The really slow loss team!

Hi can someone give me some help with what type of day this is....

Porridge (b) banana, apple, milk (a) salad (no meat or cheese) dinner is sausage casserole with loads of ee bed and normal veg (will of course sin everything) but not sure if this is a red, green or EE?

Help x

Hi can someone give me some help with what type of day this is....

Porridge (b) banana, apple, milk (a) salad (no meat or cheese) dinner is sausage casserole with loads of ee bed and normal veg (will of course sin everything) but not sure if this is a red, green or EE?

Help x
By bed I take it you mean veg! LOL

Tricky one - sausages aren't free on any day so, as you say, need to be synned.

If there are spuds/parsnips/beans/pulses in the casserole then you need to count it as a Green day. Otherwise it could be a Red day. It actually doesn't really matter!

Also, as you've only had one Hex A&B so far so it could even be an EE day too!

I can see why you are having problems!
Personally I'd take it as a Green or Red so that I could have my 2nd HexA and maybe have a treat of some cheese or a hot milky coffee!

That menu doesn't look as though you have actually eaten enough today chica. Don't skimp on Hex's or syns. The Hex's are there to give you the added nutrients that you need - and to make sure you are full. The syns are to keep you from straying off the straight and narrow.
And don't forget to drink lots of water - it helps flush the toxins away and helps weight loss!

Have you read these threads

Advice to Newcomers

SW FAQs

They have lots of useful hints and tips about SW and explain better than I can why you need to eat all your allowances.

Last edited:
Pommette is someone sending you the details from the new book ? I have to say after all the hype it is thinner then the other book and I could barely see any changes

My sister's getting on my nerves!
I love her to death but I don't need sympathy from her every blasted week because she's losing faster than me grrrrrrrrr
I'm delighted for her, I really am, but why can't she just accept that I'm not "doing something wrong" and that with the support of you guys on here I'll get there?
She's lost 1.5 at her WI yesterday. I'm dreading mine tonight now, because there'll be all these murmurs of sympathy that I don't want. And the way she tells me about her losses ... It's like she's trying not to upset me. It's driving me insane! I've tried to tell her gently that I'm simply not losing sleep over her great losses, I accept that's just the way it is, but SHE WON'T STOP!!!!
OK, rant over. And exhale ...

Pommette is someone sending you the details from the new book ? I have to say after all the hype it is thinner then the other book and I could barely see any changes
Hiya chica - yes the lovely Mrs.S sent me all the changes!

As you say, nothing major - just a few additions to free (yay for tomato purée) and minor changes to weights.

My sister's getting on my nerves!
I love her to death but I don't need sympathy from her every blasted week because she's losing faster than me grrrrrrrrr
. . . .
OK, rant over. And exhale ...
Rant away chica - that's what we're here for!

I think the time may have come to be a bit more blunt with her! Do it politely but just tell her that her sympathy isn't necessary and that it is drivinging you mad!

Point out that losing it slowly means you have already adjusted to a better way of eating and it will stay off forever. Rather than losing too quickly to only put it all back on again.

May make her think a bit!

Pommette said:
By bed I take it you mean veg! LOL

Tricky one - sausages aren't free on any day so, as you say, need to be synned.

If there are spuds/parsnips/beans/pulses in the casserole then you need to count it as a Green day. Otherwise it could be a Red day. It actually doesn't really matter!

Also, as you've only had one Hex A&B so far so it could even be an EE day too!

I can see why you are having problems!
Personally I'd take it as a Green or Red so that I could have my 2nd HexA and maybe have a treat of some cheese or a hot milky coffee!

That menu doesn't look as though you have actually eaten enough today chica. Don't skimp on Hex's or syns. The Hex's are there to give you the added nutrients that you need - and to make sure you are full. The syns are to keep you from straying off the straight and narrow.
And don't forget to drink lots of water - it helps flush the toxins away and helps weight loss!

Have you read these threads

Advice to Newcomers

SW FAQs

They have lots of useful hints and tips about SW and explain better than I can why you need to eat all your allowances.

