The really slow loss team!

My last 4 weeks have looked like this - STS, -0.5, -0.5, -0.5 - I'm definitely a member of the really slow loss team!!
Its getting ever so hard not to get demotivated. 13.5lb off in 3 months...

My last 4 weeks have looked like this - STS, -0.5, -0.5, -0.5 - I'm definitely a member of the really slow loss team!!

hey hun, welcome. 13.5 in 3 months isnt bad at all!! thats about a pound a week on average, which is a good steady rate. dont get disheartened hun just keep going with it, 13.5 off is better than 13.5 on!! or not losing a thing :)

WOOOOO felicity, dont knock it hunni, a pound off right before christmas!! brilliant!!

my weigh in tonight i had a sneaky peaky this morning and the prospects are terrible. i have been a lot better this week than the last 2 weeks but according to my scales i have gained :( i just wanted to lose anything this week, even just a measley 0.5 but nope not to be, so ill weigh in, i cant stay to group so at least i dont have to listen to everyone elses 4 and 5 pound losses when they have had 6 meals out, and then im off plan for a week. just going to forget about it and start again after christmas. :sigh:

lou wait until you get officially weighed, i cross my fingers that it isnt as bad as you fear, especially as you have done well this week x

Mirrakel said:

I haven't even lost that in 5 months !

Weigh in for me as well tonight. I really need to lose 0.5lbs to get into next stone bracket but my scales also show a gain or STS difficult to say.

Chica - get on over here! Welcome to the tortoise club.
As Latte siad, we're all blumin' slow here. I know Annya won't mind me saying this but she's taken a long time to lose a stone.
And in the last 3 months I've lost and regained the same few pounds so my grand total for Sept/Oct/Nov was just 5½ lbs.

So don't get downhearted. It's taken me a LONG time to get to target.
If you ignore ALL the months when I decided to just maintain it's still taken me almost 3 years to get there at less than ½lb per week.

So plod on chica, joing our happy little team and wear your tortoise badge with pride. Take your pick from one of these:

49842-albums3274-picture19755.jpg
49842-albums3274-picture19754.jpg
49842-albums3274-picture19753.jpg

We all know how it feels to lose slowly. If you look at my signature, you can see that in September and October I actually gained over both months although I've only had about 5 gains altogether! December's not looking all that amazing either. In 29 weeks (Just under 7 months) I've lost 16.5lbs which I think took me about 6 weeks to lose whenI was on the "dark side" (WW).

But as we've all said before (trawl through the posts and in fact the forum) over and over, we're losing slowly but look how healthily we're eating. We're doing this for good now and I still firmly believe that even when we're all at target, we'll continue to make these healthy and wise choices. For goodness sakes, we've been doing it so long already that if the plan isn't drummed into us yet it never will be!! AND remember that losing slowly means that our skin is not quickly adjusting to rapid weight loss and is going to shrink along with us rather than these fast losing alternatives.

I'm really happy to be losing slowly. I think the more I do this, the more of a way of life it'll become and the less likely I'll go back to my old ways.

Good luck Latte - and everyone else weighing in tonight. :fingerscrossed:

Welcome Mirrakel. Climb on board the tortoise train :)

I can seriously beat you in the slow loss stakes - it's taken me 7 months to lose a stone :eek: In fact it's less than a stone at the moment as I gained 3lbs a fortnight ago and have only managed to shift 1.6lbs of it back off so far. Judging by the scales this morning I'm on track for another gain this week too!

The "rules" of the group are anything more than a one pound loss and you go to the naughty step (there's quite a few there at the moment actually) and more than two weeks of "high" losses means lines as well :8855::8855:

Oh, and watch out for that Pommette - she's a tough task master- although she has no need to talk at the moment as she lost 3.75lbs last week :eek: and is resplendent on the naughty step with all the other offenders (myself included - at least for last week!).

It's a lovely team of supportive folk so you will be fine here :bighug:

Oh, and watch out for that Pommette - she's a tough task master- although she has no need to talk at the moment as she lost 3.75lbs last week :eek: and is resplendent on the naughty step with all the other offenders (myself included - at least for last week!).
Now just you wash your mouth out missie! :8855:
This is my first big loss for a good few weeks. And my pattern at the moment seems to be big loss followed by 2 or 3 weeks of gains.

I might be a slow learner as well as a slow loser :8855:
Bah humbug to you!

Me too Jodie. I'm at WI a day early this week as I've something on tomorrow evening. I really hope I don't gain!

conlou1 said:
i have weighed in, i lost half!! i am pleased with that seeing as my goal tonight was just to lose SOMETHING. i am not going to dis that half, im going to accept it graciously and go stuff my face for the next week as i am officially on a diet PAUSE until next tuesday...i cant gain too much in a week....surely??
Don't ask me, Lou. I put on 4 last week! ;) Enjoy your off plan time.

Now just you wash your mouth out missie! :8855:
This is my first big loss for a good few weeks. And my pattern at the moment seems to be big loss followed by 2 or 3 weeks of gains.

I might be a slow learner as well as a slow loser :8855:
Bah humbug to you!

Sorry :kissass::flowers: :D :8855:

Oh well. 1 lb on. I tried really hard to make the best choices this week but it looks like I need to try harder in future. It's not the end of the world though. It's Christmas after all & if it was any other year I'm sure I'd be up at least 5lbs at this stage in Dec.

conlou1 said:
i have weighed in, i lost half!! i am pleased with that seeing as my goal tonight was just to lose SOMETHING. i am not going to dis that half, im going to accept it graciously and go stuff my face for the next week as i am officially on a diet PAUSE until next tuesday...i cant gain too much in a week....surely??

Well done on the loss Lou! Losing anything in Dec is an achievement.

Back