The really slow loss team!

i am currently tucking into the chicken korma from the curry heaven book, its ok....nothing like a real korma unfortunately lol but still nice. would have been nicer if i had drained the rice properly haha!!

felicity my vino partner, have you been hitting that wine a bit early today haha?? i have a tall dark handsome bottle in my kitchen teasing me, im waiting on my friend and mother in law to come round then ill be having a well earnt glass or 3.

i am currently tucking into the chicken korma from the curry heaven book, its ok....nothing like a real korma unfortunately lol but still nice. would have been nicer if i had drained the rice properly haha!!

felicity my vino partner, have you been hitting that wine a bit early today haha?? i have a tall dark handsome bottle in my kitchen teasing me, im waiting on my friend and mother in law to come round then ill be having a well earnt glass or 3.

i daredn't try the curry options that need yoghurt etc in....yacky BUT the lentil dahl is gorgeous (and cheap)

as for the vino, GET IN !! ha ha ha its 8 oclock that i have permission to have my syns...oh i forgot i ate a bag of chips today tee hee, but they are only 2 syns arent they?? ha ha ha

Glad to see everyone so chirpy.
I have had two days off plan yesterday and today as the hospital told me yesterday I need another exploratory operation with a view to do more surgery.
Then today I saw my Dr as I have been feeling so ill and in so much pain and guess what on top of everything else I have a water infection ! Thank goodness it has been caught in time and I will finish the anti biotics before we go away.
So I have had a lot of chocolate and we are having chip butties for tea !

Hope you feel better soon, Latte. Enjoy your time away.

Seeing as everyone is so chipper on a friday night, I'm going to push the boat out myself and have a Kopparberg whilst playing Mah Jongg with the family. We're all in our Jim jams already. Lovely night in :)

Happy weekend everyone!

-2lbs this week for me ! However it's my first 2 lbs in 2 months so I think I can remain on the team. :D

ooooh ladies (and gents if there are any on here?) i feel ROUGH i had about a bottle and a half of wine last night, i didnt blow my diet food wise though. ive just had a bacon egg and mushroom sarnie but had to have it in granary...13syns!!! great!! that leaves me with very few syns for the rest of the week now. cant see me losing again this week now. oh well. ive had 89 syns so far including the wine, i didnt really want to go upto the limit on syns but i dont really have a choice now as i cant go til tuesday and not use any! had a good night though and i was so drunk that when everyone went home i put music on and was dancing around like a mad woman haha, so that must have burnt off the full bottle of wine and breadcake surely lol

latte sorry your having health problems at the minute, i know when i was having problems a few months ago and had to have an op i just went completely off plan for a good week or so, as weird as it sounds it helped as i didnt feel guilty for eating rubbish and when i felt better i actually wanted to follow the plan and have stuck to it reasonably well. i hope you feel better soon x

-2lbs this week for me ! However it's my first 2 lbs in 2 months so I think I can remain on the team. :D
Whoopee RasberryRed - of course we won't chuck you off the team - but you do need to gho and joind the party on the naughty step!

Sorry you're feeling blurgh Latte. Rest up over the weekend and pamper yourself if you can!

Thanks Lou and Pomme it so good to have the support here. I don't know when my operation will be have pre op two days after we get back from holiday. I am trying to stay on plan until weigh in on Tuesday night then holiday time !

come on for a bit of a moan im afraid ladies. my motivation has upped and left, completely ran out of steam with the diet, literally cant be bothered, i want to eat rubbish food and dont care right now how it affects my weight. but i know that in a few days ill be kicking myself. i had wine last night, that sarnie today, ive had some donner meat on its own with salad and 4 chocolates. i reckon ive gone way over my syns for the week so no doubt its another gain and im getting in the mind set again of 'well ive blown it now so may aswell just forget it' which is silly i know, if i stop now and be 100% til tuesday i know i can turn it around but needing a huge kick up the arse. help please i need your support and wise words ladies!

Hi guys, just found this thread and it's nice to see other people are in the same boat :) only been back at SW for 6 weeks and lost 4.5lbs which seems insignificant when peeps are losing that amount each week!!!! However I'm sticking with it as I am really enjoying it and eating lots which can only be a good thing!!! Thanks for spurring me on :) Xxxxxx

Welcome sjh!

Conlou, sorry to hear you feel so blah! Getting back in control will make you feel better, so, plan today's meals and do one good day. You can do it!

