The really slow loss team!

I am with you Annya x I bet you will have a bigger loss next week if you keep up the hard work as it is just your body catching up.

Welcome to all new old and returning tortoises x

Still can't get my head around SE sorry and I looked online and couldn't ser anything on the website. I will keep plodding along with what I know.

I can't believe I had lost a stone and have now slipped back to losing less then 7lbs ! It is so easy

yeah there isnt anything on the website, they dont freely advertise it, you have to get a leaflet from your c. if its confusing and seems like too much hard work your best off sticking with what you know hun. its taken me months to get my head around doing it tbh. you could always just increase your super free and decrease your free slightly to give that loss a boost?

well done flabulous on your loss, quite a few of us on the naughty step now! next week well all be on it!!
Not me chica - the scales are refusing to budge this week. In fact they were up today! Grrrrrr

Annya - well done chica. In the circs a ½lb off for you is a major success!

Well, true to form I remain a slow loser :eek:( No chance of me joining everyone else on the naughty step so I will stay on the sloth side like Billy No Mates!

Half a pound off for me this week, but everything considered that's good so I'm taking it and running!

I am disappointed it wasn't a bit more as I have been super-good this week, but that's life for me during the winter months :-/

I'd like to say I will catch up with a good loss next week, but we all know that ain't gonna happen.................
Hello everyone. Just wanted to come by and say to Annya that you're not a billy by any stretch. I'm right here with you with no chance of the naughty step.

My last 5 weeks are like this.

4.5lbs off
4lbs on
3lbs off
3lbs on
1.5lb on.

I mean have you EVER seen yo-yoing like it? Being someone who before this lost a maximum of 2lbs on a really good week, it's such a strange scenario.

Anyway, feeling the love for the motivation after reading all of your wonderful posts, I'm now firmly back on the wagon (for the last three days now) and have dragged my fella along for the ride. He's following from home with me so not going to groups or signed up online but it's making it easier for me to follow if cooking for 2 rather than adapting a family meal.
I'm hoping he sticks with it, afterall, we have a wedding to plan for now ;)
:candledinner:

Keep it up ladies, whether you've been on plan this last week, off plan and getting back on it, poorly and now feeling better or none of the above but something different, we can all totally do this.

Don't forget the water too. I think it's so important and really does help me when I've had loads. I make myself drink some water or NAS Squash every time I go into the kitchen!

Good Luck, lovelies :)

:hug99: Hels

Here's to a great 2012 for all of us.

PS Tried to rep you Hels, but apparently I still need to spread it around!

Last edited:
i am having an extra easy day today...my god fridays are so hard to food optimise. done it though but had 12.5 syns. wanted to do a full week of success express really so a bit disappointed that i havent but i didnt get chance to get anything for dinner so just had a hi fi bar that i had in my bag and by tea i was starving..i needed carbs so had a massive jacket with prawns and 1/3 salad. feel better now. also still waiting for * week to raise its ugly head, feel like its gonna happen but it could be any time from now until may knowing what my body is like grrr, feel bloated and got period pains, so going to have a pamper night if the kids allow me to, face mask, de-fuzz session, dye my hair file my nails etc etc, should help me to feel a bit better. right off to do a big shop online...hope everyone has had a great day :)

To Annya

Half a pound is a pack of butter which has melted off your body, so it's very positive really.

I think the trouble is that we compare ourselves to others, I know I do.

This thread helps me so much and your support means a lot to me Annya so I am sending out wishes for a bigger loss for you next week. :) + a 1 lb loss for me too!

What is really helping me at the moment is the fact that my son has joined me (he needs to lose at least a stone) and therefore the house is no longer packed to the gills with his sweets and chocolates from Aldi.

