The really slow loss team!

felicity62 said:
acc, how are you feeling?

Not too bad
I didnt expect that much,but whats done is done!
Todays a new day ,ready for the challenge plus ,i have go t the 30 day shred to start:-S
Lou I' m with you on the excess bloat and need to evacuate!!!

Sent from my E15i using MiniMins

acc my 30 day shred is still in the packet, i need to buy a dvd player cos hubby sold ours (idiot) thinking i could play it on his ps3 but its so much faffing about to switch the wires around and try to work his controls that i just dont bother, i just want to put the disc in and press play. so once i have that im going to do it....i dont have weights though so might have to invest in some of those too.

Well I managed to gain 1.2lbs over Christmas, which for me is nothing short of amazing as I usually manage at least half a stone. However, I am now 5lbs heavier than I was month ago, which is not so good :sigh:

Going to see the doc this afternoon to see if he will let me do VLCD for a couple of weeks just to try and get things going again as SW seems to have stopped doing the business since the increase of steroid - I followed the same week to the letter that I lost over 2lbs on a couple of weeks before Christmas and managed to gain over a pound!

Good luck to us all - Christmas and it's associated temptations are now behind us for another year so it's time to get back on track and get this weight shifted.

I don't regret gaining - I have enjoyed my short respite and it only remains to get focused again..... I must admit that fruit salad and winter don't go hand in hand though :rolleyes:

Good luck to us all................

Annya - only gained 1.2 lbs? I'd class that as a major success if it were me.

Acc/Lou deffo with you on the "need to evacuate". I haven't "been" since Boxing Day!! and I feel so uncomfortable. It has to come out soon, doesn't it? Lots of fruit today to see if that will shift it!

conlou1 said:
acc my 30 day shred is still in the packet, i need to buy a dvd player cos hubby sold ours (idiot) thinking i could play it on his ps3 but its so much faffing about to switch the wires around and try to work his controls that i just dont bother, i just want to put the disc in and press play. so once i have that im going to do it....i dont have weights though so might have to invest in some of those too.

I need a dvd player,son said to use his ps2 but I' m the same as you play and go,off to buy one after work and have a go tomorrow.
By the way I' ve been.!!!!!:-!

Sent from my E15i using MiniMins

Pommette said:
Annya - only gained 1.2 lbs? I'd class that as a major success if it were me.

Acc/Lou deffo with you on the "need to evacuate". I haven't "been" since Boxing Day!! and I feel so uncomfortable. It has to come out soon, doesn't it? Lots of fruit today to see if that will shift it!

I have the opposite problem which is probably why I lost 2lbs. Nothing is staying in and my stomach is cramping all the time. If it continues I will have to see the Dr as things are just not right.

By the way I' ve been.!!!!!:-!
Lucky you!
I had superspeed tomato soup (which includes beans) and a massive bowl of fruit salad (melon, pineapple and grapes). Now if that doesn't shift it by tomorrow I might need to take some even more drastic measures! :eek:

i have 'been'too but not much...god this is gross isnt it hahaha, hope no one is eating!! i have had a veg speedy soup for tea with leeks in so hoping tomorrow i go properly, my stomach is humungous!!

i do actually think * week is coming i have wanted to kill everyone within a 1 mile radius. hubby is being a pain and the kids doin my head in but im reacting to it far worse than i do normally. lets hope so and i come on by tuesday and magically lose the 5 and a half i put on last week...ooh i can dream!

Lou - if I remember correctly, you haven't had too many * weeks since your last wee one was born. It may well be your body just getting used to all those hormones again chica.

Smile, take a deep breath and put the rolling pin away (that you obviously had in your hand to batter them all with :eek:).

Last edited:
no ive had one hun..about 4 weeks ago so im hoping i am due cos that means i could be finally having a regular period!!! if not it will be my body doing some weird hormonal dance that it likes to do no doubt. its so boring being a woman and having all this crap to deal with lol. rolling pin is hidden...and hubby gone out. even though he has been a **** head so it should be me who goes out, but i need to think of those calories!!!

