with an ethusiastic Dobermann :doggy: (around 4 miles a day) and I also do the 30 day shred daily and a YMCA toning video every other day.

Anyway, whatever road you decide to travel, we will always love you on the tortoise loss team :grouphugg: as long as you remain a tortoise and need the support and cameraderie :D

I think you have to do what you think is right for you honey.

In my case it makes little difference - I am always going to be slow loser not matter what plan I chose as I have medical problems and medication both of which have the potential to make me gain weight stacked against me. I try to be philosophical about it and just soldier on :rolleyes: - I will get there in the end, but I am resigned to the fact that I could be here a long while :sigh:

Are you measuring your body fat and vital stats as well perchance? The reason I ask is because despite the fact that I have only lost 0.4lb in the last fortnight I have dropped 1% of my body fat and lost several inches too - especially round my hips and tummy. Like you, I do lots of exercise, although mine is mostly power walking up and down the Welsh hills twice a day with an ethusiastic Dobermann :doggy: (around 4 miles a day) and I also do the 30 day shred daily and a YMCA toning video every other day.

Anyway, whatever road you decide to travel, we will always love you on the tortoise loss team :grouphugg: as long as you remain a tortoise and need the support and cameraderie :D
I have lost 2st since april 2010,which I am very pleased with and am now a size 16 from a 20/22, I do toning exercises each day and this week have got my daughters dog:chores016: to walk.Maybe I just have to finally accept that I am a fully fledged member of the tortoise team what ever I decide,and I will never look or lose like I did at 21!!!!! and as people I work with say it's your figure or your face at our age!!! [49]:giggle:

I have lost 2st since april 2010,which I am very pleased with and am now a size 16 from a 20/22, I do toning exercises each day and this week have got my daughters dog:chores016: to walk.Maybe I just have to finally accept that I am a fully fledged member of the tortoise team what ever I decide,and I will never look or lose like I did at 21!!!!! and as people I work with say it's your figure or your face at our age!!! [49]:giggle:

Yep, I agree. I'm 52 now and have resigned myself to the fact that I will never see my beautiful chiseled cheekbones again :rolleyes: or my ribs for that matter :8855: :8855: :8855:

Slow and steady - we will get there. Take my advice and start measuring your body fat and vital stats too - you might pleasantly surprised!

Sigh 1lb on and so the cycle continues.
Why can't I lose weight like ordinary people.
I know I went to London for the day but overall I have not gone over my weekly syns.
Should I peel my half stone sticker off my book :(

Yep, I agree. I'm 52 now and have resigned myself to the fact that I will never see my beautiful chiseled cheekbones again :rolleyes: or my ribs for that matter :8855: :8855: :8855:

Slow and steady - we will get there. Take my advice and start measuring your body fat and vital stats too - you might pleasantly surprised!
Will do:)

I know I went to London for the day but overall I have not gone over my weekly syns.

Nah...... you'll lose it again next week :)

well i will go and take my place on the naughty step.

after checking my weight on my hospital notes from last wed i had put 4 and a half on, so decided to up the exercise and have done red days, i was expecting to have maybe lost the weight i gained after my week of binge but no...i lost that and another 2 and a half on top!!!!!

i cannot believe it! i think red days are the way forward for me, well see if i have another good loss next week, if i do do i have to leave :( xxx

conlou1 said:
well i will go and take my place on the naughty step.

after checking my weight on my hospital notes from last wed i had put 4 and a half on, so decided to up the exercise and have done red days, i was expecting to have maybe lost the weight i gained after my week of binge but no...i lost that and another 2 and a half on top!!!!!

i cannot believe it! i think red days are the way forward for me, well see if i have another good loss next week, if i do do i have to leave :( xxx

That's great news chick. Well done.

Latte said:

I know that feeling Hun :-(

Don't peel it off!!! You will get there.
Good luck for next weigh in x

Back