I have 0.2 lb off this week :)

And another welcome from me SJH - we're all of the tortoise nature here. Although one or two cheat occasionally (me included !!!) and lose more than the alloted pound!

come on for a bit of a moan im afraid ladies. my motivation has upped and left, completely ran out of steam with the diet, literally cant be bothered, i want to eat rubbish food and dont care right now how it affects my weight. but i know that in a few days ill be kicking myself. i had wine last night, that sarnie today, ive had some donner meat on its own with salad and 4 chocolates. i reckon ive gone way over my syns for the week so no doubt its another gain and im getting in the mind set again of 'well ive blown it now so may aswell just forget it' which is silly i know, if i stop now and be 100% til tuesday i know i can turn it around but needing a huge kick up the arse. help please i need your support and wise words ladies!
Lets start with the easy bit.
Consider yourself kicked :asskick: and smacked :whoopass:.

We all do it Lou - sabotage ourselves by having one or two of these :party0036:
It's these lovely little tastes of sunshine that kill our will power and make us head for the biscuit barrell, the crisps, the cakes etc.

But take inspiration from what you have lost. You're 2 stone lighter than you were which has to be healthier, and I suspect feel an awful lot better about yourself. Ok the last few weeks have been a bit up and down but you did well when you started. So get your diaries out and do a few of those weeks again.

My favourite phrase, and I'll keep saying it as it is the one that keeps me going.

Being fat is hard. Losing weight is hard. Choose your hard.

There's no easy way chica, you just have to get back on plan and trundle along.

((( Big hugs ))) :hug99: as you know you can do this and we're all here when you need to have a moan and get a bit of support.

Hi all.

I did not go to group last week. I was so low and down (maybe a touch of SAD syndrome) and I knew I had not lost but the scales were in fact showing a 1 lb gain. Could not face group, knowing I would just howl my eyes out!

I know how you feel Lou. I just get so tired of watching everything I eat and I just wanted to comfort eat. In the end I thought, well if I have gained I might as well blimming well eat something anyway.

Five packets of caramel snack a jacks later (5 for £2 in Co-op), I felt somewhat comforted!

My group leader phoned and I told her how I feel at the moment. She was lovely, so I will be back next week. Have been back on track for last two days.

What a slog it all can be though eh? :(

Thank goodness for this little family of ours. :family2:

Hope you are all ok. Well done to losers and STS ers and comms for peeps like me.

<-- Flabulous, have you thought about getting a SAD lamp (I bought one when they were on offer in Boots and they do make a big difference if you suffer). I think it was a Lumie lamp.

With the last post being by Flabulous, I read the title of this post as 'The fabulous really slow loss team !!' - how very true ! I've been back from hols for a couple of days now, but I've been lurking on here and I've been keeping up with this post and with all of you, even if I've not been posting.

But here I am, I'm really back (and posting!). Pleased with my foodies since we've been home and hoping for a loss on Tuesday :)

Have a good week everyone :) :) :)

It is a pretty fabulous thread though. Everyone is so supportive whether you have a great big loss, a disappointing stupid amount, an unexpected gain or if you just have a crap time.

I love this thread :)

im still really really down today, i have no energy (prob cos im eating crap) and i just want to cry all the time, i dont know whats wrong with me, my mum and husband have both noticed ive not been myself lately. ive been to docs but he wasnt much use and its all to do with my stupid stupid hormones. i just cant do this, im really really struggling. we was at a christening earlier and i didnt go mad but i had bread as there wasnt anything else to have. it hasnt helped that this weekend the bank i use, their site was down so i couldnt check what money we had in and i couldnt do a shop. managed to do it today to be delivered tomorrow, i need to snap myself out of it by tomorrow though. im not very well on top of all this have got a weird head cold and migraine and the kids are ill, i just feel like its all a bit much. i took sausages out for tea but am going to heat one of my sw meals i had put in the freezer. im not going to go to wi this week, i just cant face it at all, i need a break, i have so much going on in my life right now that i dont need to be made to feel even more rubbish than i already do. bad times.

:bighug: here's a big hug for you Lou, sorry you're feeling crappy. Whats done is done if you've eaten rubbish you can still move forward from now..... it'll definitely pick your mood up. Just do what you can and dont be too hard on yourself.

As for hormones, reflexology has been great for balancing mine. Plus I used to have monthly migrainy headaches without fail and now they have gone thanks to the reflexology :) I love it!

HelsAngel I totally agree its definitely fabulous :)

. . . My group leader phoned and I told her how I feel at the moment. She was lovely, so I will be back next week. Have been back on track for last two days.

What a slog it all can be though eh? :(

Thank goodness for this little family of ours. :family2:

Hope you are all ok. Well done to losers and STS ers and comms for peeps like me.
Well done Flabulous - 2 days back on track is brill. Deffo take it one day at a time.

Our family is brill, isn't it?

Yes - we sabotage ourselves.
Yes - we go off track.

BUT - there's always someone here to help.

Thank you every one of you tortoises for being here.

Thank you Pommette Tortoise too ! :)

Back