Hi all.

How I have missed my tortoise pals!

Not been on the forum for weeks. We had a huge drama in my house ( will not go into details) but it consumed all my time, and what with work and the drama, I barely had time to log on.

So....Christmas....I went to weigh in and did not look at the scales...on taking a peek at my book, I saw I had gained 1.5 lb which is a bloomin miracle as I have eaten so much over about a two week period.

Trouble is, I am back at my weight I was in September!! I really have to get serious now.......just messing around here...do I want to lose weight or not...that's how simple it is.

Sorry to hear you have not been well Lou.

Well we can all start afresh can we not?

Let's go for it!!!!!!!!!!! Can't seem to get any hug smilies up, but here I am hugging you all and wishing you determination for the coming year. :)

helloooo flabuulous!!!!!!!!!
i am in the same boat, weighing the same as i did around september time and i said the same to my mother that if i want to lose weight i need to jolly well get on with it...why on earth am i sabotaging myself? if i dont want to lose weight then i should throw my books away eat what i want and be richer and happy with the way i am, btu im not happy, i feel bloated and yuk, my clothes dont fit and i want to be smaller....i just need to foght with my brain that keeps trying to force feed me those yummy treats. im back and im kicking my own butt, i will not lose determination this time, i will not look for comfort in my fridge and i will lose a damn stone and a half by april if its the last thing i do...stick that in ya pipe and smoke stupid brain....(was talking to my own brain there, no one else hahahaha) COME ON we have got through it, with our gains, losses and sts but its over christmas is behind us, we have no excuses now, lets get on and do it and turn our tortoise group into the group where we all reach target in 2012!!! i believe in you all!!!

Hiya flabulous - good to see you back.

Now Lou - that's more like you. Go kick some a$$!

Last edited:
Night Lou - I'm off to bed now.

I've consumed 2 days worth of syns all in one bottle of fizz! :eek: But I'm happy - well merry actually if the truth be told!

Good on you Lou!

Nighty night and hic Bev!

My turn tomorrow - we are heading to a friends house for a traditional New Year's BBQ - I am taking lots of lean steak and having a red day :)

ha ha ha bev...good on ya!!! hope your head isnt hurting today!
annya that sounds very very sw friendly...red day on nye!!! i think that must deserve some sort of medal?? i hope your loss next week is reflective of the effort you are putting in hunni

well, i feel slimmer today..i know that sounds so silly as i only got weighed on thurs, but, i cant stop weeing, and have 'been' a few times so wondering if it was just bloat after all? anyway, i got weighed on my scales which i weighed 12.4 (12.3 when i got on sw ones so around a pound out...can be about a pound either way tbh) and i weighed 12 stone bang on...so that means ive lost between 2 and 4 pounds depending which way my scales were swinging in a matter of a day and a half.....i am now not really wanting to drink or have a treat tonight cos i dont want that number to shoot back up to were i was thursday, plus i still feel really rubbish, my throat feels like someone is strangling me, i have ear ache, bunged up sinuses, and i am sweating profusely and aching like ive run a marathon...do i really need a hangover on top of all that? i think not...but can i abstain?

Hi Lou - 2/4 lbs is normal daily weight variation due to bloat, water retention, not having a *ahem* pooh! So nay fret!

As to my head - the word from Liff is feeling duntish.

DUNTISH (adj.)
Mentally incapacitated by severe hangover

haha bev, well we got given yes given a bottle of champers and a litre of vodka...so i think i will be having a drink this evening, we have ordered chinese so i checked the sw new book and ordered chicken cjow mein cos it was only 7 syns and have put a joint of gammon in to snakc on later. gonna boil some eggs too. i really wanted prawns in batter but it was 19 syns so i did make a better choice, and its just one meal...i have done success express the rest of the day and tomorrow will be back on it big time. i am determined to get this weight off. new year or no new year.

happy new year everyone hope you have a good one, i have done lottery so if i win i will throw a big minimins party and your all invited wooooooo

To all my lovely friends on the tortoise team. Have a great evening

images

Back