I resolved to kick chocolate out of my life in 2012 as it is so psychologically and physically addictive for me. So that's me, no booze and now no chocolate. If I don't get ahead after giving those up, then I shall feel aggrieved and quite rightly so I think!!!!! :D

PS. I am still allowed hi fi bars - don't want to go completely crazy!

flabulous i have cut out alcohol since new year. 7 days and counting!! ha ha i sound like an alcoholic! wont be drinking tonight cos on anti biotics and next weekend the hubby is off out i think, i may have a glass or 2 of wine on the friday but if i get a decent loss this week through lack of alcohol it will put me off wanting to drink wine on a weekend. its not the wine that is the problem for me as i only need about 2 or 3 glasses and im well drunk, its the junk food inhaling binge fest that happens immediately after for a whole 48 hours. its ridiculous. chocolate, i dont eat either, just now and again, im not really a fan if im honest, it makes me feel sick. i dont really have a sweet tooth, its high fat and salty stuff i cant resist...and cheese, bloody cheese, i could literally eat it until its coming out of my ears. i love the stuff!!!

back on success express today, waiting for my shopping to come, i spent about 50 quid on fruit, veg and salad...i WILL be slim!

:-( no loss this week! Put on 1.5 overnight! If I had weighed in yesterday I would have had a loss! Grr!!
I have been better but not good enough

:-( no loss this week! Put on 1.5 overnight! If I had weighed in yesterday I would have had a loss! Grr!!
I have been better but not good enough
And if you weight tomorrow it will probably be gone again! The scales and our bodies are fickle friends.

Just stick with it WG it will go soon.

We might weigh in weekly but our bodies don't know that and they don't necessarily lose weekly.

My SW weigh in is a Tuesday but my personal weigh in has always been a Saturday and sometimes I can have a weight gain or loss on Saturday and a STS at group or vice versa. Even my Tuesday and Saturday weigh ins don't follow the same pattern !

yes i always seem to weigh less on a monday and then by a tuesday i miraculously gain a pound or 2 for no reason at all.

cooking a big chicken dinner, im going to have a success express meal and syn my stuffing and yorkshire pud, i have fruit and fat free yogurt for pudding and chocolate cake for everyone else. this is going to be a major test of will power today!! wish me luck

Good luck Lou - I'm on roast beef and yorkshires today. No pud fortunately required as hubs doesn't eat them! And I had so much fruits for lunch that twice in a day might be lethal *ahem* IFKWIM !!

Especially as I had 24 hours off food yesterday to try and sort my duff guts out.

Last edited:
i managed to be good, i decided to go with a red day as i wanted to snack on prawns later without putting super free with them, so i counted the potato at tea as a hexb and i still have 1 hexb and 2 hexa's left.

booked the kids into the creche on tuesday and thursday so will be going to the gym then...looking forward to it! im aching now from just my small session i did so i think ill be dying after a full session!!

Well as well as being back on SW I've officially managed 7 days not smoking too!

jennyc_uk - well done. That's a fab achievement! Keep it up chica.

morning all! hope everyone is ok, good luck to any having weigh in's today.

mine is tomorrow, i feel i deserve a loss, i have been 100% all week in fact 200% all week. ive just made some soup, chicken and veg, so ill be having that today and am going to do a fish pie for tea...with lots of veg of course! ive been so much more energetic since the new year and eating better, i have even done a load of batch cooking this morning for my baby, skinned and boned my chicken and put the soup on..whats that all about? lol. must be all this bloody veg im eating! hope everyone is ok its been quiet on here the last 2 days!!

Pommette said:
jennyc_uk - well done. That's a fab achievement! Keep it up chica.

Thanks pommette! Everyone thinks I'm mad trying to do both but I think SW is the best diet to do it on as I am eating more instead of having a cigarette but instead of having junk I'll eat the right foods instead x

It's 12 months today since I started back on this losing weight lark and I am not a happy bunny this morning, to say the least!

It's a gain of 1¼ lb since last Monday for me. So I'm off the norty step.

I know its only carb bloat - I had roasties as well as yorkshires with my roast beef yesterday - and I know it'll probably be gone again tomorrow but I'm still mad at myself.

Off to bridge now and I just hope we do better there as last week was a disaster.

*** Skulks off in annoyance ***

Back