Thank you for your advice. I've added 2 slices of nimble and will add something else. Def not gonna cut back in sins or he otherwise I'll go off the rails. I'll read these links and thanks again for the advice. I'm gonna go for a green day x

oh sh1tty sh1t ladies, i have gained 5 and a half. what a pile of gigantic dinasaur poo. i am really not happy about it, in fact i went bright red and felt like crying my eyes out. then i came home to my grumpy stupid husband and the girls screaming their heads off, and my son who even though he was stood next to a sink and stood on vinyl flooring, decided to run dramatically down the CARPETED hall and spew everywhere, i would have sympathy but hes 13, his sickness is self inflicted as he gets migraines when he plays on his game too long and he refused to get off it earlier after being on it for 8 hours solid. im having such a rubbish day. then while eating my success expressed tea my daughter kept pinching salad off my plate then spitting back onto my plate full of saliva at which point i shouted at her, then started laughing then crying...i think ive finally cracked up

Oh Lou what a truly sh1t day :(
No wonder you've been crying :cry:, think I'd have been on the point of leaving home.
I feel it can only get better though, big hugs xxx

thanks guys, ill be fine, all kids are in bed, hubby on mw3 so im not having to put up with his bad attitude, so im left alone with the laptop. hurrah. god im truly gutted about that gain, acc was you expecting yours to be 5? i was prepared for it but kinda hoping myscales were wrong, i knew deep down id put a lot on though cos my clothes felt really tight. how can it take me 2 or 3 months to lose that then it fly on in a week?? honestly ladies i have been naughty but not THAT naughty. humff. i am just going to have to try extra hard. i am going to make as many meals as i can success express and on xmas eve ill just have to be boring cos i feel i have enjoyed myself a little too much now and its time to stop. im just hoping my period is possibly due cos im irregular it could be any time now but could also be any time now for the next 5 months!! and ive only got 5 days til next weigh in, ill be lucky to get a bloody sodding pound off in that time. rant rant rant

Lou are you ok . Sending you big hugs xxx I hope you have a better day tomorrow. I bet a lot of yours is hormonal and it will shift in next couple of weigh ins. X

well last week i had massive stabbing pains on one side, i think i may have been ovulating..i had other signs too but wont go into detail lol. so by my reckoning i should come on in a few days...so fingers crossed that alot of it is fluid. off to do a massive shop tomorrow and buying that dvd player and going to give the 30 day shred a go..well maybe after ive eased in with a week of davina haha

after i got weighed the woman said, dont worry that wasnt the most tonight, i was dying to ask what was lol

I think it's so damned unfair that 5lb can be gained in a week, but then doesn't come straight off, despite big efforts. And yet seemingly skinny mares drop 5lb with little apparent effort. During my first stab at SW, I found I couldn't bear listening to other members expressing astonishment at huge losses, because they'd had fish and chips and chocolate :mad: there's not do much of that in my current class.
Lou, hang in there. I once went to weight watchers with an American girl whose gains were legendary. She famously gained 10lb on a four day trip to Europe. We were all in stitches, but only because she was too :D
Deep breaths, gird your loins, (whatever that means) .... 2012 will be our year ;)

That is what is so good about this team we all have those horrible gains and never those great big massive losses whilst still eating chip dinners and Mac Ds !

My consultant said one of her ladies once put on 18lb over Christmas !

My consultant said one of her ladies once put on 18lb over Christmas !
Blumin' 'eck. It took me almost 8 months to lose my last 18 lbs so the thought of putting it back on again in a week would be horrifying!

Lou/Acc - okay 5 lbs gain is pants! But a lot of it will just be food and carb bloat so some of it should go fairly quickly if you get back on track. I'm hoping to shed a couple of my 5¼ lbs gain fairly quickly and then just plod on again.

I'm off on holiday on 3rd March so I'm determined to lose it by then. Are you two up for a challenge and see if we can drop 5 lb in 9 weeks? That's only just over ½ lb a week. That has to be doable doesn't it?

yeah im up for a challenge, balls, i havent met any one of my other challenges yet, my december challenge of being the same weight by the end of december as what i started it was a big fat fail. in fact 6 ponds worth of failage. xmas day i had my dinner, which yes included goose fat roasties, yorkie puds, pigs in blankets and gravy but that was all i had all day...oh 1 slice of bread in the morning.
boxing day i had meat, 1 slice of pork pie and a piece of carrot cake, that was it, then i felt so rubbish i ate fairly healthy up until today. i have picked and had the odd biscuit etc but i really havent pigged out massively. i hope it is just bloat and excess of food waiting to evacuate haha. i have bought some activia fat free yogs to try move things along and ive done a success express day today. im starving but that seems to be the only way i lose weight, if im hungry. so i will just have to suck it up and get on with it.

now im off for another satsuma before i chew off my left arm :D

Back