The really slow loss team!

ah right...hmm, i wonder if some of the healthy extras that are suddenly out are the ones weve all been eating?? lol, that would be a good turn around. we could all switch them and magically become speedy losers..oh i can dream

i just got on the scales to have a peek seeing as ive been good and it says ive gained! damn it, i knew it was too good to be true that i only put 1 pound off in my 2 weeks off.

Hey Lou - it could be worse.
I'm doing a fantastic job of maintaining again this week. The only problem is that it's at 3 lb ABOVE target!! Grrrrr :mad:

bless ya pom, i just keep repeating to myself, its christmas its christmas lol.
everyone is struggling atm, all we can do is our best eh? i cant wait to get to tuesday so i can have my baileys yummers! so far so good this week, had no alcohol at all!!! just about to do a shop online while my motivation is here, cos if i actually go into the shop il end up buying mice pies

Well done you naughty step people!!

Well there is nowt so slow a loser as one who gains. 1.5 lb on :-( totally my fault. That's 2 weeks off I've had! Will try to regain something of my commitment this week now that I don't have staff room chocolates to lure me!
Have a great week all
X

i wish i could have two weeks off and only gain such a teeny amount !
i have caved in completely this week hence my quiet phase of posting.....i am feeling guilty

Hey Felicity - get back here!

We're ALL struggling at the mo - bloomin cold weather. I had a very wayward night on Friday - went to the bar for a post-dinner coffee and brandy and ended staying for 3 hours and drinking about 50 syns! :eek:

So get back here and talk to us chica.
Have a :hug99: from me!

Hi guys,
I've missed you! Sorry I've not been about. Having a torrid time of it at the moment.

In brief, I lost 4.5lbs last week. I know, something weird happened. I didn't shout about it because it was undeserved and I knew it wasn't real (although I did update my stats). This week just gone I put on 4 of that so I'm glad I didn't rave. Haven't updated my stats yet so ignore them!
I'm 100% on plan this week coming, nothing getting in my way.

Although I haven't posted here or anywhere on the forum for a week or so, I'm reading every day. I can't really say anything other than what's already been said but I hope everyone enjoys the festivities. Don't beat yourselves up over gains, it's December and it's really hard.

Hope you're all well. Hopefully, it won't be long until I'm back posting and contributing again.

Much love and hello newbies :)

Hiya Hells - good to see you back again. Don't hide for sooo long chica.

I'm afraid that I'm not going to lose my 1lb this week but actually put on weight. I've had 2 dinners out & about 1 bottle of wine already since my last weigh in and I have another lunch tomorrow. I've looked at the menu & don't know what would be the best choice - they all seem really bad. Could any of you help me out?

Starters
- Baked oven dried tomato, leek and goat’s cheese tart, salad of frisee and shallot aioli (v)
- Smooth chicken liver pate, balsamic onion confit and toasted brioche
- Salad of spiced poached pear and shredded duck confit, toasted almonds and fig jam crostini
- Roasted pumpkin and coconut soup, red chili and spring onion cream (v)
- Linguini with clams and crab, confit tomato, parlsey, roasted garlic cream and grilled ciabbata

Main courses
- Stilton crusted medallions of pork tenderloin, apple and raisin spinach, fondant potato and sage butter
- Seared medallions of beef fillet, creamed potatoes with horseradish and rosemary, crisp onions and port truffle jus
- Baked fillet of sea trout, grilled baby leeks, pont neuf potatoes and brown butter shrimp
- Pan seared tuna fillet, grilled vegetable couscous salad, avocado, oregano and heirloom tomato salsa
- Risotto cake with sautéed Portobello mushrooms, buffalo mozzarella, plum tomato and sage jus (v)

Hi guys,
I've missed you! Sorry I've not been about. Having a torrid time of it at the moment.

In brief, I lost 4.5lbs last week. I know, something weird happened. I didn't shout about it because it was undeserved and I knew it wasn't real (although I did update my stats). This week just gone I put on 4 of that so I'm glad I didn't rave. Haven't updated my stats yet so ignore them!
I'm 100% on plan this week coming, nothing getting in my way.

Although I haven't posted here or anywhere on the forum for a week or so, I'm reading every day. I can't really say anything other than what's already been said but I hope everyone enjoys the festivities. Don't beat yourselves up over gains, it's December and it's really hard.

Hope you're all well. Hopefully, it won't be long until I'm back posting and contributing again.

Much love and hello newbies :)

Hi Hels - welcome back my lovely!

I have been having a bit of a rough time too - weight up and down like a fiddler's elbow... not good :(

We can do this with the support of each other........ so everyone who is feeling down and dispondent just get yourself over here for a HUGE group hug

:bighug::gen126::bighug::gen126:

According to the scales this morning I have regained the 1.6lbs I lost last week in less than 48 hours - WTF???

hey hels nice to see you hun :wavey:

felicity dont shy away cos youve had a bad time hunni, were all having a bad time...its christmas, everyone gains, its the law! :D

on that menu personally i wold go for the soup and the tuna with cous cous as they seem like perhaps the lesser synned ones, but in reality i would have the pate and the beef...i think its going to be synned anyway you may aswell enjoy it lol, which is probably why i dont lose a vast amount of weight haha.

well my week of being good is going a bit poo really, ive been pick pick picking, just cant help it, im not even hungry but just want to eat all the time, i felt sick last night i was so full but i still wanted to eat, very strange. im having a green day today cos ive been doing ee but not having the 1/3 superfree so i know i wont have lost anything and according to my scales i have gained about 3 pound :( hmmf. still going to go to weigh in on tuesday and im still going to relax a bit after tuesday. getting my baileys and gin and tonic and a few bottle of red wine, so ill be spending christmas half cut haha. i just keep thinking that after this weekend thats it, its all over, we can get back on track and start sloooowly losing again. chin up everyone xx

on that menu personally i wold go for the soup and the tuna with cous cous as they seem like perhaps the lesser synned ones, but in reality i would have the pate and the beef...i think its going to be synned anyway you may aswell enjoy it lol, which is probably why i dont lose a vast amount of weight haha.
Sinead - I'm with Lou, the soup and Tuna is probably the best best!

But I'd have the linguini followed by either beef or sea trout!

Looks like a fantastic menu !!!! Can I come too please?

Thanks, girls. To be honest, weight loss and SW is miles from my mind. One of my best friends was involved in a car accident on Monday and is critically ill in a coma. Suddenly, being a little bit overweight and not fitting in a dress seems so trivial in the grand scheme of things. Not to say that I'm giving up on it, just with things like this I've reviewed my perspective on life and what's important to me and what isn't so. Had I not lost over a stone I'm sure I'd feel differently but as I'm a little smaller than I was and respectively a little happier with my weight, I'm not trying as hard as I could.
Right now, praying for Kim and her family and trying to be there to support our friends is top of my list.

Not to be down about it all, she'd freak out if she thought anyone was being gloomy. These things always happen at Christmas time and it's so heartbreaking. Sorry for the waffle, didn't realise I needed to get it off my chest so badly!

Thanks a million for the help ladies. The beef is gorgeous - I had it a few weeks ago. I think I'll be good though & try to minimise the damage at weigh in. Pommette I'll get a doggy bag for you!

Hels, I'm so sorry to read that about your friend. I really hope she'll make a full recovery. Sending you hugs. x

Back